Hubby's 59th Birthday Saturday

Options
herdizziness
herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
And by golly he's going into it completely SOBER!!! It's been almost 3 weeks, and he's still on that wagon and doing an amazing job of it.
We actually went out to dinner last night for a early birthday dinner, and then out to a spaghetti dinner at my college for a fund raiser tonight. We haven't gone out on a evening together for almost two years!!! I'm liking this.
He's still very weak from the massive muscle loss he's suffered over time, but we are quite optimistic that he will get it back in time.
I have tears in my eyes as I write this, it isn't almost unbelievable to me that he is actually doing so wonderful in quitting after almost two years of complete hell.
I think you all with your good thoughts, prayers and vibes sent his way have done wonders.
Thank you so very much my friends,
Winter Marie

Comments

• tina dasilva
    tina dasilva Member Posts: 641
    Options
    Tell him
    Tell hubby I said Happy Birthday and a job well done for the both of you . Hugs Tina
  • ddpekks
    ddpekks Member Posts: 162
    Options
    Winter Marie.....
    You made my morning. I'm so very glad for you that things are going so well and will continue praying that they keep progressing. You've endured so much and deserve great happiness and it sounds like it's on the horizon.

Happy, Happy Birthday to your Dear Husband and may all his wishes come true! (And yours!)

Deb
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    May he keep us the good work
    May he keep us the good work so you two can enjoy each other again. happy Birthday to your hubby :)
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    Happy B'day....
    ....and congratulations are in order!

-C
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your
    Happy Birthday to your hubby! And I'm so glad for both of you that he's doing better. :-)
  • Brenda Bricco
    Brenda Bricco Member Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    So glad for you and him...
    So glad for you and him... it's time for you to have some good in your life. :)
  • laurettas
    laurettas Member Posts: 372
    Options
    Wonderful news
    I cannot tell you, Winter Marie, how thrilled I was to read your news. To have your husband come back to you and start living again has got to be absolutely unbelievable for you. Your joy is contagious and I rejoice with you in this!
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    laurettas said:

Wonderful news
    I cannot tell you, Winter Marie, how thrilled I was to read your news. To have your husband come back to you and start living again has got to be absolutely unbelievable for you. Your joy is contagious and I rejoice with you in this!

ahhhhhh
    Winter Marie......that is the best news!!!!

I wonder as we struggle with cancer if we forget just how incredibly hard addiction is....

mags
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Awesome
    That is wonderful news and a very happy birthday to your husband. Glad you were able to celebrate.

Kim
  • eibod
    eibod Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Happy birthday to him, and
    Happy birthday to him, and so glad that things are better. Take care, Brenda