I'm shaking, and numb

Options
missrenee
missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
After getting that great PET scan report a couple of weeks ago, and the new grandson, I've been on cloud nine. Last week I had a 6-month breast MRI. I didn't even post about it here--I felt confident that it would be okay.

Surgeon's office just called--a mass is seen on the inner lower quadrant of the same breast. My original tumor was outer lower quadrant. I'm awaiting a call back from them regarding scheduling either an U/S biopsy or MRI biopsy. My hands are shaking so bad, I'm having trouble typing this.

I need my girls.

Hugs, Renee

Comments

• salls41
    salls41 Member Posts: 340
    Options
    So Sorry
    I am so sorry you received this news! Please know I am sending prayers up and positive thoughts your way!!
    {{{Hugs}}}
    Sandy
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Easy easy
    One day at a time. You can do this, whatever they say. All the best
    Aso, sometimes rehearsing the worst case scenario in your mind helps and from what you said, that will be totally doable
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Is that possible?
    To get a all clear pet scan result and in a couple weeks get bad news? maybe it's something else altogether, at least im praying for you it is. please someone help me understand this and missrenee you just hold on your hands and feet are going to start to do the happy dance again,I'm with you with this im not believing anything but some fat or scar tissue OK you with me on this? Hugs to you ~~MollyZ~~
  • Monicalynn
    Monicalynn Member Posts: 61
    Options
    sending thoughts and prayers
    sending thoughts and prayers your way
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    tufi000 said:

Easy easy
    One day at a time. You can do this, whatever they say. All the best
    Aso, sometimes rehearsing the worst case scenario in your mind helps and from what you said, that will be totally doable

I'm so sorry!
    Oh Renee,
    I'm so sorry for this news. I agree - one minute at a time, one day at a time. We're here for you 110% - you are surrounded with Pink Love!

Hugs and Prayers, Debi
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    mollyz said:

Is that possible?
    To get a all clear pet scan result and in a couple weeks get bad news? maybe it's something else altogether, at least im praying for you it is. please someone help me understand this and missrenee you just hold on your hands and feet are going to start to do the happy dance again,I'm with you with this im not believing anything but some fat or scar tissue OK you with me on this? Hugs to you ~~MollyZ~~

I had to tell you this also!!
    I had a mri the beginning of may and didn't get the results until the end of may and they had saw something on my mastectomy side,well i had my pet scan the first of June and im cancer free so the radiologist called me back in and did an ultra sound of the mastectomy and said he thought it was bone and im suppose to get a ct scan and a follow up in six months to compare he said,but they told me not to worry it wasn't cancer and im fine with that but im still waiting to get the ct scan. ~~MollyZ~~
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Easier said than done, but try and keep calm. They don't know for sure what the mass might be. Hang in there, keep busy with things you love to do. Saying a prayer for you and yours.
    Hugs,
    Ines
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

sending thoughts and prayers
    sending thoughts and prayers your way

Yikes!
    Renee......this stinks! But try to hold tight until you know something concrete...easier said than done, I know...since your scan didn't pick this up, perhaps it IS scar tissue...that's what I'm praying it is...along with the rest of your"sisters"...

Keep us posted as you know how VERY much we care....if you have any anti anxiety meds, take 'em!!!

Hugs and prayers,
    Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Easier said than done, but try and keep calm. They don't know for sure what the mass might be. Hang in there, keep busy with things you love to do. Saying a prayer for you and yours.
    Hugs,
    Ines

Dear Precious Renee ---
    I have no words of wisdom for you, just prayers. This is NOT fair -- hoping
    for scar tissue, and nothing more.

May our Lord send you a Guardian Angel and keep you sane, and calm.

Positive thoughts, and Prayers dear Sister.

Vicki Sam
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Sweet Renee...
    Hi sweet sister -- I came and stop to check up on my ladies (and men) and came across your post first. Let me start by saying, I hate the waiting and the anxiety and I'm very sorry you are going through it now. UGH! This isn't easy, because every call or symptom brings back fear. But guess what? We're right there with you. We understand how scared you must feel but please try to take a deep breath. Wait until test is done and results are back - and I do hope this goes very quickly for you. And that your results are good, and this is JUST a scare.

I pray your anxiety goes away and you believe you'll be OK. I also pray that your results come back fast and everything turns our FINE (en el nombre de Jesus, AMEN).

Please keep us posted...XO
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Options
    Praying for you Renee!
    I hope you don't have to wait too long for an appointment and the results. Now steady those hands because we're trying to hold on to them and you keep shaking us loose.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

Praying for you Renee!
    I hope you don't have to wait too long for an appointment and the results. Now steady those hands because we're trying to hold on to them and you keep shaking us loose.

HUGS!!!
    Jamie

Your girls are here!
    Remember, one of the reasons they don't routinely do breast MRIs is because they're so sensitive and they get too many false positives. I can feel your shaking way out here in CA. I thought it was an earthquake. I will send lots of prayers your way that this turns out to be anything but cancer. Afterall, that PET scan was good.

Suzanne
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Oh Renee, I wish I could
    Oh Renee, I wish I could jump through cyber space and give you a big hug. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am going to pray that this is just weird scar tissue--especially after a good PET report. Big (((hugs)))
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    MRI can give false positives
    MRI can give false positives here's praying thats all it is is scare tissue.My thoughts and prayers are with you,keep us posted please and try to keep your mind on that new Grandson.
    Hugs Frankie
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-/
    Take a step back it could be just fine and if it is not we most certainly will be with you each step of the way! I think we all have lumps and bumps since we have been manipulated so much it is best to air on the side of caution. Gentle hugs to you!

RE
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-/
    Take a step back it could be just fine and if it is not we most certainly will be with you each step of the way! I think we all have lumps and bumps since we have been manipulated so much it is best to air on the side of caution. Gentle hugs to you!

RE

Still waiting for the results...
    Sending positive vibes and prayers your way!!! I know it's hard to wait and wonder about next steps... But, there's Always prayers and Gods grace. God will see you through this uncertainty too. Keep the Faith... We're All here for you!!! God Bless You!!!

{{{Hugs}}}
    Mitzi
  • ksf56
    ksf56 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Dear Renee
    Feel all the arms and prayers surrounding you - you are being held up! Waiting and anxiety are the tortures of our lives. Please know we all are here for you and hoping for the best results!

Hugs!
    Karen
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    so sorry to hear....I am
    so sorry to hear....I am sure great on cloud nine with new baby-when going through all your tests etc...just think of him...to ease it..a bit..

I pick one thing to think about...to semi calm me down..can't hurt to try..

i'll check back for update

Denise
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Sorry you have to wait on something else. There are a few positives, first that what they are seeing is in the same breast, not nodes or bone. Secondly, the pet was clear, and third it is the beginning of the week, so you shouldn't have to wait over a weekend to get some answers!

That being said, my heart goes out to you that you have to go through this at all, so I will just pray for the best whatever that may be.

Please let us know when you are scheduled so we can all be with you during the procedure! No matter how we look at it, this disease sucks!

Hugs and love,
    Carol
  • Lynne Logan
    Lynne Logan Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Keep the faith
    Hi Renee,
    I'm using you for an example both to my family, friends and yes, myself whenever the Stage IV diagnosis starts causing anxiety. You are my inspiration that this "problem" can be overcome. I think you've handled the worst part of cancer and that's the bone mets. Whatever comes now will be okay. A mass could be anything of course.
    Just know we're all here for you and praying for the very best.

Big huge cyber hugs to you.
    Lynne