Options
2»

Comments

• bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hi Jeanne
    Hey girl, I heard you were gone...to a romantic secluded hide-away complete with fireplace AND central air! lol
    The rads seem pretty easy right now. Did you have side-effects? or burning?
    I am so happy for you that you are done and are going forward with such a wonderful start! love, Jackie

welcome back, fellow MT gal
    Hi Jackie,

So glad you're home and happy to be there. I've been real impressed with ACS, too, and because of that I am actually going to captain a team in our local Relay for Life in July (the kick-off is this week in my little town).

The weather in the Flathead is gorgeous. I hope it is where you are, too!

Much love and gentle hugs,
    Debi
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

welcome back, fellow MT gal
    Hi Jackie,

So glad you're home and happy to be there. I've been real impressed with ACS, too, and because of that I am actually going to captain a team in our local Relay for Life in July (the kick-off is this week in my little town).

The weather in the Flathead is gorgeous. I hope it is where you are, too!

Much love and gentle hugs,
    Debi

Welcome home Jackie! I am
    Welcome home Jackie! I am glad that you can go home on the weekends. But, maybe with your staying in a motel, you can rest and relax, with nothing to do? Enjoy your weekend off!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Welcome Home, Jackie
    It is good to be home. Like you now , I spent last summer "commuting." Take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest. Love, Lynn
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hi Jeanne
    Hey girl, I heard you were gone...to a romantic secluded hide-away complete with fireplace AND central air! lol
    The rads seem pretty easy right now. Did you have side-effects? or burning?
    I am so happy for you that you are done and are going forward with such a wonderful start! love, Jackie

I am glad the rads are easy
    I am glad the rads are easy for you Jackie! I hope that it stays that way for you! Yes, I had side effects. It seems I had more rads than anyone on here, and, I don't know why. hmmmmmmmmm I had 37 rad treatments, 25 to the whole side and then the 12 boosters to the incision area and some surrounding area. The boosters are where I got burnt and blistered. And, that was after I was done with rads. With the regular rads, I got a lil pink near my collarbone and between my boobs about the 5th week. My main problem was that I got what they called radiation dermatitis, where I had little red itchy bumps. They were awful. When I had radiation the first time with bc years ago, I only had 25 rad treatments and got burnt the final week. I hope you sail thru with no side effects! love, jeanne
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Welcome Home, Jackie
    It is good to be home. Like you now , I spent last summer "commuting." Take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest. Love, Lynn

Glad U R home
    And take the tootsie-meister with you next time for good company while having treatment. My little tootsie~meister was such a love, and cuddler for me.
    Thinking of you.
    Melanie
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options

Glad U R home
    And take the tootsie-meister with you next time for good company while having treatment. My little tootsie~meister was such a love, and cuddler for me.
    Thinking of you.
    Melanie

Welcome home
    Have a great weekend at home. I'm glad it's going well.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Welcome home Jackie....
    I'm so glad that ACS has been such a help to you. I know that they have been so wonderful to me!

You are absolutely right! There is no place like home!! Always a relief to walk theough the door!

Hugs,
    CR
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Welcome home Jackie....
    I'm so glad that ACS has been such a help to you. I know that they have been so wonderful to me!

You are absolutely right! There is no place like home!! Always a relief to walk theough the door!

Hugs,
    CR

Thank you all for your welcome home
    I feel like I am at home with you all here..also i couldn't wait to get back here and see how you all were doing. I will be leaving tomorrow again early, and my biggest fear is not radiation but trying to find my way around. I am used to driving in little country towns like mine and can just see me going down a one-way street!!Yipes!! My hubby is thinking of taking me up there going back home and then again to pick me up! That is so much extra driving. I told him I have to learn some time and i will. I don't think he believes me!lol!
    I love you all bunches and Thanks for always being here for me.
    God Bless
    Jackie
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    Good luck this week Jackie!
    Good luck this week Jackie! You can do it! Did you see the post on here where I told you about my rads experience with side effects? I thought you might have missed it. Be careful Jackie and know that we all love you!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

