God's Perspective

LPack
LPack Member Posts: 645
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
One of our "older and seasoned" ladies of my Thursday Bible study sent this to me and I wanted to share it with each of you.

The Power for Living today had a heart touching story of the worship pastor, Lyndon Plett, whose mother was murdered when he was only five. His father & step mother were killed in an accident when he was only 11. Now he is sharing what God has taught him through those difficult years." Bad stuff happens because of a broken world - that's why we need Jesus to carry us through. Life is about the goals that God has - the goal of our becoming like Jesus, of building up His kingdom and of bringing Him glory. He is sovereign. He loves us and will never leave us. We're here to do what He's called us to do. God is the One who weaves the tapestry. He begins a good work, and He's faithful to complete it. Someday He will show us the tapestry from His perspective."

Comments

• Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
    Thanks Libby
    That's beautiful Libby. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could believe we get to see the whole story...that would make this process much easier..
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    I believe
    Don't know how I could keep going without the true belief in HIS faithfulness to be with me every step of the way. Add to that the promise of eternal life and what more could I ask? Saundra
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Lisa13Q said:

Thanks Libby
    That's beautiful Libby. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could believe we get to see the whole story...that would make this process much easier..

I concur!
    Yes, it would....
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Thanks Libby
    I am not really

Thanks Libby

I am not really religious but I so love the words you have put on here. But having said that I really believe my mum (who died 20 months ago) is around me, watching over me and making sure I am alright. :)

Tina xx