How's our Chen?

Double Whammy
Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
Chen-
I see you post very rarely any more. How are you doing? Please let us know. I'm thinking of you and hope treatments are going well.

Hugs,
Suzanne

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    I agree with Suzanne....
    Anyone heard from our much beloved Chen? I've been thinking about her too....I pray she's doing well and would love to hear from her....I worry when one of our precious sisters stops posting.....I do know she has said in the past that she has trouble sometimes trying to get to this site...

So if anyone has heard from her, please let us know...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MAJW said:

I agree with Suzanne....
    Anyone heard from our much beloved Chen? I've been thinking about her too....I pray she's doing well and would love to hear from her....I worry when one of our precious sisters stops posting.....I do know she has said in the past that she has trouble sometimes trying to get to this site...

So if anyone has heard from her, please let us know...
    Hugs, Nancy

Olga -- New Flower keeps in contact with
    here -- from what I can remember. Maybe Olga will provide us with an update.

Chen is active on Face book.

Prayers and positive thoughts for you dear Hummingbird.

Vicki Sam
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    VickiSam said:

Olga -- New Flower keeps in contact with
    here -- from what I can remember. Maybe Olga will provide us with an update.

Chen is active on Face book.

Prayers and positive thoughts for you dear Hummingbird.

Vicki Sam

Hi all,
    Knowing how much trouble our dear Chen has in logging into this site I hope she does't mind that I share this latest bit of news with you all from following her on facebook. Here is most recent post over there, as of lately though she hasn't post much there either. She and Reggie have their hands full:

Been having some disturbing health "issues"...moderate to severe abdominal pain for over 3 weeks. Seem to be living on vicodin, which takes the edge off, but of course isn't curing whatever it is. I had abdominal scans done, and will find out the results tomorrow when I go in for yikes! cycle 10 of this chemo trial. ( good vibes, crosssed fingers, prayers would be much appreciated!) and I have an apointment with my GI doc on Wednesday. I spent some hours in the chemo room today~ needed to be hydrated. Always something on this journey!

And an updated post:

Well...of course the abdominal issue is The Beast. I do not capitalize these words out of respect. Just as an indicator of how large a role can play in our lives. Seems I have a malignant lymphnode in the area of my aorta ( of course! Where else would ChenHeart have such a thing???) which is firing all of my nerve endings and causing me unabated pain. I am no longer on the clinical trial, but will be starting Abraxane as soon as they schedule me a pet scan ( probably Thursday) It is my decision to have it weekely or every three weeks. Though the SEs are worse with the every 3 week schedule, it overwhelms me to think of having to be there every week. We are considering everything and will hopefully come to the best decision for our entire family. I see my gastro Doc tomorrow afternoon. Thank you all sooooo much for your ever present, never wavering love and support, you give me strength when I need it the most. I hope I give you even a modicum of what you give me. ♥ ♥ ♥

I will let her know on facebook that you all are asking about her.
    Love to all,
    Lorrie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Hi all,
    Knowing how much trouble our dear Chen has in logging into this site I hope she does't mind that I share this latest bit of news with you all from following her on facebook. Here is most recent post over there, as of lately though she hasn't post much there either. She and Reggie have their hands full:

Been having some disturbing health "issues"...moderate to severe abdominal pain for over 3 weeks. Seem to be living on vicodin, which takes the edge off, but of course isn't curing whatever it is. I had abdominal scans done, and will find out the results tomorrow when I go in for yikes! cycle 10 of this chemo trial. ( good vibes, crosssed fingers, prayers would be much appreciated!) and I have an apointment with my GI doc on Wednesday. I spent some hours in the chemo room today~ needed to be hydrated. Always something on this journey!

And an updated post:

Well...of course the abdominal issue is The Beast. I do not capitalize these words out of respect. Just as an indicator of how large a role can play in our lives. Seems I have a malignant lymphnode in the area of my aorta ( of course! Where else would ChenHeart have such a thing???) which is firing all of my nerve endings and causing me unabated pain. I am no longer on the clinical trial, but will be starting Abraxane as soon as they schedule me a pet scan ( probably Thursday) It is my decision to have it weekely or every three weeks. Though the SEs are worse with the every 3 week schedule, it overwhelms me to think of having to be there every week. We are considering everything and will hopefully come to the best decision for our entire family. I see my gastro Doc tomorrow afternoon. Thank you all sooooo much for your ever present, never wavering love and support, you give me strength when I need it the most. I hope I give you even a modicum of what you give me. ♥ ♥ ♥

I will let her know on facebook that you all are asking about her.
    Love to all,
    Lorrie

choking back my tears -- as my heart aches
    for our beloved Kindred Spirit - ChenHEART.

Thank you - Miss Lorrie.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    My heart is heavy to hear
    My heart is heavy to hear Claudia is having such a difficult time. I am at a loss for words. God help Claudia, Reggie, and her family through this trying period.

I pray this new chemo provide relief and that she not be in pain. I hope her doctors do something to relieve her of any pain.

