Positive Post-I've finally kicked my Roxicet

After surgery, radiation treatment, and recovery, ohhh about 7 months worth of total time on Roxicet, I can say I've finally kicked it. On my 3rd day w/o it. :)

Comments

• Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Good Work
    So - are you drinking strong KoolAid with corn syrup added to replace the Roxicet? Teasing - the one time I was on Roxicet, I was surprised by the sweetness. Glad you feel you don't need it any more.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi BeacherBum

Glad to hear the news, now please see if you can stay off the stuff for a while. lol

All the best to you
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Pam M said:

Good Work
    So - are you drinking strong KoolAid with corn syrup added to replace the Roxicet? Teasing - the one time I was on Roxicet, I was surprised by the sweetness. Glad you feel you don't need it any more.

KoolAid

Pam Pam Pam, I do remember sitting at the Chemo office and everyone taking a different color KoolAid. Ha ha ha. It brings back memories of a time I hope to never see again.

Take care
    Hondo
  • BeacherBum
    BeacherBum Member Posts: 32
    Hondo said:

Hi BeacherBum

Glad to hear the news, now please see if you can stay off the stuff for a while. lol

All the best to you
    Hondo

I'm pretty sure I'm good to
    I'm pretty sure I'm good to go now. I don't need it for pain. Took about 3 weeks to ween myself off it. Once I got to half a dose every 10+ hours the nurses told me I was good to stop as I wouldn't be physically addicted anymore. Today is day 4 and though I'm tempted to flush whats left, I think I'll just hide it because it certainly wasn't cheap.

The only side effect I have left is inability to fall asleep easily. The nurses suggest a tylenol PM, which i've used the last couple of nights, but i don't like how it makes me feel. Maybe i'll try something else.
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196

I'm pretty sure I'm good to
    I'm pretty sure I'm good to go now. I don't need it for pain. Took about 3 weeks to ween myself off it. Once I got to half a dose every 10+ hours the nurses told me I was good to stop as I wouldn't be physically addicted anymore. Today is day 4 and though I'm tempted to flush whats left, I think I'll just hide it because it certainly wasn't cheap.

The only side effect I have left is inability to fall asleep easily. The nurses suggest a tylenol PM, which i've used the last couple of nights, but i don't like how it makes me feel. Maybe i'll try something else.

Good Sleep
    For what it's worth, I've heard melatonin helps bring sleep without side effects (I haven't tried it, though - I'm lucky, and don't usually have sleep problems).

You might also try guided visualization or guided relaxation - you have a person (or recording) lead you through a kind of relaxing daydream - very relaxing and conducive to sleep.