Husband's Surgery Tomorrow

Options
Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
edited March 2015 in Colorectal Cancer #1

My husband's kidney cancer surgery is tomorrow.  Please keep him in your prayers, good vibes and well wishes for a successful surgery and for complete recovery.  His demeanor has sure changed since he found out he has cancer.  It's surprising how those words can make your whole life turn around.  He is definitely fortunate that this surgery requires no follow up treatment and is one of the best (if you can call it that which the ER doctor called it) cancers to get to be totally cured from right away and was fortunate to pee blood instead of having it continue without any symptoms.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  This day was also my inital surgery day to remove my cancer 6 years ago so it is a bitter sweet anniversary.  One that my husband and I will share forever.  Kind of ironic isn't it?  I'll let you know how things go.

Hugs!  Kim

Comments

• skeets1961
    skeets1961 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm lifting your husband up

I'm lifting your husband up in prayer for a succesful surgery & healing and for you to have strength and peace.  Please keep us upated.

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good thoughts

for both of you. Yes, that's a weird date to share but nice in that it's the date you both got rid of cancer, worth a mini celebration in the future. Kidney is a highly survivable cancer, whew! I hope his demeanor has changed in a positive way, one of cancer's few silver linings. Thinking of you both, best wishes!

Easyflip/Richard

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you both Kim -

Thinking of you both Kim - hope all goes well.

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    This Date is Special

I wish your husband well today and that he recovers quickly and easily from his surgery.  We almost lost my oldest grandson on this date 7 years ago.  His heart stopped due to undiagnosed long QT Syndrome.  He was down for approx. 12 minutes until his mom (my daughter and a nurse) pulled him out of bed and started CPR.  He was shocked 3 times by Advanced Life Support and brought back.  He was put into an induced coma and they lowered his body temp in an effort to save his brain.  He came back to us, a true miracle.  He is now a 6 ft. 14 year old, happy and healthy.  I definitely believe in miracles, our family got one on this date 7 years ago.  It is a good date

Linda

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I will keep you both in my

I will keep you both in my prayers

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Keep you both in my prayers.

Keep you both in my prayers. Best luck with everything and a speedy recovery.

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Options

Keep you both in my prayers.

Keep you both in my prayers. Best luck with everything and a speedy recovery.

Kim, I remembered your

Kim, I remembered your husband, and, of course, you, in prayer today. I hope all went well.

It is a good thing you have only one date to remember your cancer anniversaries :-)

CM

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Thinking of your husband today...

and hoping that all is going well. 

I its so unfair that your family has to suffer so many episdoes of Cancer, but don't we all know it, that life isn't normally as fair as we wish. 

We are with you in support.

Sue - Trubrit

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    LindaK. said:

This Date is Special

I wish your husband well today and that he recovers quickly and easily from his surgery.  We almost lost my oldest grandson on this date 7 years ago.  His heart stopped due to undiagnosed long QT Syndrome.  He was down for approx. 12 minutes until his mom (my daughter and a nurse) pulled him out of bed and started CPR.  He was shocked 3 times by Advanced Life Support and brought back.  He was put into an induced coma and they lowered his body temp in an effort to save his brain.  He came back to us, a true miracle.  He is now a 6 ft. 14 year old, happy and healthy.  I definitely believe in miracles, our family got one on this date 7 years ago.  It is a good date

Linda

Grandson

What a terrible ordeal to go through, but I'm so glad that he was revived and now doing well.  Something like that you will never forget.  This date has to have a bitter/sweet moment for you as well.  So glad you got that miracle.  Laughing

Kim