It's official!!!!! The ice is strong.....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
and there is skating on the canal in front of the house!!!! YEAAAAAA!!!!!

Now all I need to do is find my skates!!!!!

Pics later....

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    That is so super cool!
    Cold, yes, but still super cool. Keep us posted. I have a TV with but three channels, sad but true, so I will need to rely on the pix you post here. :)
    dmc
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    dmc_emmy said:

That is so super cool!
    Cold, yes, but still super cool. Keep us posted. I have a TV with but three channels, sad but true, so I will need to rely on the pix you post here. :)
    dmc

Be safe kathi, I used to ice
    Be safe kathi, I used to ice skate a lot as a kid and some of my adult years. Now I would be afraid it would be one of those " Help I have fallen and can't get up " deals.
  • KathiM
    Kat11 said:

Be safe kathi, I used to ice
    Be safe kathi, I used to ice skate a lot as a kid and some of my adult years. Now I would be afraid it would be one of those " Help I have fallen and can't get up " deals.

Thanks for the caring!
    Yes, I am VERY careful! Also, while walking....I'm not used to slippery ice on the sidewalks. I am blessed with a good sense of balance, and also have a bum knee from skiing, so I never trust my entire weight to either foot...It has saved me many times!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

(PS...my beau, a dutch citizen who grew up in this climate, skates worse than I do...lol!!)
  • KathiM
    dmc_emmy said:

That is so super cool!
    dmc

I don't watch much TV here...
    lol...most of it is in dutch!!!!

Animal Planet is english with dutch subtitles, so I learn better dutch by listening and reading...

Hugs, Kathi
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    KathiM said:

Thanks for the caring!
    Yes, I am VERY careful! Also, while walking....I'm not used to slippery ice on the sidewalks. I am blessed with a good sense of balance, and also have a bum knee from skiing, so I never trust my entire weight to either foot...It has saved me many times!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

(PS...my beau, a dutch citizen who grew up in this climate, skates worse than I do...lol!!)

Kathi
    You look so cute all

Kathi
    You look so cute all bundled up and skating. I would think that the possiblity of falling while walking on ice is greater than skating. Skate are designed to slide and shoes, well they slip. Glad you are careful with both. We do not want a report of the hospital in the Netherlands. Have fun on that ice. Love the fact that you skate better than Hans. LOL
    Stef
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    KathiM said:

I don't watch much TV here...
    lol...most of it is in dutch!!!!

Animal Planet is english with dutch subtitles, so I learn better dutch by listening and reading...

Hugs, Kathi

I was watching the nightly
    I was watching the nightly news last night, and they were talking about the freezing temps in Europe....lo and behold they showed the skating on the canals in Holland...I looked for you, but you were no where to be found. Anyway, thought I would pass it along that your "second home" made the national news. Hugs, Judy
  • KathiM
    fauxma said:

Kathi
    You look so cute all

Kathi
    You look so cute all bundled up and skating. I would think that the possiblity of falling while walking on ice is greater than skating. Skate are designed to slide and shoes, well they slip. Glad you are careful with both. We do not want a report of the hospital in the Netherlands. Have fun on that ice. Love the fact that you skate better than Hans. LOL
    Stef

Thanks, my dear Stef, for the words of caution....
    As you may know, it's extra careful for me....chemo rendered me osteoporotic...bones of an 80-year-old, they tell me...

But the ice is so nice, and the air is so brisk, and this is what I did all the work for while battling the beast...

So, thank you again, dearheart, for the thoughts...I promise I'll be careful!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM

I was watching the nightly
    I was watching the nightly news last night, and they were talking about the freezing temps in Europe....lo and behold they showed the skating on the canals in Holland...I looked for you, but you were no where to be found. Anyway, thought I would pass it along that your "second home" made the national news. Hugs, Judy

Wow! That is sooo cool!
    I always wonder what's happening in the 'outside world'....Thanks for the news, Judy....I guess England is having one heck of a time...but, of course, here in Holland, the dutch look at it as a way to call in sick, and go skating....lol!

Hugs, Kathi
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    KathiM said:

Wow! That is sooo cool!
    I always wonder what's happening in the 'outside world'....Thanks for the news, Judy....I guess England is having one heck of a time...but, of course, here in Holland, the dutch look at it as a way to call in sick, and go skating....lol!

Hugs, Kathi

OK.... Let me try this..........
    Dear Kathi...........
    Yay ben gueck!
    Did I get this right........Please?......LOL

I am going to learn Dutch this year, You and my Boss / best friend?.... Thanks for all so far.

Tots Ziens?
    I'll get it right one of these days............ Hugs Jxxxx