Day 16 of Pammy's Rads

Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's official!! Mark your calenders! This is the day that my boobie was deemed the perfect hue, the perfect color, the perfect shade of "Pink" to warrent the use of (ta da...)Aquaphor! Now I really feel like a warrior...excuse me while I go put on my "armor" of Aguaphor so I can kick some but against this beast!
Awwww, and they come in those cute little tiny tubes. "yes, thats right folks. You can fit them in your purse, in your pocket, and in your shoes. Stash a few in the glove box, the console, or the cup holder. Don't forget in your nightstand, jewlery box, or junk drawer. And for just the low, low, price of $29.95, you can purchase the 'hide-a-way' doggie collar and leash! The secret compartment is hidden right in the collar. Never know when you may be out walking fido and need to apply your Aquaphor. But wait, thats not all!! If you order right now, we'll throw in a bonus gift! The Aquaphor applicator, FREE!!! That's right folks, you recieve the applicator free with your order. AND...if you order in the next 30 minutes, we will double your order. That's right, you get 2 doggie collars and leashs!! Call right now!!"
Don't know why I was lying there thinking of this. As I was being zapped, getting evermore "Pinker" I was thinking about where I could put all these little tubes, never to be without them! Funny, huh?
Pammy

Comments

  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Well, perfectly pink Pammy,
    Well, perfectly pink Pammy, I don't know what to say. I thought that I was the only person that had these oddball thoughts that randomly enter and exit my mind. I think there is a definite kinship here. And I love the informercial approach to this. I myself would have liked to have had something akin to those helmets that hold the beer so you can sip without using your hands. Maybe a cute soft tube cover mounted just above the breast area that you can just hug someone and out squirts the right amount. They will thinking they are just showing affection but we'll know that they are dispensing medical assistance.
    But I do like the doggie collar leash idea.
    Hope that this is as pink as you get and that this will soon be all behind you.
    Stef
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    fauxma said:

    Well, perfectly pink Pammy,
    Well, perfectly pink Pammy, I don't know what to say. I thought that I was the only person that had these oddball thoughts that randomly enter and exit my mind. I think there is a definite kinship here. And I love the informercial approach to this. I myself would have liked to have had something akin to those helmets that hold the beer so you can sip without using your hands. Maybe a cute soft tube cover mounted just above the breast area that you can just hug someone and out squirts the right amount. They will thinking they are just showing affection but we'll know that they are dispensing medical assistance.
    But I do like the doggie collar leash idea.
    Hope that this is as pink as you get and that this will soon be all behind you.
    Stef

    Pammy-how do you do it?
    You're always so positive, for yourself and for others. Even when you're down, you've got a great attitude.

    Were you a cheerleader or something in high school? I think we should appoint you as the board's personal cheerleader. I'm working up a list right now of others who should join the squad.

    Speaking of school spirit, I'll let you in on a little secret: I always wanted to be a mascot, so I can hide behind a mask or, better yet, a full-body costume, and act like a fool without anyone knowing who's hiding inside. I was going to volunteer once, but realized that I probably needed to know something about sports to do it right---knowing me, I would probably cheer at the totally the wrong time and be booted off the field.
    dmc
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Bizarre.....there were so
    Bizarre.....there were so many tubes of "travel size" Aquaphor at my rads clinic, over 6 YEARS later I still have a "stash"~ how pathetic am I, anyway?? Don't you dare answer that!!!

    Welcome to the Burned Boobie Club

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    chenheart said:

    Bizarre.....there were so
    Bizarre.....there were so many tubes of "travel size" Aquaphor at my rads clinic, over 6 YEARS later I still have a "stash"~ how pathetic am I, anyway?? Don't you dare answer that!!!

    Welcome to the Burned Boobie Club

    Hugs,
    Claudia

    aquaphor--more than just a burn sauve...
    like you, Claudia, I have a stash, too. I use it in the winter here in the upper mid-west, with 9 months of winter I need something for chapped lips. Probably works for other things that might ail you, but as a lip balm? It works great!
    dmc
    PS
    I never understood why they give it to us in such small containers, I needed cold cream size jars of it during rads.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    dmc_emmy said:

    Pammy-how do you do it?
    You're always so positive, for yourself and for others. Even when you're down, you've got a great attitude.

