OT - comfort food - Traci's pumpkin swirl brownies

debi.18
debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
Had to try Traci's recipe from the Comfort Food thread a couple of days ago. Awesome!

I had to improvise a little. Found it hard to believe this close to Thanksgiving that Publix didn't have a pumpkin bread mix, but I used a gingerbread mix and added pumpkin pie seasoning to it. It was delicious! Hot out of the oven with the pumpkin pie ice cream - yummy!

Have to say, I ate almost all of it myself.

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    mmmmm....
    Can I have some? I love pumpkin! I was just telling my honey that I want to bake and just try everything. Now I want something sweet and don't have anything in my kitchen. Glad you tried this recipe and that you enjoyed it. :)
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    I'll take some too please!
    I'll take some too please! lol Sounds delicious!

Sue :)
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Ritzy said:

I'll take some too please!
    I'll take some too please! lol Sounds delicious!

Sue :)

Sounds .. yummy !
    I missed the original post --- UGH!

Vicki Sam
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    VickiSam said:

Sounds .. yummy !
    I missed the original post --- UGH!

Vicki Sam

Bears repeating...mmmmmm.....thanks, Traci!
    Pumpkin. Swirl. Brownies.

These are the latest obsession at our house. You buy Trader Joe's's Truffle Brownie Mix and Pumpkin Bread Mix, mix them up in separate bowls, then swirl them together in a 9x13 pan and bake them. Then serve them with TJ's Pumpkin Ice Cream. (Don't leave out the ice cream -- it tastes like frozen pumpkin pie!)

I mean, SERIOUSLY good, like everyone in my house fights over them, and we now have FIVE boxes of each mix in our pantry!

The directions/recipe are on Trader Joe's's website: http://www.traderjoes.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=91

You're welcome! :-)

Traci
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    KathiM said:

These are the latest obsession at our house. You buy Trader Joe's's Truffle Brownie Mix and Pumpkin Bread Mix, mix them up in separate bowls, then swirl them together in a 9x13 pan and bake them. Then serve them with TJ's Pumpkin Ice Cream. (Don't leave out the ice cream -- it tastes like frozen pumpkin pie!)

I mean, SERIOUSLY good, like everyone in my house fights over them, and we now have FIVE boxes of each mix in our pantry!

The directions/recipe are on Trader Joe's's website: http://www.traderjoes.com/recipes/recipe.asp?rid=91

Traci

Got it!!!
    Thank you Traci and Kathi!

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    KathiM said:

Traci

Yum! Thanks!

Yum! Thanks!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    DebbyM said:

Yum! Thanks!

Yum! Thanks!

Love your improvisation, Debi!
    Debi, what a great idea trying gingerbread mix instead -- sounds delicious!

I'm a good cook and baker -- but ONLY as long as I can follow a recipe. I can't improvise/substitute in the kitchen to save my life -- if it had been me, I would probably just have sat down in the middle of the baking aisle at the grocery store and cried! (okay, not really -- but definitely a few sniffles!)

I actually have a pan of these pumpkin swirl brownies in the oven as we speak....I mentioned on another thread that some friends of ours, an elderly couple, just moved into a new place this weekend, and we're taking a homecooked dinner to them tonight. I've got black bean-mushroom chili in the Crock-Pot, and pumpkin swirl brownies in the oven. But, sadly, every Trader Joe's in our neighborhood is sold out of the pumpkin ice cream....okay ladies, 'fess up -- which one of you bought it all up?

:-) Traci
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    TraciInLA said:

Love your improvisation, Debi!
    Debi, what a great idea trying gingerbread mix instead -- sounds delicious!

I'm a good cook and baker -- but ONLY as long as I can follow a recipe. I can't improvise/substitute in the kitchen to save my life -- if it had been me, I would probably just have sat down in the middle of the baking aisle at the grocery store and cried! (okay, not really -- but definitely a few sniffles!)

I actually have a pan of these pumpkin swirl brownies in the oven as we speak....I mentioned on another thread that some friends of ours, an elderly couple, just moved into a new place this weekend, and we're taking a homecooked dinner to them tonight. I've got black bean-mushroom chili in the Crock-Pot, and pumpkin swirl brownies in the oven. But, sadly, every Trader Joe's in our neighborhood is sold out of the pumpkin ice cream....okay ladies, 'fess up -- which one of you bought it all up?

:-) Traci

OK girls I'm convinced and
    OK girls I'm convinced and may take them to in-laws for one of our Thanksiving desserts.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    natly15 said:

OK girls I'm convinced and
    OK girls I'm convinced and may take them to in-laws for one of our Thanksiving desserts.

That's exactly what our friends said, Cousin Natly
    They loved the brownies, too -- even with just regular ol' vanilla ice cream -- and are now planning to make them for their family Thanksgiving!

Traci