Surgery, scheduled and I'm OK

Options
pinkkari09
pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, hello, hello.....a lot has happened in the last week, I had to make a huge decision with plastic surgeon and also I have moved back to my home, decided I'm not leaving it, he can leave, battling this cancer is enough, I'm not going to walk out on my home too....so now that my focus is just on getting through this and not on trying to move I'm doing better. With that being said, I think I have updated all of you on my surgery date, it's 2-11-10, they are going to do a radical mastectomy on the left, simple mastectomy on the right, both ovaries, immediate reconstruction using the latissimus flap procedure. They say it is going to be 7+ hour surgery and about 3-5 days in the hospital. Right now I'm trying to absorb all of this information and realize that this is real,this is happening in days. YIKES....If I didn't tell you I was scared, I would be a big liar. I know this is one step closer to tackling this beast and that is my focal point. Once again thank you for all you do to get me through every stage of this....I pray I can be of the same support to everyone else who has to enter this site. Big Hugs and Tons of Love!!
~Kari

Comments

• jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Wow! You've had quite a

Wow! You've had quite a week. I'm glad that you are at peace with moving back home, and that it has made things a bit easier. You need all your energy fighting the beast, and emotional energy is drained the quickest.

Seven hours in surgery is a long time, but then you'll be so much closer to being able to look forward to your post-cancer life. It does take a while to recovery from such a long surgery, but it's good to have it all done at once. You'll find that the recovery will go fast as you communicate with all your cyber friends.

Take care and I'll continue to pray for you.

Joyce
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Options
    That's alot....
    Good luck with all your surgeries...you've really gone through alot already and it sounds like you have alot more on your plate. God bless you!

I've been wanting to tell you (I read your posts) that my last name is the same as yours! McLaughlin!! Any relatives in Michigan??

Again, best of luck to you and you will be in my prayers on 2/11!

Patti
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    Options
    prayers
    Sending my prayers up for you..girl power
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Kari wishing you the best
    Kari wishing you the best outcomes possible. Happy you are taking care of you and went back to what is also YOUR home. Hugs
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Kari, hoping only for good
    Kari, hoping only for good things for you. I'm glad to read you can recuperate from your surgery in your home. Everything will be fine, try not to worry. I know, easier said than done. Keep us posted.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Kari wishing you the best
    Kari wishing you the best outcomes possible. Happy you are taking care of you and went back to what is also YOUR home. Hugs

Glad that you went back to
    Glad that you went back to your home as you can recuperate better there after your surgery. Sending you lots of prayers and good wishes!

Debby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Kari, hoping only for good
    Kari, hoping only for good things for you. I'm glad to read you can recuperate from your surgery in your home. Everything will be fine, try not to worry. I know, easier said than done. Keep us posted.

Good luck with your upcoming
    Good luck with your upcoming surgery Kari! Keep us updated!

HUGS