Options
2»

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    jen2012 said:

Winter, I printed your

Winter, I printed your message on the other thread about how you decided to not sit and wait to die, you kept living.  I also printed your entire history from your profile page.  He's not a reader, but he read through the entire thing and really appreciated your insight and all you have been through.  

Is there a like button on here?

I should have printed Winter's post out as well. Winter, or anyone, can you remember in what thread it is to be found? 

Sue - Trubrit

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Is there a like button on here?

I should have printed Winter's post out as well. Winter, or anyone, can you remember in what thread it is to be found? 

Sue - Trubrit

Yup in the "hello" post from

Yup in the "hello" post from jalusa ...going to try to copy and paste here...

herdizziness's picture

Mar 22, 2015 - 9:19 am

You will find yourself going through some stages when first diagnosed and trying to figure out this life and death thing.  There is no figuring it out though, you just have to run the gambit.  First is disbelief, then you start thinking about the dying, so while you're thinking about that, do something constructive, make sure your wills are up to date, that letters have been written to loved ones and even write your own obituary.  I wrote mine, it really helped a lot with turning me around to think about living a bit more, didn't want it to end.

That was FIVE years ago for me, since then I've done a lot of living.  One day early on the diagnosis, my son said to me, "Mom, you're sitting here in the yard getting ready to die, get up and do something, go to college, find more exciting things to do, get up and live".  So I went to a two year college, during chemo's, surgeries even a heart attack and having a stent put in and graduated with a 3.8 GPA in Political Science in the two years.  I bought a kayak and go kayaking, picked myself up a little 650 motorcycle again and started biking, take my Grandkids camping, in other words, I got off my arse and started living.  I don't know how long I have, heck they had me call in family last August to say their goodbyes, and here I am in March getting ready to turn another year older, working full time this month at my daughter's candle, body, bath works shop at the mall, taking my grandchildren around places, shooting my new gun and just plain enjoying myself, and still getting chemo every two weeks.

You can do this, just have to start having the will to live and stop thinking about that dying crap.

Wishing you the best,

Winter Matir

• Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    jen2012 said:

Have they done a colonoscopy

Have they done a colonoscopy or a brain MRI?  It's so concerning and frustrating when they can't figure it out.

Thank you for asking. My

Thank you for asking. My husband had not been feeling very well after the very bad infection, plus he's having a tube coming out of his kidney, so I didn't push him too hard. We contacted with doctor's office last week, finally we got a call yesterday, the doctor says he will do a colonoscopy and schedule it as soon as possible. The other doctor who did reconstruction of my husband's urinary system also suspected there might be cancer growing on the suture line of ureter and small intestine (the ureter was very closed to the original tumor before surgery, although the pathology of everything was clear, you never know) that's probably why he got the bad kidney infection. But right now, it's just too hard to tell. Today's technique is not perfect, when the tumor is too small, the scan can't pick up.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    jen2012 said:

Yup in the "hello" post from

Yup in the "hello" post from jalusa ...going to try to copy and paste here...

herdizziness's picture

Mar 22, 2015 - 9:19 am

You will find yourself going through some stages when first diagnosed and trying to figure out this life and death thing.  There is no figuring it out though, you just have to run the gambit.  First is disbelief, then you start thinking about the dying, so while you're thinking about that, do something constructive, make sure your wills are up to date, that letters have been written to loved ones and even write your own obituary.  I wrote mine, it really helped a lot with turning me around to think about living a bit more, didn't want it to end.

That was FIVE years ago for me, since then I've done a lot of living.  One day early on the diagnosis, my son said to me, "Mom, you're sitting here in the yard getting ready to die, get up and do something, go to college, find more exciting things to do, get up and live".  So I went to a two year college, during chemo's, surgeries even a heart attack and having a stent put in and graduated with a 3.8 GPA in Political Science in the two years.  I bought a kayak and go kayaking, picked myself up a little 650 motorcycle again and started biking, take my Grandkids camping, in other words, I got off my arse and started living.  I don't know how long I have, heck they had me call in family last August to say their goodbyes, and here I am in March getting ready to turn another year older, working full time this month at my daughter's candle, body, bath works shop at the mall, taking my grandchildren around places, shooting my new gun and just plain enjoying myself, and still getting chemo every two weeks.

You can do this, just have to start having the will to live and stop thinking about that dying crap.

Wishing you the best,

Winter Matir

Thank you!

Apperciate you doing that, Winter. I will copy and save it. Wonderful words. You are a fantastic example for us all. 

Trubrit - Sue

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    jen2012 said:

Thank you all!  You guys know

Thank you all!  You guys know what to say, like no one else does.  

Hoping the folfiri isn't too hard for him to handle.  It's important for him to be able to work, do activities with the kids and his volunteer activities.  I know it will be hard on him if he gets really wiped out.  Hopefully the timing with spring will give him some extra energy.  Mostly hoping it knocks out/down the cancer and we can continue with life hoping for a cure or really good trials.

So we went out last night to a fancy restaurant in town that he's never been to.  I only recently went with friends.  We've lived in this town for 19 years and have never been there because it's kind of pricey.  He is very concerned about money, but I convinced him he needed to try it.  We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  He even ordered dessert.    I think we both needed it...we didn't even talk cancer - or the kids the whole time we were there :)

Thank you all.  I appreciate you all so much.

So glad

I'm so happy you both went to the restaurant and had a good time, sometimes you just have to try something new and it adds to your life a bit (you get to converse about what a good time you had) and makes great memories.  Enjoying life, it's the best, so glad you went.

Winter Marie

• herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    jen2012 said:

Winter, I printed your

Winter, I printed your message on the other thread about how you decided to not sit and wait to die, you kept living.  I also printed your entire history from your profile page.  He's not a reader, but he read through the entire thing and really appreciated your insight and all you have been through.  

Thank you

You are so kind Jen, I hope it helped.  I tried to update my profile page on fourth anniversary and fifth anniversary of cancer but it won't allow me.  CSN is trying to see if they can let us add more to profile, but I haven't heard back since they said they would try.  Kind of nice to live long enough that you run out of room to write on your profile page, may we all have that problem for sometime to come!

Winter Marie