Here's hope for everyone!

Options
MKW213
MKW213 Member Posts: 29

Was diagnosed with advanced stage 3b AC in March, went through chemo and radiation ending mid-May. My doc was not optimistic as tumor was so large and had extended into vagina and a couple of lymph nodes. Doc did an exam a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe I was the same patient--he could feel nothing, rectally or vaginally.  Had a follow up biopsy on Thursday, but doc ended up not doing any biopsies because everything looked so NORMAL!!!! I will need intense follow up which is fine with me. Just want anyone who is diagnosed with this cancer, even as advanced as I was, that there is hope. Lots of it.

Comments

• jcruz
    jcruz Member Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    congratulations!

So happy for you.  My case was very similar to yours and I just passed my two year mark.  Hoping for continued health for you

Janet

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    MKW213

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news, it really does help everyone to see that this tx works.  I wish you continued great news! Lori  Laughing

• islandgirlculebra
    islandgirlculebra Member Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!

Mine was very similar also; with vaginal, sigmoid colon and lymph node involvement....... Diagnosed in February 2012. Same here, most Drs. were not all that optimistic (except for my Oncologist - bless her for being positive!) Thanks for posting.  So good to see another advanced Stage IIIB'r who is doing well! Hope you are feeling well and I wish you continued good health always!

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    MKW213

I am so happy to hear your good news!  Congratulations!  I'm so glad you did not have to have the biopsy.  It sounds like you have every reason to celebrate and I hope you will!  Take care!

Martha

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!

.^_^.

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    That is...

...awesome news. Keep it up.

Laz

• pializ
    pializ Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    lp1964 said:

That is...

...awesome news. Keep it up.

Laz

Fantastic news

Thrilled for you! Thanks for sharing your news

Liz

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    MKW213.....

Congrats on the good report, and thank you for your encouraging post!  I think its so important to do what we can to share good news as well as the misery of all this. I too was dx with stage 3b with lymph node involvement and this winter that will be 4yrs ago! Doing just great now!

Enjoy your holidays with so much to be thankful for!

katheryn

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Options
    eihtak said:

MKW213.....

Congrats on the good report, and thank you for your encouraging post!  I think its so important to do what we can to share good news as well as the misery of all this. I too was dx with stage 3b with lymph node involvement and this winter that will be 4yrs ago! Doing just great now!

Enjoy your holidays with so much to be thankful for!

katheryn

Me, too!

Although I was intially told by both the oncologist and radiation oncologist that I was stage II when they were seeking my consent for treatment, the rad-onc admitted to me recently what I'd thought for some time, that I was stage III-A for sure (T-2/3, N-1, M-0) and possibly III-B (T-2/3, N-3, M-0: bilateral inguinal nodes that the PET scan found mildly suspicious were not biopsied). I was treated with radiation for the stage III-B version.

Nevertheless, inspite of the error or subterfuge in staging, the outcome is that on October 30th, both the doctors said that I am clear of cancer. If I can trust them! .^_^.

Hooray for us!

• 0626june
    0626june Member Posts: 73
    Options
    thank you for posting this

I, too was diagnosed with stage 3B. I had chemo and radiation and will have my 2nd follow-up on Dec. 2nd.  Your post gives me hope.  Congratulations on your great outcome!

June

• Clovergirl
    Clovergirl Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Stage IV

I was stage IV with the cancer in all the same places you had.  I just had a follow up last week and all is still good.  I was scanned and had blood work.  Still NED.  The treatment is very difficult but works.  That was the two year mark for me.  Congrats!

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Options

Stage IV

I was stage IV with the cancer in all the same places you had.  I just had a follow up last week and all is still good.  I was scanned and had blood work.  Still NED.  The treatment is very difficult but works.  That was the two year mark for me.  Congrats!

Hip, hip....

HOORAY!!! Clovergirl, good job! I'm glad things are perking along for you.