Can't Sleep tonight

Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my second treatment yesterday and the shot today. Slept a little tonight now I am wide awake. Also today while hubby and I were driving to hospital, and I need that air going on high. My hair started blowing all over the car. On me,on him you would have thought I had the dog in the car. I ran my fingers through my hair and well here it comes. When we got home I asked my son to do the dirty deed, and he did. A lot of crying. Reality again, I am sick, and now I look it. Both son and hubby said " you don't look bad at all " but I know I do. Scare myself everytime I look in the mirror. I must say though with the hot spell's I get it much cooler. I am not sick yet here, maybe by morning like the last time, but just can't sleep well tonight. Yes I have the drugs, but not working tonight. Doc told me that I will have 2 more treatments of this AC every two weeks and then Taxol & hercipitin for 12 weeks every week and then continue with hercepitin until we reach 52 weeks. Then Rads for 6 weeks. Was asked to do a study,have to read more about it, but from what I understand it would be used with the herceptin. Drug is being currently being used with advanced breat cancer and showing good results, so they want to see if it helps people like me. I could babble all night night here and bore ya all to death, so will close this. Goodnight, its so nice to have a place to vent.
Kathy
«1

Comments

  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    I hope it gets better for
    I hope it gets better for you.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    elm3544 said:

    I hope it gets better for
    I hope it gets better for you.

    Awww
    Here's hoping you are feeling a bit happier. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Kat
    Sounds like you and I were awake at the same time. I had my second treatment of ac last friday and I shaved my head on monday. I totally know how you feel. I dont even look like me anymore and I sure dont feel like me. I took my sleeping pill at 9:30 and it only works about 6 hours then I am awake with my bounding heart rate. Its not all that fast but it just pounds and thats all I can feel. I am so tired. I have to go to work at 10 am and its 6:30 am. I prayed I cried in fact I sobbed. Im calling the doctor in the am cuz 4 weeks of paxil and I am still screwed up. I took lorazepam too so lucky I have a short day. If I dont feel good enough I wont go. I have 2 more treatments of ac every 2 wks then taxol and herceptin every 2 weeks for 4 cycles then herceptin every 3 wks for a year. YOu know I feel so useless to everyone. I am no wife to my husband who recently lost his job at gm. My 18 year old is supposed to go to college in the fall and the school dropped his major. He just had his wisdow teeth out tues. Im a nurse and dont even know what antibiotic he is taking let alone if he is taking it. Being a mom is all I ever wanted to be and it breaks my heart that I havent been there for him in the recent months. I just need some peace of mind. Thanks for being there
    Linda T
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    mlmjt1 said:

    Hi Kat
    Sounds like you and I were awake at the same time. I had my second treatment of ac last friday and I shaved my head on monday. I totally know how you feel. I dont even look like me anymore and I sure dont feel like me. I took my sleeping pill at 9:30 and it only works about 6 hours then I am awake with my bounding heart rate. Its not all that fast but it just pounds and thats all I can feel. I am so tired. I have to go to work at 10 am and its 6:30 am. I prayed I cried in fact I sobbed. Im calling the doctor in the am cuz 4 weeks of paxil and I am still screwed up. I took lorazepam too so lucky I have a short day. If I dont feel good enough I wont go. I have 2 more treatments of ac every 2 wks then taxol and herceptin every 2 weeks for 4 cycles then herceptin every 3 wks for a year. YOu know I feel so useless to everyone. I am no wife to my husband who recently lost his job at gm. My 18 year old is supposed to go to college in the fall and the school dropped his major. He just had his wisdow teeth out tues. Im a nurse and dont even know what antibiotic he is taking let alone if he is taking it. Being a mom is all I ever wanted to be and it breaks my heart that I havent been there for him in the recent months. I just need some peace of mind. Thanks for being there
    Linda T

    I think
    I think it is the steroids that gets us wound up and can't sleep. I have always had a hard time sleeping the day before, day of and the day after because of the steroids even though my oncologist cut mine way down. Now that I am no longer having chemo-yesterday my last--as everyone knows already--I will hopefully only have tonight where I don't sleep much and then tomorrow evening I will crash and crash hard.

    I wish everyone who is going through chemo and rads right now good luck.

    Margo
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Kat, I am so sorry. It must
    Kat, I am so sorry. It must have been so emotional to have your hair come out and then to shave it. I can't imagine. And, you can't sleep and you just don't feel good. You never bore us to death. We have missed you. Please post as often as you feel like it. We are here for you always!

    Hugs, Kylez
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Kat
    Kathy, I am truly so sorry. I wish that this wasn't happening to you.

    It is just so much all at once and you weren't prepared for it. But, just know that your

    hair will come back and the chemo will end. And, you will do fine with rads. I will help

    you in anyway that I can with advice or hints. You just take care of yourself, post when you

    feel like it to update us on how you are doing. I miss seeing you post. Take care and vent

    on here whenever you want!

