HAVEN'T SEEN MUCH ACTIVITY LATELY!!!! HOPE ALL MY SISTERS ARE COPING WELL!!

Options

I was lurking and found it strange that no one has posted in the last few days.  Hope all of my sisters are coping well.

Comments

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Me too!

There was so much activity last week and now so little. I thought maybe something was wrong with the board! Well, I guess in this case, no news is good news and everyone is, hopefully, doing well.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Sandy3185 said:

Me too!

There was so much activity last week and now so little. I thought maybe something was wrong with the board! Well, I guess in this case, no news is good news and everyone is, hopefully, doing well.

That brought us out of the woodwork

I don't recall 3 days without a post since I joined

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Hey, nempark.  I check in to

Hey, nempark.  I check in to see what is going on myself but, for several reasons, don't feel the need to post much anymore.  Like you, hope everyone is well.

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Still here

Had my ninth Avastin treatment on Monday and work has been nuts!  Happy to be able to manage both.  Cheers ladies!

• nempark
    nempark Member Posts: 681
    Options
    AWK said:

Still here

Had my ninth Avastin treatment on Monday and work has been nuts!  Happy to be able to manage both.  Cheers ladies!

Wow! doing great

So glad you are doing so well.

• nempark
    Options
    ConnieSW said:

That brought us out of the woodwork

I don't recall 3 days without a post since I joined

Connie where are you?

Connie does the SW mean you are in SW Florida.  I am in SW Florida.

• nempark
    Options

Hey, nempark.  I check in to

Hey, nempark.  I check in to see what is going on myself but, for several reasons, don't feel the need to post much anymore.  Like you, hope everyone is well.

I know what you mean

It's okay, you be well.

• nempark
    Options
    Sandy3185 said:

Me too!

Knew I would get you guys going!

Continue being well Sandy.

• ConnieSW
    Options
    nempark said:

Connie where are you?

Connie does the SW mean you are in SW Florida.  I am in SW Florida.

It does not

LOL.  I'm in the very most NE tip of New York State, 20 miles from the Canadian border.  The picture is of my grandson and me about to ride a bobsled in Lake Placid.  It got to 20 here today and, with the sun shining, it felt downright balmy.  It could be worse.  My daughter lives in Boston.

• cleo
    cleo Member Posts: 144
    Options
    I read pretty much every day

I read pretty much every day but can't contribute a lot these days...other than a positive say.... Grade 4 MMT  8th year NED.  Keep going girls.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this Nempark.

Glad you posted this Nempark.   I thought the same as Sandy, that the boards may have been down.   Its just so darn cold!   

Waiting for spring!!!!

• ConnieSW
    Options
    cleo said:

I read pretty much every day

I read pretty much every day but can't contribute a lot these days...other than a positive say.... Grade 4 MMT  8th year NED.  Keep going girls.

Well!

I could happily read THAT everyday and never get bored, Cleo

• nempark
    Options
    Cleo

Hi cleo, we used to talk a lot.  8 years for MMMT wow!!!! God Bless, continue doing well. I am 5 years MMMT.

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    On 3 1/2 years NED from

On 3 1/2 years NED from MMMT.  I am doing ok.  Do not post much anymore but read when I can to catch up with everyone.  Glad most are doing good and continuing to fight like a girl when necessary.  I am on 6 month appts now with my gynonc dr.  I go in March for check up.  Work about 50 hours a week.  Unlike most that live in the North I am in Texas where we have had a semi mild winter so far.   Spring is only 29 more days away or so the weatherman said this morning on the news. Taking care of my 6 yr old grandson William, most afternoons and nights.  My daughter goes and works out to get herself healthier and is going back to collage soon, Daddy works nights so I get to babysit.s

Keep warm and safe for the rest of the winter and take care of yourselves.  trish

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options

On 3 1/2 years NED from

On 3 1/2 years NED from MMMT.  I am doing ok.  Do not post much anymore but read when I can to catch up with everyone.  Glad most are doing good and continuing to fight like a girl when necessary.  I am on 6 month appts now with my gynonc dr.  I go in March for check up.  Work about 50 hours a week.  Unlike most that live in the North I am in Texas where we have had a semi mild winter so far.   Spring is only 29 more days away or so the weatherman said this morning on the news. Taking care of my 6 yr old grandson William, most afternoons and nights.  My daughter goes and works out to get herself healthier and is going back to collage soon, Daddy works nights so I get to babysit.s

Keep warm and safe for the rest of the winter and take care of yourselves.  trish

nempark, thanks for asking

I haven't checked in during the last 10 days as I went on a southern Caribbean cruise to Bonaire , curaçao, Aruba and Haiti. Whenever I leave town and go on a trip, I feel as though I've left cancer behind and that is a GREAT feeling. See my two oncologists this week for my 3 month checkup and that makes me a bit uneasy. Wishing you all peace and good health.

Cathy

• It happened to Me
    It happened to Me Member Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this. Thinking the same thing.

I've been a little preoccupied with life and would check and nothing.  Thought that was strange but didn't post anything, so Nempark, I'm glad you did.

Just wanted to tell you that I am officially 1 year post treatment and I am NED.    UPSC dx June, 2013, hysterectomy (took everything) July, 2013 Stage IIIa, Grade 3, began Carbo/taxel in Aug. 2013 and finished Jan. 2014.    Am feeling good for the most part but fatigue gets me if I don't plan out my day and my week.

I appreciate all the "post"er's on this board.  You are a great group of ladies.   I've learned so much from you. 

Keep fighting onward.  

Jeanette

• ConnieSW
    Options

Glad you posted this. Thinking the same thing.

I've been a little preoccupied with life and would check and nothing.  Thought that was strange but didn't post anything, so Nempark, I'm glad you did.

Just wanted to tell you that I am officially 1 year post treatment and I am NED.    UPSC dx June, 2013, hysterectomy (took everything) July, 2013 Stage IIIa, Grade 3, began Carbo/taxel in Aug. 2013 and finished Jan. 2014.    Am feeling good for the most part but fatigue gets me if I don't plan out my day and my week.

I appreciate all the "post"er's on this board.  You are a great group of ladies.   I've learned so much from you. 

Keep fighting onward.  

Jeanette

Happy anniversary

The things we celebrate!  Who'd a thought.  Anyway I wish you many, many more, Jeanette.

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    ConnieSW said:

Happy anniversary

The things we celebrate!  Who'd a thought.  Anyway I wish you many, many more, Jeanette.

I'm with Connie, that's reason enough to celebrate, Jeanette !

I so very much understand the significance of reaching a one-year anniversary from this terrible disease . Congratulations , my friend , Jeanette !! I wish you and I could "go out on the town" and celebrate! I am in your corner rooting for you and pray that good health is all that ever afflicts you. And that is true for all the beautiful women who share their stories with us. In the short time that I've been so intimately related to cancer, I have been the winner in that you have all so inspired me.  Thank you , thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I have no idea how I would've made it this far without the gentle kindness you incredible women have shown me.

Warmly,

Cathy