Once Again, I'm here to say -- bright light at the end of the tunnel....

Options
mgm42
mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I haven't been on these boards for quite some time, but I do check in now and then. I'm so glad to see that so many of you are maintaining a positive attitude while facing all that we must face. But, I'm here to say that it's been 2 1/2 years for me since I completed treatment and I've been dancing with NED ever since. I'm so very, very greatful.

However, my point is -- hang in there. There IS a bright light at the end of the tunnel, you DO feel normal again, your life DOES BEGIN to ebb and flow as it did before and it's GOOD. The only time I'm reminded that I'm a cancer survivor is when I have to go for my six month check-ups or do the 5K walk and have to wear a pink T-shirt. Except for that, I don't think about it even when I take my tamoxifen each morning. It's in the past. And again, life is good. Bless you all. Hugs, Marilynn

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Hey Marilynn
    Nice to see your smiling face again. Your right it's been a while. Glad everything is going well for you.
    Kathy
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Hey Marilynn
    Nice to see your smiling face again. Your right it's been a while. Glad everything is going well for you.
    Kathy

Thank you MGM for giving us hope!
    I especially like coming across posts like yours, you've made me smile. I wish for you continued success on living free of this desease.

Love Ronda