I don't know what to do..

Options

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Faith & Hope
    My heart weeps for you and your family. I am sorry to hear the news but I will pray that rads eradicate the met spots. You are such a treasure, Kat. Your parents and siblings must be so Proud of you. We are certainly blessed and honored to know you here on CSN. Keep that fighting spirit you have inside of you Strong. We are here for you and stand firmly by your side at this time.

Hugs and much love to you and yours.
    Ines
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Not going to Harvard
    Often I do not post when I think that everyone before me has already said it all and so eloquently. Normally this would be one of those times but I could not let your news pass without acknowledgment. Your uplifting cheer and spirit brings hope to me and a smile to my face when I read your posts. I can only trust that you have many more good days and wonderful memories.

IRENE
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Not going to Harvard
    Often I do not post when I think that everyone before me has already said it all and so eloquently. Normally this would be one of those times but I could not let your news pass without acknowledgment. Your uplifting cheer and spirit brings hope to me and a smile to my face when I read your posts. I can only trust that you have many more good days and wonderful memories.

IRENE

I think that your plan to
    I think that your plan to spend time with friends and family is good. My prayers are with you and your family. You inspire all of us in our fight.
    Stef
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Options
    My heart is heavy with
    My heart is heavy with sadness but you are a strong girl,never give up hope.Live,Laugh and Love.
    Hugs Frankie
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Dearest Kat
    I have read and re-read this and there really isn't anything to say except prayers and heartfelt sorrow for what you and your family are going through. My heart is breaking for you and all that you feel you will never see or get to be. You have done amazing things already and you are not even 21! I am glad you are not giving up and plan on enjoying every bit of time you have left with those who love you.

I was given 3 - 6 months, 19 months ago, so only God knows our timeline and plan for each of us. I can understand not doing a chemo that they feel will not give you time or quality of life. Do the radiation, shrink the little bas**rds, then go on and enjoy your life to the fullest.
    Love the pictures and the tat!

I will continue to pray for you and will never give up on a miracle.

Love and hugs,
    Carol
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Dearest Kat
    I have read and re-read this and there really isn't anything to say except prayers and heartfelt sorrow for what you and your family are going through. My heart is breaking for you and all that you feel you will never see or get to be. You have done amazing things already and you are not even 21! I am glad you are not giving up and plan on enjoying every bit of time you have left with those who love you.

I was given 3 - 6 months, 19 months ago, so only God knows our timeline and plan for each of us. I can understand not doing a chemo that they feel will not give you time or quality of life. Do the radiation, shrink the little bas**rds, then go on and enjoy your life to the fullest.

Love and hugs,
    Carol

Oh Kat
    I ditto what everyone else has said. I don't even know what else I could add.

Thank you so much for sharing your pics - I love your tattoo...If I ever get the courage to get another one - I'd like to copy yours - if that's ok.

You have helped all of us on here with your spirit and determination. You continue to be an inspiration to us. I'm so glad you aren't giving up! Enjoy every second and do things that make your heart happy.

I will continue to pray for a miracle.

Extra hugs and prayers, Debi
  • GMcD
    GMcD Member Posts: 134
    Options
    debi.18 said:

Oh Kat
    I ditto what everyone else has said. I don't even know what else I could add.

Thank you so much for sharing your pics - I love your tattoo...If I ever get the courage to get another one - I'd like to copy yours - if that's ok.

You have helped all of us on here with your spirit and determination. You continue to be an inspiration to us. I'm so glad you aren't giving up! Enjoy every second and do things that make your heart happy.

I will continue to pray for a miracle.

Extra hugs and prayers, Debi

I believe in miracles and
    I believe in miracles and will be praying for a miracle for you at this time.
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    Options
    camul said:

Dearest Kat

Love and hugs,
    Carol

My heart breaks for
    My heart breaks for you....as I read this all I can think about is my girls and what your parents must be going through...My heart is so heavy right now that i can't help but shed tears ....i pray that this isn't so...I will pray that you will experience all that life will give...fight Kat fight with all your being....we are here for you always my pink friend

God bless
    Eva
  • sdukowitz
    sdukowitz Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Prayers are coming from all
    Prayers are coming from all over the world from this site...... miracles do happen and the radiation may do wonders .... try to stay positive but go ahead and cry too .... God listens ..... for now enjoy each day and do the things you want to do We will all be with you in this journey! SUE D
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    sdukowitz said:

Prayers are coming from all
    Prayers are coming from all over the world from this site...... miracles do happen and the radiation may do wonders .... try to stay positive but go ahead and cry too .... God listens ..... for now enjoy each day and do the things you want to do We will all be with you in this journey! SUE D

Dear, dear Kat
    I'm beyond sad to hear your news. Know that we will all be here, online, for you whenever you need to vent. Someone is always here. I will celebrate your 21st birthday from afar. When is it? You seem to know what to do - you are so much wiser than your chronological years. I will also send prayers for your family. It sounds like you are indeed blessed to have such a loving and supportive family.

