I'm so discouraged

Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
I'm so discouraged.After 3 months of contemplating getting a new doctor I made a appt.Why am I so upset in doing this??? It took sometime for a needle biopsy order and I was very upset but I'm hurt having to make a change. I'm not going to put him down.I just wanted more prompt healthcare. I keep saying "WHY did it come to this".So many of you make decisions and seem OK with it but I am confused. I can't let it happen again.

This new doctor's office said it would be after the first of the year to have the benign tumor removed.

Now to get enough courage to get my records. I have been a patient in that office for 44 years.It's gonna be hard.

Lynn Smith

Comments

• madsters1
    madsters1 Member Posts: 120
    discouraged
    Loyalty....a priceless thing for sure. It must belong only to first: our God, then our families and friends(others) and then to ourselves and our own well being. Our health. All else is preference. Do what you need to do to be loyal to your well being.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    madsters1 said:

discouraged
    Loyalty....a priceless thing for sure. It must belong only to first: our God, then our families and friends(others) and then to ourselves and our own well being. Our health. All else is preference. Do what you need to do to be loyal to your well being.

Lynn....
    I understand...BUT....it's YOUR LIFE...and we HAVE to be our own advocate...

Hugs, Nancy
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    I know how you feel. My
    I know how you feel. My husband had a physician at the same office, and I had a different one. The one I had just didn't take me seriously. I thought he acted like I was making things up. So I switched to the doctor my husband was using. Boy did I feel awkward for a while, but we have to take charge sometimes and do what will be best for us in the long run.

Hugs,

Judy