    Were you a cheerleader or something in high school? I think we should appoint you as the board's personal cheerleader. I'm working up a list right now of others who should join the squad.

    Speaking of school spirit, I'll let you in on a little secret: I always wanted to be a mascot, so I can hide behind a mask or, better yet, a full-body costume, and act like a fool without anyone knowing who's hiding inside. I was going to volunteer once, but realized that I probably needed to know something about sports to do it right---knowing me, I would probably cheer at the totally the wrong time and be booted off the field.
    dmc

    A little secret...
    ...and tidbit about me! I was a majorette in high school. I use to twirl fire (2 batons at once!) at the football games, compition and lead all the parades in town. I STILL HAVE MY BATONS!!! Hubby won't let me play with them though. (geesh, he's sooooo protective!) Now you can start laughing....I didn't need to go through chemo, I set all my hair on fire once. Maybe my brain still has some smoke damage!! Pammy
  • carol41
    carol41 Member Posts: 25
    dmc_emmy said:

    aquaphor--more than just a burn sauve...
    like you, Claudia, I have a stash, too. I use it in the winter here in the upper mid-west, with 9 months of winter I need something for chapped lips. Probably works for other things that might ail you, but as a lip balm? It works great!
    dmc
    PS
    I never understood why they give it to us in such small containers, I needed cold cream size jars of it during rads.

    I'm right behind you --
    I'm right behind you -- today was day 10 and rosy isn't just a girl's name!!
    They suggested Aquaphor (never have seen any of the the tubes you guys mention)
    but I read the label and it is in a 41% petroleum base -- EGAD! They ARE trying
    to kill me!! My daughter, a nurse, brought me a jar of coconut oil. Oh my gosh!
    Can you imagine smelling coconut oil all day?? Since I had a reaction and rash
    from using Lubriderm, I haven't been able to use anything until yesterday.
    Tomorrow I'm going to try the vitamin E oil my other daughter brought me. Pray
    I don't just slide right off the table!!
    Praise God - only 25 more "treatments" to go.
    What other surprises do I have to look forward to???
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    chenheart said:

    Bizarre.....there were so
    Bizarre.....there were so many tubes of "travel size" Aquaphor at my rads clinic, over 6 YEARS later I still have a "stash"~ how pathetic am I, anyway?? Don't you dare answer that!!!

    Welcome to the Burned Boobie Club

    Hugs,
    Claudia

    Claudia, are you kidding me?
    Let's see, I have stashes of scented bars of hotel soap, shampoo and conditioner. Many travel size showercaps, q-tips, and lotions. Don't forget sugar packets, salt & pepper sticks, and jelly squares. Where did they all come from? My travels! Hubby wants to know why I keep them. My answer.....they would be great if we went camping! Last time we went camping....28 years ago.
    So, from one burned Boobie to another, Yep, we're pathetic!! LOL
    Pammy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    dmc_emmy said:

    Pammy-how do you do it?
    You're always so positive, for yourself and for others. Even when you're down, you've got a great attitude.

    Were you a cheerleader or something in high school? I think we should appoint you as the board's personal cheerleader. I'm working up a list right now of others who should join the squad.

    Speaking of school spirit, I'll let you in on a little secret: I always wanted to be a mascot, so I can hide behind a mask or, better yet, a full-body costume, and act like a fool without anyone knowing who's hiding inside. I was going to volunteer once, but realized that I probably needed to know something about sports to do it right---knowing me, I would probably cheer at the totally the wrong time and be booted off the field.
    dmc

