I'M BACK!

mopar
mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member

Well, surgery for the breast cancer went well.  The mass and 2 lymph nodes were removed.  Pathology should be back by next week.  Minimal discomfort - just some stiffness in the area.  The real 'pain' was the reaction to the anesthetic and all the meds.  I did not handle it well, so they decided to keep me overnight, for which I was grateful.  Came home yesterday, and still trying to get out of this fog.

Just wanted to post this update, and check in on everyone.  (((HUGS))) to you all.  Catch up to you later!

Monika

Comments

• Alexandra
    Alexandra Member Posts: 1,308
    Welcome back Monika!

Doesn't it feel good to know that the nasty little lump has left the building forever? Rest up and feel better soon. What did you decide about radiation?

Gentle hugs and kisses,

Alexandra

• scatsm
    scatsm Member Posts: 296 Member
    Glad it went well

Mine was easier too, relative to total abdominal hysterectomy...,the fog will pass...now let's all hope for good path results...keep us in the loop!

All the best,

Susan

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    scatsm said:

Glad it went well

Mine was easier too, relative to total abdominal hysterectomy...,the fog will pass...now let's all hope for good path results...keep us in the loop!

All the best,

Susan

Hi Monika

So glad to hear that you're back home and that the surgery went well.  Will be hoping and praying for good pathology results! 

Hugs,

Kelly

• kikz
    kikz Member Posts: 1,345 Member
    Great news

Glad all went well and you are feeling good.

Karen

• kimberly sue 63
    kimberly sue 63 Member Posts: 421 Member
    Hang in there

The fog is ok... It gives you a chance to rest... Hang in there and take one day at a time! kim

• Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Monika

So glad it went well, drink lots of water to flush the meds out our your system.

Crossing my fingers the pathology is good.

Colleen

• poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member

Monika

So glad it went well, drink lots of water to flush the meds out our your system.

Crossing my fingers the pathology is good.

Colleen

rest up...hope you have a speedy uneventful recovery....Val