Mom's follow up tests on Friday *UPDATE*

Options
fighting for mom
fighting for mom Member Posts: 96
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I haven't been on here for a while but thought I would update.

Well- it is hard to believe that it has been almost 1 year since my Mom was diagnosed with CC and this jouney began. She has had a breast lump scare with lots of testing along the way ---which turned out ok. She will have her first follow up colonoscopy this Friday. Talk about scanxiety!!! Her CT scan is set for Nov. 10. We pray for clear tests.

Any/all prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Susan

ps- her spirits have been really good- especially after I told her I was expecting a baby first part of Feb. It was a really good pick me up for her.

**UPDATE**

Wonderful news---Mom got an all clear on her colonoscopy!!! We are all so thankful for the all clear. Now the CT on the 10th and we can breathe a big sigh of relief. They said she didn't need another colonoscopy for 3 years. Does that sound right??? I would think it would be necessary every year for a while. Any thoughts?

Susan

Comments

• nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Options
    First of
    all, I will send prayers, good vibes and mojo for your mother for an all clear for colonscopy and CT Scan.

On the other part, CONGRATS mommy. Out of this journey, you will gain a miracle child, and your mother a grandchild. All is good :)
  • Muzzy
    Muzzy Member Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    prayers on the way
    My prayer are on the way for your Mother and congrad omn the little one coming.
    Jeff
    Just happy to be here!!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    been there done that- will pray
    Hi Susan,

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy!
    I just went through scanning and follow up colonoscopy within this past month. It will be good when they're past, but I will be praying that she will get good news from both tests!

Lisa
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Dear Susan,your mom and your
    Dear Susan,your mom and your family are in my prayers and I hope everything will come out very clear.Best luck to your mom with her colonoscopy and scan.Take care.
  • fighting for mom
    fighting for mom Member Posts: 96
    Options

Dear Susan,your mom and your
    Dear Susan,your mom and your family are in my prayers and I hope everything will come out very clear.Best luck to your mom with her colonoscopy and scan.Take care.

Thank you
    Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! It will be a very short night for my Mom and Dad. My mom has to be there by 7 am - so it will be good just to get it over with early and find out the results.

And- thanks on the baby congrats! We have been trying for about 5 years so this is indeed a little miracle baby on the way. And it is a wonderful distraction for my Mom!

Susan