Day 21 of Sue's Rads

Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, today is #21. I got some good news today. My rads oncologist said that they will stop the regular zapping at #25 and then they would do the boosters. So, next Monday would be my last zapper all over! He said he might only have me do 5 boosters. That would be great, wouldn't it? That means that I am almost DONE! I was thrilled and just about kissed him. But, I don't think hubby would have approved. So, I just hugged him really hard!

I do look a little pinkish today, but, not bad. I knew that it would probably happen. But, since I will be done soon, it is ok.

Ok, just wanted you to all know.

And, some advice to the newbies, but, check with your own rads oncologist first. These are just what I did. Use your creams right from the start. Get lots of rest. Do not take vitamins. Use Dove soap. Don't wear a bra unless you absolutely have to. Let those babies be freeeeeeeeeee! If you need to see the dentist, see him before you start rads. No hottubs. No tanning.

Think that is it for now.

Sue :)

Comments

• mickeymom
    mickeymom Member Posts: 117
    Thanks for the encouragement
    I've been reading your posts for a while now since I will be headed toward rads in the next couple weeks. I have my consultation with the radiation oncologist next week and then schedule the rest. I just finished chemo last week and I've started dreading rads because I'm kind of out of gas right now. You make this sound like it's something I can get through. I'm taking note of all your advice and hopefully I'll get some strength back before I start! You give me hope!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Sue...glad that your doing
    Sue...glad that your doing so well... and a bonus of being almost finished... that is wonderful news...

Hoping it continues to go well..

Gentle hugs,

~T
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    mickeymom said:

Thanks for the encouragement
    I've been reading your posts for a while now since I will be headed toward rads in the next couple weeks. I have my consultation with the radiation oncologist next week and then schedule the rest. I just finished chemo last week and I've started dreading rads because I'm kind of out of gas right now. You make this sound like it's something I can get through. I'm taking note of all your advice and hopefully I'll get some strength back before I start! You give me hope!

Close to the end
    Sue, you will soon be done. I didn't realize that you would be done that soon. I am very happy for you! I can tell that you are thrilled too.

I hope that your skin stays good. If it doesn't, be sure and get some different creams. They have all kinds to help you.

Glad today went well for you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    taleena said:

Sue...glad that your doing so well... and a bonus of being almost finished... that is wonderful news...

Gentle hugs,

~T

You only have 9 left then,
    You only have 9 left then, right? It seems like this has gone really fast for you. I hope and pray that mine do when I start. :( I really don't want to do them...waaaaaaa

Ok, I know I am being a big baby. I will try to stop.

Congrats on doing so great Sue! And, for helping me to prepare.

Angie
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Angie2U said:

You only have 9 left then,
    You only have 9 left then, right? It seems like this has gone really fast for you. I hope and pray that mine do when I start. :( I really don't want to do them...waaaaaaa

Ok, I know I am being a big baby. I will try to stop.

Congrats on doing so great Sue! And, for helping me to prepare.

Angie

Sue ☺
    You are doing so well with your rads. I am very happy for you! Soon, you will be done and we can all celebrate with you!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Jeanne D said:

Sue ☺
    You are doing so well with your rads. I am very happy for you! Soon, you will be done and we can all celebrate with you!

Love, Jeanne ♥

You are almost done Sue!
    You are almost done Sue! WTG! I hope that you are getting more rest and that your skin is doing fine. Keep lots of cream on. And, I mean LOTS!

HUGS
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

You are almost done Sue!
    You are almost done Sue! WTG! I hope that you are getting more rest and that your skin is doing fine. Keep lots of cream on. And, I mean LOTS!

HUGS

TOOT TOOT
    You are on the train to the end of rads Sue! Good job! And, you are giving good advice to the ones that will be in rads soon. Nice of you!

Lex♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    taleena said:

Gentle hugs,

~T

Taleena
    How are you doing with your rads Taleena? Are you almost done too? Thanks for your good wishes. I hope that you are doing well too!

Sue :)
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    happy 4 u
    hello sue, i'm so happy for you the rads are almost done....what are boosters????thanks for the recomendations since i'm going to start my rads next week.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Taina said:

happy 4 u
    hello sue, i'm so happy for you the rads are almost done....what are boosters????thanks for the recomendations since i'm going to start my rads next week.

Boosters are
    rads that are targeted right to where your tumor was and there only-not your whole breast.
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Hey Sue
    remember when you were questioning why you were logging your rads experience everyday because you wondered if people were interested-well,I think Mickey says it all as far as that goes! Read what you are doing for her-she is less scared and now knows probably more than she used to as far as what to expect because of it!And she said that you give her hope-wow! That's pretty powerful!! This is wonderful! It's part of the reason of why we are here!!
    And congrats on being almost done-these last few will go by fast!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Almost done, that's great
    Almost done, that's great news. I read your posts so I have an idea of what to expect. I'm looking forward to the day I can be reporting that I'm done too. One day at a time!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Almost done, that's great
    Almost done, that's great news. I read your posts so I have an idea of what to expect. I'm looking forward to the day I can be reporting that I'm done too. One day at a time!

Almost done .. Wonderful news ..Congratulations!!!!
    I am so happy that you are near the finish line .. Updating the boards with your RAD's information is incouraging to many women.

Thank you for sharing.

VickiSam