I've been MIA but never stop thinking about all of you.

Options
cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
I've tried to look at fb messages but sometimes life gets in the way. I have not been on the CSN site in quite awhile. My mom was dx with colon cancer last month. On March 15th she had surgery to remove a 6cm tumor! She was released from the hospital on March 20th! At 83 she is doing very well. She is now NED because all tissue and lymph nodes removed showed no evidence of disease! Whew!

I had my 3 month onc appt on 3/14 and since I have not heard otherwise, all is good! I see him again in 3 months.

It saddens me so to read about setbacks many have to deal with. We can only hope that our thoughts and prayers keep them going.

I received a letter from the cancer center where I had my surgery. It was a request to voluntarily join a group of breast cancer survivors. We will receive mailings every other week with a survey to fill out regarding our eating habits and exercise post treatment. The pyschology department at UCONN will compile all data for their research. I'm game! I struggle to lose the weight I gained while on steroids/chemo. I would love to see my Hershey friends in September with a new slimmer body :D

For now, I'll try to visit this site more frequently. Wishing everyone a better day.
{{hugs}} Char

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear from you, dear Char
    Thank goodness your mom got through the surgery and is doing well. Also, so glad to hear you're doing well. We've missed you here.

The group you've been asked to join sounds so interesting. I know what you mean about the weight struggle--uugggh!

Anyway, welcome back and stay connected from time to time if you can.

Love and hugs, Renee
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hi, Char!
    Nice to find you here! Glad both you & your Mom are doing well. :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Hi, Char!
    Nice to find you here! Glad both you & your Mom are doing well. :-)

Kind regards, Susan

Hi Char
    Sorry for your Mom's surgery and hope she will be doing well.
    Congratulations on another three months with NED.
    Hugs
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Oh, Char,
    I'm sorry to hear that your Mom had to have surgery, but such a good outcome! I'm sure it was rough on you and John. Not to wish away the next 6 months, but I am looking forward to Hershey.

Hugs,

Sue
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    sad to
    hear about your mom needing surgery. Glad she is doing well. However, it is also good that you do not have to concentrate on your own issues as much. Take good care of yourself too, because if you get tired you can always pray even when tired. Prayer is the help most ill people need.
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Hi Char,
    Sending a big hug to you and your Mom. Looking forward to hugging you in person in Hershey!

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Hi Char,
    Sending a big hug to you and your Mom. Looking forward to hugging you in person in Hershey!

xoxo,
    Jean

Hi Char!
    Good to hear from

Hi Char!
    Good to hear from you. I'm glad your Mom is doing well after all that. Sometimes we just get so busy but it always make me smile to see an old friend.
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Hi Char!
    Good to hear from

Hi Char!
    Good to hear from you. I'm glad your Mom is doing well after all that. Sometimes we just get so busy but it always make me smile to see an old friend.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Char!!
    We've missed YOU!! I am sorry to hear about your Mom and her health issues, happy to
    see that she is doing well.

Continued success on getting back with life, after your breast cancer journey.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam