'Fess up Time

Options
2»

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Tasha....
    You do not owe anyone an explanation, you only owe it to yourself to enjoy the time with your son. As a mother I imagine how hard it must be for you not to have him near....make memories for both of you (lot's of them!). :) Pammy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Judge you?
    Dear J: First off, this is a place free of judgment of any kind. Second - judge you for WHAT, anyway? Because your wonderful son lives with his Dad in England? SO? This is the 21st century, dear J - 2009 in case you haven't noticed. Families comes in all shapes, sizes, and circumstances. Many, many families are far flung across the planet, for whatever reason.

I'm simply THRILLED for you, and him, for his upcoming months long visit.

For a growing 15 year old young man - yeah, it's not about Retail Therapy. It's ALL about Food Therapy. And, you'll get to show him around at your new beloved job; and, show him off to them there!

Happy for you, J. :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

She's called me a
    daft sod too,can I join the club?

The Daft Sod Club
    OK, including outdoorgirl - now, we're 4.

Kind regards, Susan
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Tasha....
    You do not owe anyone an explanation, you only owe it to yourself to enjoy the time with your son. As a mother I imagine how hard it must be for you not to have him near....make memories for both of you (lot's of them!). :) Pammy

No judgement here
    Tasha,

Enjoy your time with your son. I have a fifteen year old boy also. You are right about stocking up on food for him, just make sure that you have alot of it. My son eats constantly and it seems like he is always hungry. Just be sure not to get too overprotective of him, I embarrass my son when we go places together and I see the girls that are checking out my little baby. I just want to scream can't you see he is with his mom right now. Anyway I hope you have a great time with your son. Love surf
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options

No judgement here
    Tasha,

Enjoy your time with your son. I have a fifteen year old boy also. You are right about stocking up on food for him, just make sure that you have alot of it. My son eats constantly and it seems like he is always hungry. Just be sure not to get too overprotective of him, I embarrass my son when we go places together and I see the girls that are checking out my little baby. I just want to scream can't you see he is with his mom right now. Anyway I hope you have a great time with your son. Love surf

Just enjoy!!!!!!!!!
    Believe it or not, I've made some less than perfect decisions in my life, too! And they included my first daughter (she lived with her Dad from the ages of 9-14, after our divorce, and then made the move to live with me). There are so many things I've done wrong, so many regrets, so many bad decisions. But, that's life. You do the best you can at the moment. Now I live in Montana, and she's still in Colorado -- she was diagnosed with MS a few years ago, and although she's doing well on clinical trial drugs, I miss her and her kids so much.

But I have a daughter here, too....well, enough of this, the point is that there's no place for judgment in our lives. We shouldn't judge ourselves or others! And this is THE best place I've found for people who absolutely believe in those standards.

Sooooooo....have a fantastic, splendid, glorious, delightful time with your Jamie, spoil him all you want, and enjoy every second you're together. You both deserve all the happiness you can grab.

Love ya, you daft sod (just had to use that!),
    Debi
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Enjoy every single moment
    Enjoy every single moment with him J, what could be better? Spoil him, enjoy him, and love him to death for the 2 months he'll be with you. Life is too short to worry about anything else. Hugs, Lili
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    bfbear said:

Just enjoy!!!!!!!!!
    Believe it or not, I've made some less than perfect decisions in my life, too! And they included my first daughter (she lived with her Dad from the ages of 9-14, after our divorce, and then made the move to live with me). There are so many things I've done wrong, so many regrets, so many bad decisions. But, that's life. You do the best you can at the moment. Now I live in Montana, and she's still in Colorado -- she was diagnosed with MS a few years ago, and although she's doing well on clinical trial drugs, I miss her and her kids so much.

But I have a daughter here, too....well, enough of this, the point is that there's no place for judgment in our lives. We shouldn't judge ourselves or others! And this is THE best place I've found for people who absolutely believe in those standards.

Sooooooo....have a fantastic, splendid, glorious, delightful time with your Jamie, spoil him all you want, and enjoy every second you're together. You both deserve all the happiness you can grab.

Love ya, you daft sod (just had to use that!),
    Debi

Debi - Welcome to The Daft Sod Club!
    Now, there are FIVE of us!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Enjoy every single moment
    Enjoy every single moment with him J, what could be better? Spoil him, enjoy him, and love him to death for the 2 months he'll be with you. Life is too short to worry about anything else. Hugs, Lili

Tasha, just enjoy your visit
    Tasha, just enjoy your visit with your son. That time will go by too quickly. And, I guess things are better with your live in? Glad if it is.
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Options
    O that is so wonderful, what
    O that is so wonderful, what a great summer you are going to have.

I hope you can find all his treats for him.

I know when we go back to Gulfport, MS for a visit we always have to get bottled Barq's and go to Taco Sombrero and Lil Ray's Po boys for our back home taste.