I'm trying not to freak out!

Options
ladyg
ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
I went in and had my mammo last Friday. I did not hear anything so I thought no news is good news. I had an appointment with my med. onc. today. I asked him if he had gotten any results yet. He said he would check while I was changing for my exam. When he came back he did the exam and said that he could not feel anything but that the mammo report said there was something there. He told me he would call the radiologist and that I should wait. He came back and said he wanted me to go and have an ultrasound but there was probably nothing to be concerned about. His nurse at the desk called and said that I could go right to the imaging center at the entrance of the building. When I got there I was asked to have a seat and they would be with me soon. After about 10 mintues they told me the radiologist was not there so I needed to come back tomorrow morning.
I am trying to stay positive but it is very hard right now.

Hugs,
Georgia

Comments

• mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Georgia,
    I won't tell you

Georgia,
    I won't tell you not to worry because I know that is impossible. Just keep in mind that 85% of the recalls are nothing. Then of those that require a biopsy, only 1 in 4 is cancer.
    Find what ever distractions you can for tonight and keep us posted tomorrow.

Cindy
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    mamolady said:

Georgia,
    I won't tell you

Georgia,
    I won't tell you not to worry because I know that is impossible. Just keep in mind that 85% of the recalls are nothing. Then of those that require a biopsy, only 1 in 4 is cancer.
    Find what ever distractions you can for tonight and keep us posted tomorrow.

Cindy

Well, that's scary
    Of course you're trying not to freak out. Easier said than done though.
    I bet Cindy knows what she's talking about so try to find comfort in her words -- it's her job, after all.

Let us know. We'll be worried.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Grrrr
    Well they certainly took their sweet time telling you there may be concern, had you not asked would it have gone unmentioned? Now that they know it sounds like they are being precautions and simply making sure you are in good health. There is no way to not worry so please do your best to keep positive! You are in my prayers!

Hugs,

RE
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Well, that's scary
    Of course you're trying not to freak out. Easier said than done though.
    I bet Cindy knows what she's talking about so try to find comfort in her words -- it's her job, after all.

Let us know. We'll be worried.

xoxo
    Victoria

I hope all is fine
    I hope all is fine.I had a scare like this last July. Very hard for me.

Things are done different for me.I go to a breast center for mammos.There is always a radiology doctor there.So if anything shows up on my mammo the doctor orders a ultrasound to be done then.Of course it's a worry but you are taken care of right away.Then the radiology docor tells you up front if it is a cyst, a tumor or nothing showed up. Your oncologist and surgeon are sent the results. Then a biopsy or surgery is done.A biopsy can be done within a few days.Surgery longer.I've alway made sure I go to breast centers or hospitals that do things this way.

Just this week I had my mammo and was able to get a final result before I left.It took quite a while for pics etc but they told me I was free to go home and won't see me for a year.YEAH.On the other hand my friend had her mammo the same day(she is a surviovr).I called her yesterday to see how things went.She won't know for 2 weeks.I told her the way I have things done and she is changing.She said she would like this way much better. The 2 week wait is nerve wracking.

Like you I was very worried months ago.I even had a delay when it came to the biopsy/treatment but when all was done I had a fibroid tumor. I still have it but doesnt need to come out now.

I'll be thinking of you. You have a much better chanceit being benign than malignant.This is my 3rd benign tumor since my dx of bc 2 1/2 years ago. At least they are benign but still mind boggling.

Lynn Smith
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Microcalcifications
    If they tell you there are microcalcifications keep in mind that this does not always mean cancer. It can also be scar tissue. I just went through that scenario.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Focus, foucs, focus
    Georgia,

it is so hard but possible, keep that mind of yours in check.

Fear is a very stressful state of mind, hope for anything but...
    it's not over till the fat radiologist sings. Keep your faith.

I will keep you in my thoughts and send you good vibes and
    lots and lotsa hope.

Hugging you,
    Ayse
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

Focus, foucs, focus
    Georgia,

it is so hard but possible, keep that mind of yours in check.

Fear is a very stressful state of mind, hope for anything but...
    it's not over till the fat radiologist sings. Keep your faith.

I will keep you in my thoughts and send you good vibes and
    lots and lotsa hope.

Hugging you,
    Ayse

Hi Georgia,
    As everyone has

Hi Georgia,
    As everyone has said, try to stay calm but man I really don't like the way they handled you!! I'm so mad for you!
    I go to a breast center too and know the results before I leave. Once my appointment was back to back with my mammo so my surgeon looked at it and said all was fine before I got the call on my way home from radiology.
    Prayers and Big Hugs are coming your way.
    Love,
    Wanda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Hi Georgia,
    As everyone has

Hi Georgia,
    As everyone has said, try to stay calm but man I really don't like the way they handled you!! I'm so mad for you!
    I go to a breast center too and know the results before I leave. Once my appointment was back to back with my mammo so my surgeon looked at it and said all was fine before I got the call on my way home from radiology.
    Prayers and Big Hugs are coming your way.
    Love,
    Wanda

Oh, Georgia--I know how hard it is to "not worry"
    but as everyone has said hopefully there is nothing to worry about. Waiting is the absolute worst. Funny--I had my mammo yesterday too and I also made them do an ultrasound (my doctor's script said "mammo and possible ultrasound". I told the tech--just do it and she did. The radiologist was there to read both and I left with a "negative" report. A blessing indeed. And you will get your good result as well--just sorry you're having to wait.

Keep us posted with the good news.

Hugs, Renee
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

Oh, Georgia--I know how hard it is to "not worry"
    but as everyone has said hopefully there is nothing to worry about. Waiting is the absolute worst. Funny--I had my mammo yesterday too and I also made them do an ultrasound (my doctor's script said "mammo and possible ultrasound". I told the tech--just do it and she did. The radiologist was there to read both and I left with a "negative" report. A blessing indeed. And you will get your good result as well--just sorry you're having to wait.

Keep us posted with the good news.

Hugs, Renee

Yikes!
    I'll just worry for you, Georgia. Remember, "they" keep a close eye on our boobs and rest of our bodies now and it's much better to rule out problems than miss them. I'll be having "Georgia on my mind" today.

Hugs,
    Suzanne
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    wow they didn't know he
    wow they didn't know he wasnt' there when office called down....more stress...so sorry...

Denise