Doctor's Visit Thursday- Dec. 29th

ManWithaMission
ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
edited December 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
Well ladies, I went to see my Oncologist this past Thursday and I recived a clean bill of health. My markers are still down around the twenties and the Dr. decited to wait a couple of months for any scans. I also asked her about soy & peanut products or any other food restictions for Stage 4; ER positive breast cancer people. She told me that she had not heard of anything as long as you take it in moderations. She said that an all soy diet is not a healthy choice. I hope that this helps some of you ladies, but it could also have something to do with each persons own metabolism,too.

As for me, I did gain 4 or so pounds over the Christmas week-end. I have been trying to walk more in the stores instead of taking the motorized carts. My wife & I are still eating more fruits and vegetables & less fried foods. Although,I keep telling her that I'm not dead yet and I can still have some pizza now & then. Just not a whole one!HAHAHAHA!!

Cyber (((HUGS))) and prayers to all my Pink Sisters for a healthy & happy new year in 2012. Robert

Comments

• robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Glad to hear about your
    Glad to hear about your clean bill of health!! Something to celebrate tonight!! Let's hope the New Year is a healthy one~

Angela

oh...a slice here and there will never hurt, right??
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    A life without pizza...
    ...would be like a day without sunshine.

Keep up the walking, Robert, and enjoy a slice (or two?) of pizza now and then!

Traci
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    TraciInLA said:

A life without pizza...

Traci

Robert .. such good news!
    move, move, move any way you can --keep up the good work! You weight will stabilized in time -- remember your body has been thru so much -- be kind, and gentle to yourself, pushing your physical limits .. a little more each day. So happy to hear that you ditch the motorized scooter ...

Pizza -- yum, yum -- a nice treat.

I am so happy for you, your wife and extended family.

Congratulations, Robert -- dear Brother. Happy Holidays and wishes for a healthier and joyous New Year.

Vicki Sam
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    TraciInLA said:

A life without pizza...

Traci

Congrats Robert on your
    Congrats Robert on your check up! Pizza is good for you, so, enjoy some every now and then. LOL

Hugs, Jan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Congrats Robert on your
    Congrats Robert on your check up! Pizza is good for you, so, enjoy some every now and then. LOL

Hugs, Jan

yay robert so glad you got a
    yay robert so glad you got a clean bill of health and a reprieve from scans! Happy New year!
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    carkris said:

yay robert so glad you got a clean bill of health and a reprieve from scans! Happy New year!

Nothing
    like a clean bill of health!

Two slices of pizza followed by a brisk walk.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    aisling8 said:

Nothing
    like a clean bill of health!

Two slices of pizza followed by a brisk walk.

xoxo
    Victoria

Happy New Year, Robert
    What wonderful news from your doctor. Walking more and eating healthier will absolutely make you feel better and improve your overall health, but pizza now and then will make your life worth living! I'm going out for a walk now - I haven't been on the scales (I'm afraid to), but all the comfort food I've been eating is certainly making me and my clothes quite uncomfortable.

Hope your next scans indicate good news and are consistent with the steady low tumor markers.

Suzanne
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Robert - Such Good News!
    And right in time for the new year. Umm, is veggie pizza a healthy alternative? Or, just stepping off the straight and narrow for 'the works' every now and again?

I have a few holiday treat pounds myself, so today I got out 'my music' - I'm a boomer, you know! Mick Jagger and I danced through 2 CD's - if I do this all weekend, maybe I'll lose a pound! It's the only way I exercise.

Again, congratulations on your good news,

Sue
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Robert - Such Good News!
    And right in time for the new year. Umm, is veggie pizza a healthy alternative? Or, just stepping off the straight and narrow for 'the works' every now and again?

I have a few holiday treat pounds myself, so today I got out 'my music' - I'm a boomer, you know! Mick Jagger and I danced through 2 CD's - if I do this all weekend, maybe I'll lose a pound! It's the only way I exercise.

Again, congratulations on your good news,

Sue

Great news!
    I'm curious. Is. Your bc hormone receptive? I really don't know much about bc in men although my husband's grandfather had it.

Happy new year!

Roseann
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Yahoo! Congrats Robert!
    That is wonderful news, and I don't think 4 lbs sounds so bad. I think you can have a whole personal size pizza if you want...think of all the food groups you cover

So excited for you,

Jennifer
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    grams2jc said:

Yahoo! Congrats Robert!
    That is wonderful news, and I don't think 4 lbs sounds so bad. I think you can have a whole personal size pizza if you want...think of all the food groups you cover

So excited for you,

Jennifer

Congrats!
    I love good news! Sounds like a celebration is in order...PIZZA!!

Hugs,Debi
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    carkris said:

Great news Robert! I'm so
    Great news Robert! I'm so happy for you and for your wife!