    Love, Jeanne
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    So Sorry
    Aw Kathy, Chemo does suck and the steroids do pump us up to pull all-nighters when we least want to. But this is the CURE, not the disease and you will get better. You can do this and you get yourself back eventually. Really. Would I lie? Never, ask my kids. My best wishes that you feel better soon (you will). xoxoxo Lynn
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    KAT
    Sorry to hear that you are having sleepless nights. I am on the same treatment plan as you. I just had my last treatment of AC yesterday. I was also awake most of the night. I get the pounding heart usually a couple of days after treatments, so the doc said it is side effects. I will have another echocardiagram on Tuesday to check the heart. I hope things get better for you, and they will!! Diane
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    lynn1950 said:

    So Sorry
    Aw Kathy, Chemo does suck and the steroids do pump us up to pull all-nighters when we least want to. But this is the CURE, not the disease and you will get better. You can do this and you get yourself back eventually. Really. Would I lie? Never, ask my kids. My best wishes that you feel better soon (you will). xoxoxo Lynn

    So sorry Kat
    Kat, so sorry for what you are going thru. But, you can and will get thru this and then you

    will have a full and wonderful life to live, free of the beast! So happy that you got to go

    on vacation before you started this. I hope that helped you some. Keeping you in my thoughts

    and prayers always!

    Hugs, Kristin
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    chickad52 said:

    KAT
    Sorry to hear that you are having sleepless nights. I am on the same treatment plan as you. I just had my last treatment of AC yesterday. I was also awake most of the night. I get the pounding heart usually a couple of days after treatments, so the doc said it is side effects. I will have another echocardiagram on Tuesday to check the heart. I hope things get better for you, and they will!! Diane

    I am so sorry Kat! I hope
    I am so sorry Kat! I hope that everything gets better for you soon!

    Hugs, Lex
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Alexis F said:

    I am so sorry Kat! I hope
    I am so sorry Kat! I hope that everything gets better for you soon!

    Hugs, Lex

    (((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))
    Kat, I am sending you lots of big hugs! I pray that it all gets better for you very, very soon!

    Hugs, Noel
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Noel said:

    (((((((((( HUGS ))))))))))
    Kat, I am sending you lots of big hugs! I pray that it all gets better for you very, very soon!

    Hugs, Noel

    Sorry about your hair Kat.
    Sorry about your hair Kat. But, it will grow back! And, sorry your treatments are so hard on you. I pray that you feel better! I just finished rads and I know it is NOTHING in comparison to what you and the other bc survivors go thru with chemo. I feel really bad for you. I will send you positive thoughts and hugs!

    Diane :)
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Kat.....
    Hang in there sweetie! Chemo is NO FUN! But it is not forever.

    I found the the very best thing was to come here for reassurance and love. You aren't alone Kat, we are all here for you, just as you have been here for so many others.

    It will get better...

    Hugs,

    CR
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    CR1954 said:

    Kat.....
    Hang in there sweetie! Chemo is NO FUN! But it is not forever.

    I found the the very best thing was to come here for reassurance and love. You aren't alone Kat, we are all here for you, just as you have been here for so many others.

    It will get better...

    Hugs,

    CR

    Kat
    You are in my prayers. I remember how I felt when my hair started falling out. I felt ugly and thought I looked freakish. I got over that but had to wear a wig and scarves during the winter. Now its growing back and I can't wait to see how it shapes up, if its as different as everyone says it will be. Its still silver and gray, so I know I'm not a blonde! Take heart, we know how you feel and we care.
    Pat
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Bless your son...
    What a wonderful son to do that for you!! It seems like a long time for treatment when you look ahead, but I found that looking back and what is behind me is so much more tolerable and feels like I have conqured sooooo much!! Usually I am up all night long, but hubby wore me out yesterday (Tsk, tsk....what were YOU thinking? haha ) running erands in between my appointments that I actually got to bed by 10:00pm (to sleep!). Hope looking at yourself becomes easier and you find that you will get through it! We will be right here with you!! :) Pammy
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Akiss4me said:

    Bless your son...
    What a wonderful son to do that for you!! It seems like a long time for treatment when you look ahead, but I found that looking back and what is behind me is so much more tolerable and feels like I have conqured sooooo much!! Usually I am up all night long, but hubby wore me out yesterday (Tsk, tsk....what were YOU thinking? haha ) running erands in between my appointments that I actually got to bed by 10:00pm (to sleep!). Hope looking at yourself becomes easier and you find that you will get through it! We will be right here with you!! :) Pammy

    Hey Kat, can you take
    Hey Kat, can you take sleeping pills? I didn't know if you could or not. If you can, you might try asking for some so that you can get some sleep.

    Hugs, Kristin
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Kristin N said:

    Hey Kat, can you take
    Hey Kat, can you take sleeping pills? I didn't know if you could or not. If you can, you might try asking for some so that you can get some sleep.

    Hugs, Kristin

    Kat, I am sorry about your
    Kat, I am sorry about your hair and your bad day. I pray they get better for you! And, I hope you will be able to get some sleep soon!

    Hugs, Leeza
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    jnl said:

    Kat, I am sorry about your
    Kat, I am sorry about your hair and your bad day. I pray they get better for you! And, I hope you will be able to get some sleep soon!

    Hugs, Leeza

    Praying You Get a Good Night Sleep Tonight
    Really sorry you've had such a hard time of it lately, I have you in my thoughts and prayers, once you get some sleep, you'll feel a whole lot better. I hope.

    God Bless you

    Aurora
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

    Praying You Get a Good Night Sleep Tonight
    Really sorry you've had such a hard time of it lately, I have you in my thoughts and prayers, once you get some sleep, you'll feel a whole lot better. I hope.

    God Bless you

    Aurora

    Hope you are feeling better
    Hope you are feeling better today!

    Hugs, Susie
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    susie09 said:

    Hope you are feeling better
    Hope you are feeling better today!

    Hugs, Susie

    Kat, are you feeling any
    Kat, are you feeling any better? Did you get some rest?