Day 7 of Pammy's Rads

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Darn, I think unless I go in 1/2 early at least, I will not get a chance to meet anyone. As soon as I get there, they are always ready for me. And there was actually someone sitting in the waiting room this time!
Today seemed sorta like "routine" and I found myself counting the zaps. I would have a 16 second zap, a pause, and an 8 second zap. Then the machine would roll around and it would start all over on the opposite side of my left breast. I would have a 16 second zap, a pause, and an 8 second zap.
I was actually pretty proud of myself that I had figured out I actually only laid there for 48 seconds worth of zapping. Not even a whole minute!! When I mentioned this to my tech, she smiled and proceded to inform me that it will be different every day but that I will always recieve the same dosage.
There are factors such as the temperature in the room and how long it takes to heat up, how many times that day it was used, at what rate it is rotating, etc, etc.....
To which I responded "huuh?" Well, there goes that theroy out the window. Or I should say into space since there are no windows in the room! Plus we are in the basement of the hospital. Hmmmmm.....maybe tomorrow I can lay there and figure out how one would escape without being caught should they decide they wanted to!! :) Pammy

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Rad # 7...but who's counting???
    Wow, Pammy, do we really only have 25 more installments of reading about you not meeting anyone, and an entire 48 seconds of zapping?? LOL Whatever will we do when you are finished?
    Ya know, for something that is taking less than a minute (undressing and re-dressing not included) you have a way of making it incredibly interesting~I felt it must have taken at least TWICE that long! You are one prolific writer, girlfriend! I only hope that I am as g.ifted as you are, and that you are seeing the sardonic humor in this post and that you are laughing! If not, well, I will have to hone my writing skills in the fine art of the written apology !! :-)

Hugs, and maybe next time you will meet someone really interesting and compare tattoos,
    Claudia
  • Kayla1
    Kayla1 Member Posts: 101
    Options
    chenheart said:

Wow, Pammy, do we really only have 25 more installments of reading about you not meeting anyone, and an entire 48 seconds of zapping?? LOL Whatever will we do when you are finished?
    Ya know, for something that is taking less than a minute (undressing and re-dressing not included) you have a way of making it incredibly interesting~I felt it must have taken at least TWICE that long! You are one prolific writer, girlfriend! I only hope that I am as g.ifted as you are, and that you are seeing the sardonic humor in this post and that you are laughing! If not, well, I will have to hone my writing skills in the fine art of the written apology !! :-)

Hugs, and maybe next time you will meet someone really interesting and compare tattoos,
    Claudia

Pammy,
    You are the best,

Pammy,
    You are the best, LOL! I do certainly hope you meet someone soon.
    K
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    chenheart said:

Claudia

LOL!!!
    ummm.....well, actually Claudia, there will be 29 more installments!! Urgggg!! That can't be right! Let me re-count......nope, can't make the math come out any different!! Definately 29 more to go. However, if I had a good book to read, by a very good writer, I may pick up some pointers along the way.
    Hmmmm.....maybe that's why my zaps are so short, since I have to go so long? Not fair!!(Sung to the tune of 29 bottles of beer on the wall!)....29 days of rads to go....29 days to goooooo....get 1 done, have some fun.....28 days of rads to go!! (repeat with 1 less!!) :) Pammy
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

LOL!!!
    ummm.....well, actually Claudia, there will be 29 more installments!! Urgggg!! That can't be right! Let me re-count......nope, can't make the math come out any different!! Definately 29 more to go. However, if I had a good book to read, by a very good writer, I may pick up some pointers along the way.
    Hmmmm.....maybe that's why my zaps are so short, since I have to go so long? Not fair!!(Sung to the tune of 29 bottles of beer on the wall!)....29 days of rads to go....29 days to goooooo....get 1 done, have some fun.....28 days of rads to go!! (repeat with 1 less!!) :) Pammy

You are so funny pammy. I
    You are so funny pammy. I love your positive attitude through all your stuff. Take care and keep that smile!

laura