Physical anomalies, what you know now that you didn't know then?

Options
ratface
ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
The journey through treatment and post treatment has been an education of the intricate workings within. I would venture a guess that everyone has weird physical quirks in their anatomy but were unaware of them until they started getting poked, scanned, scoped, and monitored on a regular basis. Every scan for me reveals some new discovery. Even routine office measurements are revealing. I thought it might be interesting to see how strange we really are in reference to purely physical anatomical characteristics or anomalies. Here are some of mine.

* My body temperature is always between 96-97 degrees.
* My pulse rate hovers around 60 beats per minute.
* I have micro nodules in my lungs
* I have a nodule in my thyroid
* I have calcification of a coronary artery
* My Vertebra are showing signs of wear

What physical Revelations have you discovered

Comments

• longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    so riddle me this
    How does this explain your screen name? :)

I also have micronodules. Kind of proud of them. Think I'll keep them. I'm also watching my fasting blood sugar start to rise, as the years go by. Suspect I'll eventually be diabetic.
  • ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

so riddle me this
    How does this explain your screen name? :)

I also have micronodules. Kind of proud of them. Think I'll keep them. I'm also watching my fasting blood sugar start to rise, as the years go by. Suspect I'll eventually be diabetic.

Ah grasshopper
    you will have to do some detective work. There is a recent thread on here where everyone explains and gives insight to their names. Interesting read.
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Physical revelations
    Buzz has numb fingers, toes, and right thigh from the chemo. Blood sugar is creeping up and he is now officially diabetic. Kidney function is impaired due to the chemo. He also has a lung nodule and cysts in the kidneys. On any scan, lots of abnormalities are sometimes found but they pose no immediate concerns. Guess a lot of them are due to just getting older. Sigh..... Karen
  • Patti678
    Patti678 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    answers...
    -My body temp has always hovered around 96-97. Never the typ 98.6
    - My RHR was 47 before the surgery. Now it's about 60. Hoping to get it back down when I can train again.
    -One of my pupils stays small even one the other one dilates. (Post-op) This is VERY freaky to me. Looks so weird.
  • NJR
    NJR Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Interesting topic
    I have one less vertebrae than normal
    My normal pulse is 45-50
    My lung capacity is abnormally large and am told I breath differently than most. (an abdominal breather)

I just got back from my PET scan and have a CT this afternoon so I will probably find something else weird about me in a few days.
  • longtermsurvivor
    longtermsurvivor Member Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    ratface said:

Ah grasshopper
    you will have to do some detective work. There is a recent thread on here where everyone explains and gives insight to their names. Interesting read.

OK, I got it
    now I'm off for another rousing episode of chemotherapy. I'll say hi to your friends at Ft Leonard Wood along the way.