Happy Valentine's Day!

lp1964
lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

Happy Valentine's Day! May life surround you with people who adore you and appreciate your love.

Laz

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Happy Valentine's Day!

Thank you Laz!

I hope everyone is able to enjoy a little treat on Valentine's Day. 

Sadly (for my Cholesterol) I accidentally put a whole extra stick of butter in an already butter laden chocolate cake I'm making. 3 sticks of butter instead of two. Can I blame it on Chemo brain? Heaven knows, I typed the recipe out in large font so that I wouldn't make a mistake  image

Oh well! 

image   Sue - Trubrit

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Trubrit said:

Happy Valentine's Day!

Thank you Laz!

I hope everyone is able to enjoy a little treat on Valentine's Day. 

Sadly (for my Cholesterol) I accidentally put a whole extra stick of butter in an already butter laden chocolate cake I'm making. 3 sticks of butter instead of two. Can I blame it on Chemo brain? Heaven knows, I typed the recipe out in large font so that I wouldn't make a mistake  image

Oh well! 

image   Sue - Trubrit

I bet it's yummy, though,

I bet it's yummy, though, Sue! And thank you Laz, same to you! Today is also my anniversary. It seemed romantic to get married on Valantine's Day but it was a mistake. We can't just go somewhere and enjoy the evening.

I went out with two friends last night to a dinner theatre as my husband was working and ended up blowing my ostomy bag halfway through it. The venue is an hour's drive from home and I had to leave the place with my whole stomach soaked and trying to blot it up with a napkin. I've been lucky, I've never had it blow like that in public in the two years I've had it. Just the occasional minor leak or a couple of times bad ones while sleeping. I was crying when I left and was terribly embarassed. It was a reminder that I'm not the same as I was and never will be. On the bright side I rode my horse for 3 hours on Friday night and that's a record since my diagnosis! So that's how I celebrated Valentine's weekend.

Jan

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    JanJan63 said:

I bet it's yummy, though,

I bet it's yummy, though, Sue! And thank you Laz, same to you! Today is also my anniversary. It seemed romantic to get married on Valantine's Day but it was a mistake. We can't just go somewhere and enjoy the evening.

I went out with two friends last night to a dinner theatre as my husband was working and ended up blowing my ostomy bag halfway through it. The venue is an hour's drive from home and I had to leave the place with my whole stomach soaked and trying to blot it up with a napkin. I've been lucky, I've never had it blow like that in public in the two years I've had it. Just the occasional minor leak or a couple of times bad ones while sleeping. I was crying when I left and was terribly embarassed. It was a reminder that I'm not the same as I was and never will be. On the bright side I rode my horse for 3 hours on Friday night and that's a record since my diagnosis! So that's how I celebrated Valentine's weekend.

Jan

Ah Jan!

Your blow out and my cake mistake, and we're here to enjoy it all. I'm sorry you were sad though, and understand what your say about never being the same again. 

I was just watching an old Osmond video on YouTube. Carefree days they were, but you know, I wouldn't go back to them. I'll take the Cancer and run just as far as I can with it. 

I hope you and hubby have some lovely Valentine's/Anniversary time together. 

Sue - Trubrit

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    I also thought privately,

I also thought privately, that Valentines Day was a hassle, a day invented by the card industry to sell stuff. It usually came during the week, meaning after coming home tired, I needed to gear up to take Cindy to some place nice, and make an effort to find something to give her, usually a little jewelry, she loved rings and such.  Now I sit here on a day that echos her absence over and over, and think what I would give or do to have that "hassle" back in my life, even just once more. Happy Valentines Day to all................................................Dave

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I also thought privately,

I also thought privately, that Valentines Day was a hassle, a day invented by the card industry to sell stuff. It usually came during the week, meaning after coming home tired, I needed to gear up to take Cindy to some place nice, and make an effort to find something to give her, usually a little jewelry, she loved rings and such.  Now I sit here on a day that echos her absence over and over, and think what I would give or do to have that "hassle" back in my life, even just once more. Happy Valentines Day to all................................................Dave

Aw Dave, I'm so sorry. Yes,

Aw Dave, I'm so sorry. Yes, certain days really make you face it more than others, don't they? Every day is painful but some are just worse.

Jan