insurance...can't hurt to try

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
OT topic a bit but Had dental surgery month ago-insurance would not cover sedation! I had my orthopedic Dr write letter stating I do not handle procedures well with out sedation. (he's done 4 surgeries on me since 2006)

shortened version..I got almost $500 back out of $1,000 so doing Happy Dance..

Denise

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Wow
    That's a first. The insurance company making an exception and covering something they normally don't. I work in mental health and the insurance companies have no mercy to give to those who have severe and persistent mental illness. I think it is inhumane to do this to those known to have a mental illness that is so debilitating they cannot even work. I guess I will thank God for your instance. Who says God doesn't work miracles?
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

Wow
    That's a first. The insurance company making an exception and covering something they normally don't. I work in mental health and the insurance companies have no mercy to give to those who have severe and persistent mental illness. I think it is inhumane to do this to those known to have a mental illness that is so debilitating they cannot even work. I guess I will thank God for your instance. Who says God doesn't work miracles?

The dentist office also sent
    The dentist office also sent it in to my Medical to see if they will reimburse %! NEVER hurts to try.

Denise