Pammy's New Clothes...?

Options
tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Pammy (Akiss4Me)recently asked in another thread what clothes could be worn Bra-less after Rads?

A Burka! Turquoise of course. Kaftan, again Turquoise, Kimono..I have a nice turquoise one I can lend you!.. You could always 'Go Native'.

Seriously though, I had a very extreme lumpectomy and after rads was glad of a really supportive Bra to stop the underside becoming a Sweat-Trap.... It was one of them 'Over The Shoulder, Boulder Holder' Type bras'..Really held me up, I stuffed a silk scarf down it too, just to help a bit.

There's always the XXXL mans shirt. Or ceremonial robes like the Hare Krishnas..Just don't go for Orange though, would completely clash with your skin tone Pammy. Dah-ling!...You'd have the Fashion Police there straight away. (I'd send them LOL)

Anyway, hope this helps. Know it won't, Luv Jxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I can see Trini and Susannah
    I can see Trini and Susannah on their way to you right now, Tash! LOL Fashion police, indeed! The suggestions you gave were really good ones...it is always a guessing game as to what will work, what will feel good/look good.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Thanks every
    Thanks every one for the suggestions. Every thing I owned definitly needed to be worn with a bra. I heard if you burn that a bra is very irrating to wear. Didn't want to go out in public being very noticable that I wasn't wearing one. LOL :) Pammy
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks every
    Thanks every one for the suggestions. Every thing I owned definitly needed to be worn with a bra. I heard if you burn that a bra is very irrating to wear. Didn't want to go out in public being very noticable that I wasn't wearing one. LOL :) Pammy

Pammy
    I don't know about you but....THERE IS NO WAY I COULD WEAR A BRA!! not during rads anyway and i am still healing and bet it will be a month or so before i get a bra or prosthesis on.. i have come to except it, even though my girl that is left is large, i really don't care what people think..(they shouldn't be looking that close anyway) plus i have hair that looks like a crew-cut. as long as i have a smile in my eyes and on my face, i think i look good!
    hugs, jackie
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    rjjj said:

Pammy
    I don't know about you but....THERE IS NO WAY I COULD WEAR A BRA!! not during rads anyway and i am still healing and bet it will be a month or so before i get a bra or prosthesis on.. i have come to except it, even though my girl that is left is large, i really don't care what people think..(they shouldn't be looking that close anyway) plus i have hair that looks like a crew-cut. as long as i have a smile in my eyes and on my face, i think i look good!
    hugs, jackie

I didn't have a problem

I didn't have a problem wearing a bra when I had my lumpectomy and radiation. It really does show that everyone reacts differently.

I wasn't able to wear a bra with the DIEP reconstruction this year (to protect the blood supply): camis and tank tops with shelf bras were recommended, and then I wore a cotton shirt it. It could be a button shirt or a loose-fitting shirt.

Joyce
  • Kayla1
    Kayla1 Member Posts: 101
    Options
    jk1952 said:

I didn't have a problem

I didn't have a problem wearing a bra when I had my lumpectomy and radiation. It really does show that everyone reacts differently.

I wasn't able to wear a bra with the DIEP reconstruction this year (to protect the blood supply): camis and tank tops with shelf bras were recommended, and then I wore a cotton shirt it. It could be a button shirt or a loose-fitting shirt.

Joyce

Pammy,
    I'm sorry I can't

Pammy,
    I'm sorry I can't help just yet, I'm on second chemo treatment and will not be starting radiation until September. I do have a sister-in-law that said wearing a tea-shirt under her bra really helped prevent rubbing. She had radiation burns really bad.
    I wish you luck!
    K
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Cotton T-shirts and no bra
    I know this sounds dull, but I had radiation beginning a year ago last September and cotton T-shirts (didn't even need to be that big) were really comfortable. Lynn Oh, yeah, no bra. I didn't wear a bra because I had a double mastectomy. What a blessing.