Love,
    Suzanne
  • cctiz
    cctiz Member Posts: 47
    Options
    homeopatic and herbal supplements
    Hi Kat, you are my hero! you are brave and alive and that's all what you need to start the next phase of this lifetime battle, you mention you will try some homeopatic supplements, good choice! i'm on them have you heard of IP-6 and inositol, kinoco gold AHCC and flor essence? these products work on the cell system level and they are natural, the flor essence tea is an excelent detox, try also aloe vera juice, works wonders - go online and check the reviews of these products, it's worth a try, we are with you honey,I will keep you in my prayers since now on, all my love
    cecilia
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    Options
    cctiz said:

homeopatic and herbal supplements
    Hi Kat, you are my hero! you are brave and alive and that's all what you need to start the next phase of this lifetime battle, you mention you will try some homeopatic supplements, good choice! i'm on them have you heard of IP-6 and inositol, kinoco gold AHCC and flor essence? these products work on the cell system level and they are natural, the flor essence tea is an excelent detox, try also aloe vera juice, works wonders - go online and check the reviews of these products, it's worth a try, we are with you honey,I will keep you in my prayers since now on, all my love
    cecilia

Dearst Kat
    What crappy crappy news! There is nothing else to say about it! That being said, I
    too believe in miracles. I feel that my life is a miracle. We only get a day at a
    time, Kat, and it seems like you've made some very good decisions for yourself. This
    cancer isn't you and isn't yours. It's a disease invading your body against your will. It
    belongs to all that's dark and evil. Tell it to get the hell out! I do that with mine almost every day. Everything people have suggested has been good and I would only add that you enjoy each day as much as you can. Try not to carry a dark cloud around with you. Most importantly, stay in the day. Don't project into the future. Remember we all only have today.

Much love
    Pam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

I think that your plan to
    I think that your plan to spend time with friends and family is good. My prayers are with you and your family. You inspire all of us in our fight.
    Stef

Praying for a miracle
    Praying for a miracle Kat.

Hugs, Jan
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Kat, as a mother, I think
    Kat, as a mother, I think the only thing that might be worse than having cancer would be watching/helping your child deal with it. My prayers go out to your parents...you didn't say, how did they react to the tattoo?

I think you are doing the right things...grabbing hold of life and living it to the fullest. You have shown us over and over again how to do that. Your vibrant joy, courage, and fighting spirit have touched us all deeply.

Hugs,

Linda
  • Debbye48
    Debbye48 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    MAJW said:

Dear God....
    I am at a loss for words...nothing I can say will make this better....but I think you are doing the right thing by doing EXACTLY what YOU want to do...!!! ......Even healthy people should't put off things they want to do as all of us on this board know that life can change in the blink of an eye!

And, keep in mind there have been many people "labeled" terminal that are still here years after being told this...my sister in law is one of them....she had a very rare cancer in her breast, a sarcoma, a deadly form of cancer...it took them 3 months to identify it once it was removed...it was actually sent to Walter Reed who finally identified it as a sarcoma...the only thing they knew to do at the time was a mastectomy...no chemo no radiation...just patted her and said good luck......this was 23 YEARS ago...she was 39 and is now 62 !

Never give up hope, sweetie....as a mother I certainly can understand how difficult it is on your parents...I have a daughter...
    I, too, hate what my Stage IV cancer is doing to my husband, my two grown kids and grands....it sucks big time!

Get out there and do what you want to! And know how deeply we care about you....
    In my prayers
    Hugs, Nancy

Praying For You
    I will keep you and Your Family in my Prayers
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    ouch!!!!!
    And to someone so young. Will put you on the prayer list. I am so glad you are going to Europe with your parents. This will be one way to allow you to experience some things that many do not get the opportunity to do. Please live each moment to the fullest and yet expect a miracle.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

Kat, as a mother, I think
    Kat, as a mother, I think the only thing that might be worse than having cancer would be watching/helping your child deal with it. My prayers go out to your parents...you didn't say, how did they react to the tattoo?

I think you are doing the right things...grabbing hold of life and living it to the fullest. You have shown us over and over again how to do that. Your vibrant joy, courage, and fighting spirit have touched us all deeply.

Hugs,

Linda

KAT...
    I have read and reread your post....I wanted to add one more thing......has any of your doctors contacted the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland Ohio? And also Duke University in North Carolina? Both of these hospitals are research hospitals.....it's just a thought you might want to explore.....Duke is 45 minutes from me....if some how you were to go there, you and your parents would be most welcome to stay with us....I've got 3 empty bedrooms upstairs!

BIG HUGS, Nancy
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    grams2jc said:

There is nothing right or fair about this...
    and I can not express the depth of my outrage and sorrow. Miracles do happen, every day you hang on is one more that something new could be found that would work.

You are absolutly right to give up school and have some fun. Enjoy life!

My heart bleeds for you,

Jennifer

I'm so sad and so sorry Kat.
    I'm so sad and so sorry Kat. This isn't what I'd hoped and prayed you'd be writing.

You enjoy your life to the fullest!

Hugs, Debby
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

ouch!!!!!
    And to someone so young. Will put you on the prayer list. I am so glad you are going to Europe with your parents. This will be one way to allow you to experience some things that many do not get the opportunity to do. Please live each moment to the fullest and yet expect a miracle.

Kit Kat .. You are a walking, talking testament of
    a Young Warrior - SURVIVOR!

You nurture every person who has the pleasure of meeting you on the street, at school,
    via cyberspace or personal relationship. You mean the WORLD to all of us!

My heart and soul are sadden by your post -- MD Anderson sounds like the place
    to be -- miracles do happen, and I pray constantly that our Lord provides one
    for you.

Gentle hugs my brave and young WARRIOR.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Kit Kat .. You are a walking, talking testament of
    a Young Warrior - SURVIVOR!

You nurture every person who has the pleasure of meeting you on the street, at school,
    via cyberspace or personal relationship. You mean the WORLD to all of us!

My heart and soul are sadden by your post -- MD Anderson sounds like the place
    to be -- miracles do happen, and I pray constantly that our Lord provides one
    for you.

Gentle hugs my brave and young WARRIOR.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

Alternative medicine
    Just want to add that most of the major NCI cancer institutes have people who specialize in alternative medicine/complimentary medicine. I know UCSF has one and often use this along with traditional therapies. Here in California, we have lots of this! Before heading off to try this or that, a consult with a physician who deals with cancer and alternative treatments might be worth looking in to.

Suzanne