Blue Moon for New Year's Eve

Options
fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Tonight is a blue moon. For those that don't know a blue moon is, it is a 2nd full moon in the same month. There was a full moon on December 2nd. Blue moons only happen every 2 1/2 years so the next will not be until 2012. And this is on the last day of the year and that rarely happens. Don't know when the last one was. So for the romantic (think the song), the superstitious (maybe it's an omen), or the scientific (I am sure there is a logical explanation) enjoy it cause it ain't happening again for 2 1/2 years. Oh and the one in 2015 will be on my granddaughter's 6th birthday. Happy Blue Moon New Year to all.
Stef

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Blue Moon, you saw me
    Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own......

Thanks alot Stef! And while we're on the subject, whyever are you a Fauxma? I dare say, there isn't anything faux about you...especially in the ma department! I have always wondered, but never asked until now. But once in a Blue Moon it occurs to me to ask questions!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Stef

☻ ☺ Happy Blue Moon ☻ ☺
  • fauxma
    Options
    chenheart said:

Blue Moon, you saw me
    Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own......

Thanks alot Stef! And while we're on the subject, whyever are you a Fauxma? I dare say, there isn't anything faux about you...especially in the ma department! I have always wondered, but never asked until now. But once in a Blue Moon it occurs to me to ask questions!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

My best friend (the one we
    My best friend (the one we are going to move in with) was expecting her first grandchild ten years ago. Her daughter who is my daughter's best friend wanted to have her child call me grandma also. I felt that since this was Linda's first grandchild that I shouldn't be "grandma" and I didn't want to be called auntie or any of other names you usually give to non-relative relatives, so I told her I would be fauxma and my hubby would be fauxpere (cause fauxpa sounded so wrong) and it just stuck. I am now fauxma to three and I love it. My friend is Grandma In The Snow to her grandchildren and that is what mine call her (JJ anyway cause Jo is only starting to talk). It's funny, one time when I sent a card to my sweet Kaylea and signed it Fauxma, someone saw it and wanted to know who FoxMa was. That was worth a few laughs. Same person thought that FauxWood Blinds were made of FoxWood. Linda and I often kid that our girl's were switched while little. Her girl and I are so much alike and my Denise is very much like Linda. I am as close to her and her brother as I am to my girl. The three of them consider themselves siblings and they act just like siblings. I am blessed to have them and their mother in my life.
    Stef
  • fauxma
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Stef

☻ ☺ Happy Blue Moon ☻ ☺
    Oh, a banner how cute. See
    Oh, a banner how cute. See now everyone will know it's a blue moon.
    Stef
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    fauxma said:

My best friend (the one we
    My best friend (the one we are going to move in with) was expecting her first grandchild ten years ago. Her daughter who is my daughter's best friend wanted to have her child call me grandma also. I felt that since this was Linda's first grandchild that I shouldn't be "grandma" and I didn't want to be called auntie or any of other names you usually give to non-relative relatives, so I told her I would be fauxma and my hubby would be fauxpere (cause fauxpa sounded so wrong) and it just stuck. I am now fauxma to three and I love it. My friend is Grandma In The Snow to her grandchildren and that is what mine call her (JJ anyway cause Jo is only starting to talk). It's funny, one time when I sent a card to my sweet Kaylea and signed it Fauxma, someone saw it and wanted to know who FoxMa was. That was worth a few laughs. Same person thought that FauxWood Blinds were made of FoxWood. Linda and I often kid that our girl's were switched while little. Her girl and I are so much alike and my Denise is very much like Linda. I am as close to her and her brother as I am to my girl. The three of them consider themselves siblings and they act just like siblings. I am blessed to have them and their mother in my life.
    Stef

Thanks so much, Stef! I love
    Thanks so much, Stef! I love the explanation and how Fauxma came to be! I LOL about Fauxpa, and think that Fauxpere is a regal name! Grandma In The Snow should be the title of a book; it has such a melodic sound.

Thanks again Stef!
    Chen
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks so much, Stef! I love
    Thanks so much, Stef! I love the explanation and how Fauxma came to be! I LOL about Fauxpa, and think that Fauxpere is a regal name! Grandma In The Snow should be the title of a book; it has such a melodic sound.

Thanks again Stef!
    Chen

This is interesting. Thanks
    This is interesting. Thanks Stef!

Debby
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It's strange - I woke up
    It's strange - I woke up during the night with "Blue Moon of KY" running through my mind - it has been all day. I had fallen asleep on the couch with the TV so I think I must have subconsciencely heard someone talking about today being a 'Blue Moon' and my 'poor befuddle brain" took it as Blue Moon of KY.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Cool!
    So THATS where the expression 'once in a blue moon' came from...

Thanks for the info!!!

It's already new year here (Holland is 5-9 hours ahead of the states...depending on where you are...lol).

So, see you all next year, for you all!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Blue moon and a nice sunset,
    Blue moon and a nice sunset, the last of the decade, I got a picture! Not of the moon but the sunset. I just put it on the expressions page!
  • fauxma
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Blue moon and a nice sunset,
    Blue moon and a nice sunset, the last of the decade, I got a picture! Not of the moon but the sunset. I just put it on the expressions page!

That is a great picture of a
    That is a great picture of a beautiful sunset to end the decade and the year.
    Stef
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    BLUE MOON
    Hi Stef I read about this and thought how interesting it was. Here is a photo of the "blue moon". I took it while my husband and I were taking a walk tonight.

Happy New Year everyone~

RE
  • Marcia527
    Options
    RE said:

BLUE MOON
    Hi Stef I read about this and thought how interesting it was. Here is a photo of the "blue moon". I took it while my husband and I were taking a walk tonight.

Happy New Year everyone~

RE

My husband took a picture of
    My husband took a picture of the moon also. Last moon of the decade. I hope everyone has a great 2010!
  • fauxma
    Options
    RE said:

BLUE MOON

Happy New Year everyone~

RE

Re
    That's a great picture and the color even looks blue (well gray blue but close enough). So you captured a blue, blue moon. I love that you shared this with us. The last full, blue moon of the decade. Thank you for sharing.
    Marcia,
    I hope you post your moon picture as well.
    Den and I actually were up at midnight. Can't think of the last time we lasted that long.
    Here's to 2010 and a great healthy year for all.
    Stef
  • Marcia527
    Options
    fauxma said:

Re
    That's a great picture and the color even looks blue (well gray blue but close enough). So you captured a blue, blue moon. I love that you shared this with us. The last full, blue moon of the decade. Thank you for sharing.
    Marcia,
    Den and I actually were up at midnight. Can't think of the last time we lasted that long.
    Stef

OK Stef
    I put the blue moon over Texas on my expressions page. It doesn't look as good as RE's. Not very special. Just a moon.
  • fauxma
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

OK Stef
    I put the blue moon over Texas on my expressions page. It doesn't look as good as RE's. Not very special. Just a moon.

I think that is a great
    I think that is a great picture. Night photography is very difficult and that moon is set against such a dark sky. Great contrast. Thank you for posting it.
    Stef
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Re
    Marcia,
    Stef

Thanks!
    Thanks Stef, I posted it on the expressions page so it can be enlarged. I really liked the clouds but I couldn't quite capture them as they truly were.

Marcia your picture is lovely my friend!

Hugs,

RE