Alexandra's update

Options
2»

Comments

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

Darlin', GOD BLESS YOU!  I am

Darlin', GOD BLESS YOU!  I am so sorry to hear what you have had going on but damn it I LOVE YOUR SPIRIT! 

Hugs, Alexandra! 

You are sprung!

Glad to hear you finally got out of that place.  I would have been going stir crazy.  Any idea how many more weeks of chemo?  If that's a new selfie, doesn't look like you did much damage when you fell.

• wholfmeister
    wholfmeister Member Posts: 315
    Options
    Be well!

What an ordeal!  I just spent 2 days in the hospital, and it tried my "patients."  Can't imagine spending 4 weeks!  Stay strong in body and spirit, friend!

Much love to you!

• debrajo
    debrajo Member Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Another update

I spent 4 weeks in the hospital tied to the TPN bag (IV nutrition), getting weekly chemo (Taxol) and blood transfusions. It was incredibly boring. Little by little I started to eat normal food again, blood counts and electrolyte levels stabilized, there is no longer evidence of bowel obstruction, so today I was discharged. Yay! So happy to be back home and not to be pushing IV pole around.

Last week I fainted for some reason while having a smoke outside the hospital and hit the pavement with my face. Brain MRI came back negative, which means "no brain mets" and does not mean "no brain" no matter what my husband says. 

Many thanks to those reading my updates and sending words of love and support. Many hugs right back at you.

update

I love the new picture, but Darlin', what a way to get skinny!  Think I will stay fat!  My patients with all things medical disappeared years ago.  I admire your gumption...and keep us posted on how you are doing!  Best, Debrajo

• pandagypsy
    pandagypsy Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Another update

I spent 4 weeks in the hospital tied to the TPN bag (IV nutrition), getting weekly chemo (Taxol) and blood transfusions. It was incredibly boring. Little by little I started to eat normal food again, blood counts and electrolyte levels stabilized, there is no longer evidence of bowel obstruction, so today I was discharged. Yay! So happy to be back home and not to be pushing IV pole around.

Last week I fainted for some reason while having a smoke outside the hospital and hit the pavement with my face. Brain MRI came back negative, which means "no brain mets" and does not mean "no brain" no matter what my husband says. 

Many thanks to those reading my updates and sending words of love and support. Many hugs right back at you.

Freedom!

So glad you are out of the hospital!  It can be so boring and frustrating...........last year I was admitted and given a couple of pints of blood, which did the trick..........but had a heck of a time getting released.  They wanted more tests, physical therapy, etc.  AAAARRRGGHHH......and that was only 1 day and an overnight. My husband called (followed by me calling) my oncologist to tell him to get the "hospitalist" to release me or I was just going to walk out!!!!! You are a trooper for the 4 week stay......now, STAY OUT OF THERE Sealed

• Hearty Pioneer
    Hearty Pioneer Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Alexandra said:

Another update

Home

there is no place like home. Glad you are there. Do you know you fainted? That seems odd.