Here's a shout out to caregivers

Options
lesvanb
lesvanb Member Posts: 905
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I had my port placement surgery today and that went well and I'm relieved! There's so much opportunity while getting all these procedures etc etc for stuff to go wrong that I just wanted to tell you all how many things went right today during my hospital sojourn:

1) my husband sat and waited with me for 4 hrs before the procedure- since they were backed up- and we had the opportunity to talk about about what's hard for him watching me go back into treatment and being a caregiver. This man does not talk much so what a gift! and what patience to be there with me!
2) The prep nurse was warm and friendly and competent! Placed that IV as well as I've ever had done
3) I got a big enough gown so that my butt didn't hang out
4) I always had warm blankets
5) The anaesthesiologist? was thorough and kind and I got the right amount and not too much
6) port was placed in same spot on left with no scar tissue getting in the way "slipped right in!"
7) there was laughter and good feelings in the OR
8) I always had warm blankets
9) the prep nurse found yogurt for me after the procedure even though it's not on the floor
10) I got hugs

I am so grateful and appreciative for all the good care I got today. Life's little wonders and sure helped me take one more step in front of the other.

all the best, Leslie

Comments

• Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sounds like......
    it was smooth sailing. Glad you are doing well and warm blankets truly are wonderful :)
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Lilmiss82 said:

Sounds like......
    it was smooth sailing. Glad you are doing well and warm blankets truly are wonderful :)

Lifes Little Wonders.........
    That said it all for me..........Glad all went well Leslie........caregivers are all personal angels.....Love to you both....Clift
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Buzzard said:

Lifes Little Wonders.........
    That said it all for me..........Glad all went well Leslie........caregivers are all personal angels.....Love to you both....Clift

ahhh Leslie
    that is the very best post.....thank you

I am so very happy for you ....nothing better than warm blankies and hugs..

thank you to all the care giving angels

mags
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Leslie...
    What a wonderful post. Our caregivers are our personal angels on earth, like Buzz said.

They're all so wonderful. It's nice you got to chat with your husband, too. They go through so much without complaint.

I'm so glad that your port insertion went well. Most of all, I know how you feel about your butt hanging out. I never want to give anyone a shocker!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Gratitude
    Leslie,

You show true gratitude - that's a great attitude; we all need to embrace that more often. I am so glad things went so well + your port is successfully in. Way to go!
  • 462lt
    462lt Member Posts: 117
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Gratitude
    Leslie,

You show true gratitude - that's a great attitude; we all need to embrace that more often. I am so glad things went so well + your port is successfully in. Way to go!

Happy
    So glad you had warm blankets, good nurses,and a great husband. Oh and yogurt! but most important a gown that your butt didn't hang out in. Laura
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Options
    Leslie,
    We are so happy

Leslie,
    We are so happy things went well today for you. I'm sure your husband is relieved also.
    Take care,
    Linda and Ellie
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    At the Hospital....
    ...I always find it's best to be nice and you get much better care!

Smile and the staff smiles with you:)

Glad all went ok - you made the very best out of all of it - and you and hubby connected too. Ahhhh!

-Craig