Options
2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Hi Allison
    Just for the record, my drains were in for about 10 days. They were annoying, but not horrible (my bilat. mast & recon was almost 6 wks. ago).
    I just turned 54 June 8, so we're about the same age.

Good luck this week. Stay busy, keep breathing, and try not to worry...and get lots of sleep (and if you're having problems sleeping, tell your doctor; mine prescribed an anti-anxiety med that did the trick!)

Take care,
    Debi

Hi Allison! I just want to
    Hi Allison! I just want to wish you good luck with your surgery. I had a lumpectomy, but, it looks like others are helping you with your questions. Keep us posted when you can!
    Hugs, Leeza
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

home after surgery
    Thank you Kim, for all the tips. It is a big big help to have some advice from people who have been there.
    Thank you again,
    Alison

Hi Alison. I can't give you
    Hi Alison. I can't give you any tips as I had a lumpectomy, but, want to say hi and to wish

you the best of luck! Please keep us updated when you can!
  • arbojenn
    arbojenn Member Posts: 118
    Options
    So sorry
    So sorry, Allison!
    I am new on here, too, and not a very good member, I think, as I am in and out and do not check or post regularly. I cannot offer as much good advice as the others, but I can offer my support.

Do you know your hormone markers yet? Will you be getting rads and/or endocrine or chemotherapy? So much has changed and improved in the last ten years since my first diagnosis! (I have recurrent: had mastectomy, chemo, endocrine, for a stage II.) Are you going to have reconstruction? Are you able to take the time to consider everything? I am glad your husband is there for you: the support our men give us is so important!

It is scary. That feeling goes away as you gain more knowledge about your particular situation. We are all different and no two have the same story. With knowledge comes power, and that feeling that you do have some measure of control helps allay the fear. I will watch to see how it goes with you, so please let us know.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Thank You
    I'v been in recluse for a "few" days, I cried when I read all the posts, wow! All my scans came back good so there is no apparent spread. My bilat surgery is scheduled for friday. I very aware that this is the last Sunday I will have with these breasts. My husband and I are just not sure, in real life, what to get or do, to prepare for when I come home. I quit smoking for the rest of my life, 9 day ago. Grrrr....grrrr. I would love to hear back from you.
    God Bless,
    Alison

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    Alison, great job on the quitting smoking! I know it is not easy, I quit 28 days ago after smoking for 35 years! But who's counting?......MEEEEEEEEEE!!! I want to do something special for making it 30 days, but haven't decided what yet. It's a great feeling once you get past that first two weeks. And I feel sooooooo much better even though I have cancer...how weird is that? So keep up the great job, stick to it, and go ahead...pat yourself on the back with little rewards...."your worth it"!! (Shhhhh.....I stole that line from the hair color commercial!!) :) Pammy
  • jgridley
    jgridley Member Posts: 169
    Options
    allison
    Allison, believe me what you and hubby are feeling is normal! we were both scared to death.
    if you want away to take your mind off things, read chapters one-four from pammy... it will have you on the edge of your seat.

Julie
  • Alison Webb
    Alison Webb Member Posts: 13
    Options
    tank top
    Hi, thanks for the tips. You helped. Where did you get the tank top?
  • Alison Webb
    Alison Webb Member Posts: 13
    Options
    jgridley said:

allison
    Allison, believe me what you and hubby are feeling is normal! we were both scared to death.
    if you want away to take your mind off things, read chapters one-four from pammy... it will have you on the edge of your seat.

Julie

Where?
    Where are chapters from pammy?
  • confused123
    confused123 Member Posts: 251
    Options
    tank top
    I was lucky and someone from the place that sells them brought me one. I go to a breast cahre center that has a place that sells stuff like the mastectomy tanks and other things. I would ask the doc or google them. Hope you find one. I think the big hospitals have stores in them that sell things like that also. Not sure where you are from but the one I got is in Mass.
    Kim
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Where?
    Where are chapters from pammy?

I will bump them for you :)
    I'll bump them so you can find them easier.... chapter 6 will be on it's way shortly :) Pammy