Thank you for letting us know, Lorraine. Please let her know that her CSN Pinks love her dearly and that we lift her and her family up in prayer.
    Hugs,
    Ines
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Pictures of ChenHeart posted
    For those who are interested, Olga( New Flower)has a picture of ChenHeart on her expressions page looking radiant! A group of us meet with her in Santa Barbara earlier this year. Olga took pictures, than you Olga for having the foresight to bring your camera, and posted them for all to enjoy.

I can tell you she looked fabulous with her short and sassy hairdo, Jackie O sunglasses, and beautiful long dress. Her Reggie made a guest appearance as well. She smiled, was happy, bright inside and out, and talked up a storm. Looking at her, you'd never know she was undergoing treatment. That is how good she looked.

God bless ChenHeart and her Family.
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member

Pictures of ChenHeart posted
    For those who are interested, Olga( New Flower)has a picture of ChenHeart on her expressions page looking radiant! A group of us meet with her in Santa Barbara earlier this year. Olga took pictures, than you Olga for having the foresight to bring your camera, and posted them for all to enjoy.

I can tell you she looked fabulous with her short and sassy hairdo, Jackie O sunglasses, and beautiful long dress. Her Reggie made a guest appearance as well. She smiled, was happy, bright inside and out, and talked up a storm. Looking at her, you'd never know she was undergoing treatment. That is how good she looked.

God bless ChenHeart and her Family.

Lymph Node
    I saw the pictures, they are very nice and everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

I wish Claudia good luck on her PET scan (maybe the lymph node is inflammatory). It can happen, of course they also told me that and of course it wasn't. However, I wish for her it was true.

I wish Claudia good luck with Abraxane.

Best,

Doris
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Just in case...
    ... our beloved Chen should check in here... I'm simply adding words of my own continued and never-ending heartfelt HOPE, always with steadfast love & affection.

For all she has given of herself - immeasurable support & encouragement, from her heart & soul - to countless Kindred Spirits here, over so very many years... Now is the time, like never before, for all of us to rally on Claudia's behalf. Forming a circle of protection, via cyberspace. Sending prayers, good thoughts, positive vibes, meditations for wellness, magic wishes - doesn't matter, whatever's comfortable & meaningful for you, please do it. Please, do it now. Everything is welcomed, appreciated, and acceptable.

Kind regards, Susan

(With love for my TPIAP friend, 12/25)
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

Just in case...
    ... our beloved Chen should check in here... I'm simply adding words of my own continued and never-ending heartfelt HOPE, always with steadfast love & affection.

For all she has given of herself - immeasurable support & encouragement, from her heart & soul - to countless Kindred Spirits here, over so very many years... Now is the time, like never before, for all of us to rally on Claudia's behalf. Forming a circle of protection, via cyberspace. Sending prayers, good thoughts, positive vibes, meditations for wellness, magic wishes - doesn't matter, whatever's comfortable & meaningful for you, please do it. Please, do it now. Everything is welcomed, appreciated, and acceptable.

Kind regards, Susan

(With love for my TPIAP friend, 12/25)

Oh, no
    This is horrible news. I was hoping she was out and about living a large full life.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Claudia.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    For those of you with Facebook
    The group Cancers Survivors Network is an open group. Claudia sometimes posts there and occasionally there are updates about her from others.

This latest news has rocked our little family here. Claudia is posting some off-topic things and has responded to the swarm of caring and love going out to her.

Keep it coming pink ladies!!!!!!

Sherry
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    More
    well wishes and energy for our Claudia. I hope things get better for her and her family.

Maureen
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

More
    well wishes and energy for our Claudia. I hope things get better for her and her family.

Maureen

My heart is sad
    Oh I hate hearing this news about Chenheart. I've been thinking about her a lot lately and now I know why. I understand how she must be feeling as the beast has spread to my aortic arch and pleural space of my lungs too. I'm just so sad and I hate this disease. My prayers and positive thoughts are with her & her family.

Hugs & God Bless,

Dawne
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Chen
    Thinking of you. Thinking of you improving. And improving.

Hugs,
    marcia
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I am so sad to
    read the post about Chen. I will surely keep her and her family in my thoughts. I will also send her lots of positive energy to try to help ease the pain.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    Chen is the first person I
    Chen is the first person I meant here and she was so calming to me. I was so scared. I am so sorry to hear any bad news about any of us but she has a special place in my heart. My prayers are with her and her family.

Diana
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Our chenheart
    She has a special place in my heart as well. I got so much
    pleasure from reading her posts. She has this eloquent way
    of expressing herself, with just the right dosage of humor
    and care. I certainly miss her posts. I love her welcome to
    hogwarts piece and recommend that all newbies should do a
    search and read it. It put everything into perspective for me.
    And I am very,very grateful to her. I a time of chaos and
    total loss of control, it was just what I needed.
    Dear Chen, I hope you realize what an impact you make on
    this board.

Sending you my love and positive energy.

Ayse