I am glad the rads are easy
    I am glad the rads are easy for you Jackie! I hope that it stays that way for you! Yes, I had side effects. It seems I had more rads than anyone on here, and, I don't know why. hmmmmmmmmm I had 37 rad treatments, 25 to the whole side and then the 12 boosters to the incision area and some surrounding area. The boosters are where I got burnt and blistered. And, that was after I was done with rads. With the regular rads, I got a lil pink near my collarbone and between my boobs about the 5th week. My main problem was that I got what they called radiation dermatitis, where I had little red itchy bumps. They were awful. When I had radiation the first time with bc years ago, I only had 25 rad treatments and got burnt the final week. I hope you sail thru with no side effects! love, jeanne

Jeanne
    What did you use for the radiation dermatitis? Is it cleared up now? andwhat ointments did they recommend. My Dr. said Bag=balm, vit. E oil and aquafer. Thanks Jeanne.
    hugs
    Jackie
  • Kit1018
    Kit1018 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Good luck this week Jackie!
    Good luck this week Jackie! You can do it! Did you see the post on here where I told you about my rads experience with side effects? I thought you might have missed it. Be careful Jackie and know that we all love you!

welcome home

welcome home
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    rjjj said:

Jeanne
    What did you use for the radiation dermatitis? Is it cleared up now? andwhat ointments did they recommend. My Dr. said Bag=balm, vit. E oil and aquafer. Thanks Jeanne.
    hugs
    Jackie

Hi Jackie!
    For the radiation dermatitis, I used otc hydrocortisone at first, then otc benadryl and finally got a prescription for Triamcinolone Acetonide which helped me the most. I read about it on another site and it worked the best for me. Like I said, the radiation dermatitis was worse for me than any burning because it itched so bad and if you itched it, it just made it worse. :( And, inre to ointments, they gave me a prescription for Biafine which helped a lot and I also used later on in my treatments Aquaphor at night only. The reason I used Aquaphor at night only is because it is like petroleum jelly and it will stain anything you wear and it is very messy. So, I used both Biafine and Aquaphor at night. My radiation oncologist was strict inre to what I could use. He said no to Vitamin E for me and no to aloe vera. But, like I said, I only burnt around my collar bone towards the 5th week and in between my boobies and burnt the worst after the boosters right on my boob and around it. :( And, the radiation dermatitis cleared up after I finished radiation. Not everyone gets it. I didn't the first time I had radiation, but, this time I did. I hope you don't get it Jackie! Hope this helps you! Ask me anything!!!!!!
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

I feel like I am at home with you all here..also i couldn't wait to get back here and see how you all were doing. I will be leaving tomorrow again early, and my biggest fear is not radiation but trying to find my way around. I am used to driving in little country towns like mine and can just see me going down a one-way street!!Yipes!! My hubby is thinking of taking me up there going back home and then again to pick me up! That is so much extra driving. I told him I have to learn some time and i will. I don't think he believes me!lol!
    God Bless
    Jackie

Jackie, I........
    I had to drive to, and IN the big city every day for my rads....an hour commute each way, in traffic that I was sooo not used to! And to make it worse, my husband showed me two different ways to get there and then I didn't know which way to go! I was so confused the first couple of times!

You can do it! You will be an old pro at finding your way around in no time!

Have a safe trip back and check in here the minute you get back next weekend!

CR
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

God Bless
    Jackie

Hey, Jackie...
    As always, will be thinking of you... Wishing you safe travels back and forth for the continuation of your rads. And, looking forward to your posts when you're home again.

Don't forget the bag balm, just in case you need it! :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    rjjj said:

Jeanne
    hugs
    Jackie

What is bag balm? I started
    What is bag balm? I started radiation but that wasn't mentioned to me. I am just using the Biafine even though I'm not burnt. thanks
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    HOME
    Hi Jackie, sure have missed seeing you here! Glad to hear ACS has been so helpful to you as I am sure it makes things much easier for you. For me HOME is the best medicine for what ails you. Keep us updated you are in thoughts!

RE