I'm dancing with NED !

susafina
susafina Member Posts: 131
edited March 2014 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1
Finally some good news. Since my diagnosis last November I have had little good news. Finally my first post treatment CT scan came back clear!thanks to all of you for your words of encouragement in coping with having scan number one.
Now if only my neuropathy of my hands and feet would calm down I would be thrilled. My docs said it could last up to a year post treatment.Has anyone else had this and what if anything helps?
But for now I am just happy that I too am dancing with NED.
SUE

Comments

• norma2
    norma2 Member Posts: 479
    DANCING!!! WITH YOU!!!
    I am happy for you, Sue!!! I have neuropathy in hands and feet. Last chemo was Feb 22. Mine is getting better gradually.
    Enjoy your NED!!! Norma
  • jazzy1
    jazzy1 Member Posts: 1,379
    Congrats Sue~~~
    Happy for the wonderful, positive news....yeah! It's great as you're amongst a few of us and we're all dancing NED.

I completed all treatments one year ago and had some minor neuropathy in my arms and hands, mainly noticed at night while sleeping. Now that I think about it, not bothering me at all. I'm a big workout gal so don't know if lots of movement with running, etc, contributes, but can't think it would hurt.

Best to you and take each day at a time and enjoy it!!! While we have NED, do wonderful and fun things as not in treatments.....life is good~

jan
  • shortmarge
    shortmarge Member Posts: 291
    jazzy1 said:

Congrats Sue~~~
    Happy for the wonderful, positive news....yeah! It's great as you're amongst a few of us and we're all dancing NED.

I completed all treatments one year ago and had some minor neuropathy in my arms and hands, mainly noticed at night while sleeping. Now that I think about it, not bothering me at all. I'm a big workout gal so don't know if lots of movement with running, etc, contributes, but can't think it would hurt.

Best to you and take each day at a time and enjoy it!!! While we have NED, do wonderful and fun things as not in treatments.....life is good~

jan

HAPPY DANCING
    May you dance with NED for many, many years...
  • maggie_wilson
    maggie_wilson Member Posts: 596
    great new sue

enjoy dancing with ned for the rest of your long life, sue! i still have some minor neuropathy in my fingers and toes, seems to be slowly getting better. my last chemo was 8 months ago. am still taking l glutamine, i think it's helping. in any case, mazel tov!
    sisterhood, maggie
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980

great new sue

enjoy dancing with ned for the rest of your long life, sue! i still have some minor neuropathy in my fingers and toes, seems to be slowly getting better. my last chemo was 8 months ago. am still taking l glutamine, i think it's helping. in any case, mazel tov!
    sisterhood, maggie

GREAT NEWS!! Enjoy every single wonderful day!
    Remission is the BEST feeling in the worls. Please revel in the joy of it and forget about cancer as thoroughly as you can! ENJOY! & CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member

GREAT NEWS!! Enjoy every single wonderful day!
    Remission is the BEST feeling in the worls. Please revel in the joy of it and forget about cancer as thoroughly as you can! ENJOY! & CONGRATULATIONS!

So happy for you Sue
    Wonderful news. May you dance with NED for a very long time. So good to hear the news. In peace and caring.
  • TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408
    Sue doing the dance!
    Keep the dancing going!!!

Stay well :)

Laurie
  • Songflower
    Songflower Member Posts: 608

Sue doing the dance!
    Keep the dancing going!!!

Stay well :)

Laurie

YIPPEEEEEEEE!
    Doin the NED dance! I had severe neuropathy. I had breast cancer ten years ago and took taxetere. Then with the carbo/taxol I got painful neuropathy. The carbo neuropathy pain peeks four to six months after you finish chemo. It will start getting better then and after one year that is about how it stays. Mine really improved dramatically; and I could only wear ugly shoes! I wore cute sandals (with a heel) on my vacation! I took Lyrica and also had to take pain medications. Once and a while I still feel it but it's not bad at all. Sometimes squeezing a rubber ball helps the hands. Avoid high impact with the feet; I can now walk without problems. I don't do high impact aerobics anymore. Some use neurotin for pain. It takes time for it to work. The lyrica really worked for me.

Diane
  • susafina
    susafina Member Posts: 131

YIPPEEEEEEEE!
    Doin the NED dance! I had severe neuropathy. I had breast cancer ten years ago and took taxetere. Then with the carbo/taxol I got painful neuropathy. The carbo neuropathy pain peeks four to six months after you finish chemo. It will start getting better then and after one year that is about how it stays. Mine really improved dramatically; and I could only wear ugly shoes! I wore cute sandals (with a heel) on my vacation! I took Lyrica and also had to take pain medications. Once and a while I still feel it but it's not bad at all. Sometimes squeezing a rubber ball helps the hands. Avoid high impact with the feet; I can now walk without problems. I don't do high impact aerobics anymore. Some use neurotin for pain. It takes time for it to work. The lyrica really worked for me.

Diane

dancing with ned
    Thank you all for the good wishes. You have already taught me so much. Thanks for the advice and telling me to be patient. I was upset when my doc told me that the neuropathy could last up to a year. I guess I want to feel better NOW! I need to be more proactive in my care. I am thinking about accupuncture and some excersizes to increase my strength. I have got to get healthier. I am now more determined than ever before. I want to be dancing with NED for a long time!
    SUE
  • Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    susafina said:

dancing with ned
    Thank you all for the good wishes. You have already taught me so much. Thanks for the advice and telling me to be patient. I was upset when my doc told me that the neuropathy could last up to a year. I guess I want to feel better NOW! I need to be more proactive in my care. I am thinking about accupuncture and some excersizes to increase my strength. I have got to get healthier. I am now more determined than ever before. I want to be dancing with NED for a long time!
    SUE

Congrats!
    Just logged on. Sooooo happy for you Sue! Doing the dance! Keep on dancin!

Kathy
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member
    susafina said:

dancing with ned
    SUE

Dance on and on and on!
    Sue....great news! Yup....work on getting stronger so you can keep dancing! It takes a lot of energy to dance!!

Best wishes always!

Karen
  • Cecile Louise
    Cecile Louise Member Posts: 133
    kkstef said:

Dance on and on and on!
    Sue....great news! Yup....work on getting stronger so you can keep dancing! It takes a lot of energy to dance!!

Best wishes always!

Karen

Woohooo!
    Dance on, sister!!

Love,
    Cecile