Hugs, Angie
  • Frankie Shannon
    Frankie Shannon Member Posts: 457
    Glad to here you have a
    Glad to here you have a clean bill of health keep up the walking and have pizza once in awhile.Fruits and veg.make for a dull substitute lol.Have a great New Year with positive thoughts.Hugs Frankie
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281

Glad to here you have a
    Glad to here you have a clean bill of health keep up the walking and have pizza once in awhile.Fruits and veg.make for a dull substitute lol.Have a great New Year with positive thoughts.Hugs Frankie

Robert - wonderful news from
    Robert - wonderful news from your checkup. Great to hear you are
    up to walking at the store. i can always justify pizza:protein,veggie,
    dairy; is fiber too big a leap here? Hope you and your family have a
    very happy New year.

Teresa
  • ManWithaMission
    ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
    Pizza is a food group,Right?
    Thank you,ladies,for all your kind thoughts and prayers,espicially about pizza. Traci, I thought that was "Orange Juice"? LOL! I drink a glass of it every morning(never got hooked on Coffee). Sue, vegie is good,but "The Works" is better! As long as it's only 2 slices now instead of all 8 slices(I used to eat a whole medium by myself). I also love Mick Jagger! My favorite one is about,"putting the speakers in the window & going up to the roof and listening to the oldies in the ally down below." Teresa,no leap is too big here,besides, fiber IS good for you! Suzanne, I used to weight myself every day (at work and at home),but now I just do it once a week on Sunday. I really don't like it to go "UP"! HAHAHA!! Yes,Roseann,my breast cancer is hormone reseptive & that is why I am on Famera. I don't think that anybody really understands male breast cancer that much either. There are not that many studies(if any) on male breast cancer. Mainly because I'm not in any of them! They don't know where it comes from or how it works in men, so they treat us the same way they treat women & hope for the best. Usually,by the time they find it in a man, it is in the very late stage and there is not very much that can be done for it.

Again, thank you all for your comments and thoughts. I wish I could "Friend" you all. My heart is full of Love and Joy right now. Happy New Year to all of you & yours.

Robert
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

Thank you,ladies,for all your kind thoughts and prayers,espicially about pizza. Traci, I thought that was "Orange Juice"? LOL! I drink a glass of it every morning(never got hooked on Coffee). Sue, vegie is good,but "The Works" is better! As long as it's only 2 slices now instead of all 8 slices(I used to eat a whole medium by myself). I also love Mick Jagger! My favorite one is about,"putting the speakers in the window & going up to the roof and listening to the oldies in the ally down below." Teresa,no leap is too big here,besides, fiber IS good for you! Suzanne, I used to weight myself every day (at work and at home),but now I just do it once a week on Sunday. I really don't like it to go "UP"! HAHAHA!! Yes,Roseann,my breast cancer is hormone reseptive & that is why I am on Famera. I don't think that anybody really understands male breast cancer that much either. There are not that many studies(if any) on male breast cancer. Mainly because I'm not in any of them! They don't know where it comes from or how it works in men, so they treat us the same way they treat women & hope for the best. Usually,by the time they find it in a man, it is in the very late stage and there is not very much that can be done for it.

Again, thank you all for your comments and thoughts. I wish I could "Friend" you all. My heart is full of Love and Joy right now. Happy New Year to all of you & yours.

Robert

Great News Robert!
    What a wonderful way to begin the new year! So very happy for you and your family....love the good news when it appears on this site....

And....I had pizza for lunch, so I got a good chuckle about " food groups " .....I think pizza qualifies for any and all food groups...add pineapple and there's your fruit serving....lol.

God Bless and may the New Year be kind...
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413

Robert

I think you have "friended"
    I think you have "friended" all of us, we have certainly "friended" you! I'm so glad your onc had good news!! And thank you for sharing your joy with us...it just shines in your posts.

Hugs,

Linda
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896

I think you have "friended"
    I think you have "friended" all of us, we have certainly "friended" you! I'm so glad your onc had good news!! And thank you for sharing your joy with us...it just shines in your posts.

Hugs,

Linda

YAY! Good for you!
    What great news! A wonderful way to start out the new year! A little pizza is in order I think - just a little!
    much love to you and your wife - keep up all those good habits!
    -Jenny
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    :)
    Hi sweet brother -- Glad to know your appt. went well. Wishing you a HEALTHY NEW YEAR, not just for 2012, but always.

Thank you for the soy information. I am one who watches out for soy - very hard to avoid since everything has some level of soy. But my nutritionist said to avoid it so I try. My cancer was 99% ER and 87% progesterone so I need to try to avoid estrogen at all cause (stopped eating meat too).

I also eat "bad foods" from time to time - 0nce in a while it won't hurt. So do not feel guilty about it. :) Enjoy. Good to exercise though. I am very guilty of that! I haven't exercised in a year. No good. :(

Big hugs to you! And may you continue to receive good news.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Robert that is such good news, congratulations I am so happy for you and your wife! I kind of stopped walking the last 5 weeks because my husbands knee has been hurting him (not a good excuse I know, but he is my walking partner). Well I started walking on my treadmill last week and have kept it up, only 25 minutes but that beats not doing anything at all! I too wish you a Happy and Healthy New Year with many more in the wings!

RE