    You brought back a
    You brought back a long-forgotten memory for me, dmc! I was raised in Germany on a military base. We had a local football team, and they would play other military base teams. And I was a cheerleader~ though not for long! A few games in, one of the coaches quizzed us about the rules and objectives and terminology of football. My dad was a baseball fan, and we never watched or cared about football in our house. My dad said that it didn't take an athlete to play football, just brawn and protective clothing! In our house it was about "Real Athletes", namely those who played baseball~ which of course, doesn't have cheerleaders. So....spirited and cute as I was, I didn't have a flippin clue about the game of football! Thus ended my career as a cheerleader~ for football, anyway! I tried out for the cheerleading squad on the basketball team, and changed sports! LOL No one quizzed me about basketball, I was smart enough to figure it out on my own, and I met my first heart-throb boyfriend! He was my b/f from 9th through 12 grade, and we are still in touch to this very day. And I still have never watched football! My mind goes into a daze of OH NO! as soon as football season starts! The good thing is, I get lots of books read during the season! I still don't know the terminology, rules or objectives. When Reggie tells me about some player, I look at him blankly..I generally have no clue who he's talking about and definitly not what team anyone is on! And yes, I still love baseball ( go Yankees!!!) and basketball!!!

    Hugs,
    Claudia
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    carol41 said:

    I'm right behind you --
    I'm right behind you -- today was day 10 and rosy isn't just a girl's name!!
    They suggested Aquaphor (never have seen any of the the tubes you guys mention)
    but I read the label and it is in a 41% petroleum base -- EGAD! They ARE trying
    to kill me!! My daughter, a nurse, brought me a jar of coconut oil. Oh my gosh!
    Can you imagine smelling coconut oil all day?? Since I had a reaction and rash
    from using Lubriderm, I haven't been able to use anything until yesterday.
    Tomorrow I'm going to try the vitamin E oil my other daughter brought me. Pray
    I don't just slide right off the table!!
    Praise God - only 25 more "treatments" to go.
    What other surprises do I have to look forward to???

    Well, my tech...
    sang Elvis love songs to me. How special is that?! Oh, did I tell you about the ceiling panels that didn't match up and how that drove me totally insane for all of my 36 treatments? Now, that's the sign of a true obsessive compulsive. I even told the nurses about it and they told me that they would tell the construction crew when they did their renovations--I think they were just consoling me. What do you think? Maybe I should go check it out.
    dmc
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    You forgot
    bedstand, desk drawer , and bookshelf, silly girl. ♥ xoxoxo Lynn
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Akiss4me said:

    Claudia, are you kidding me?
    Let's see, I have stashes of scented bars of hotel soap, shampoo and conditioner. Many travel size showercaps, q-tips, and lotions. Don't forget sugar packets, salt & pepper sticks, and jelly squares. Where did they all come from? My travels! Hubby wants to know why I keep them. My answer.....they would be great if we went camping! Last time we went camping....28 years ago.
    So, from one burned Boobie to another, Yep, we're pathetic!! LOL
    Pammy

    Who uses shower caps in the shower?
    In my house they are......bowl covers! ♥ xoxoxo Lynn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    lynn1950 said:

    Who uses shower caps in the shower?
    In my house they are......bowl covers! ♥ xoxoxo Lynn

    One of the hotels Reggie and
    One of the hotels Reggie and I stay at have nice, round, oatmeal soap which I just LOVE...I don't even want to leave the opened ones behind when we go home~ that's when those shower caps come in handy! Instant "saran wrap"!

    Hugs,

    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    lynn1950 said:

    Who uses shower caps in the shower?
    In my house they are......bowl covers! ♥ xoxoxo Lynn

    Towels, and Ashtrays, and Bathrobes, oh my!!
    I would be better off taking the Bible that those generous Gideons leave....

    I'm kidding!I don't really take any of that stuff~ just the toiletries. Even if they are on housekeepers cart in the hallway! HA HA HA!

    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Akiss4me said:

    A little secret...
    ...and tidbit about me! I was a majorette in high school. I use to twirl fire (2 batons at once!) at the football games, compition and lead all the parades in town. I STILL HAVE MY BATONS!!! Hubby won't let me play with them though. (geesh, he's sooooo protective!) Now you can start laughing....I didn't need to go through chemo, I set all my hair on fire once. Maybe my brain still has some smoke damage!! Pammy

    Another forgotten memory.
    Another forgotten memory. My best friend twirled fire batons. She can still twirl but she doesn't do fire. But she told me that at one practice she set her cut offs on fire. Someone ran to turn on the garden hose but she had those jeans off in nothing flat.
    But she set her hair on fire. Thanks for the good memory.
    Stef