Wow, I'm shocked!

Options
Eil4186
Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a day or two and after logging on just now, I am shocked to read the posts about Kourtnee. I was just visiting a friend yesterday and asking her to pray for her(Kourtnee) and Melody. I have been praying for Kourtnee and thinking about her and my friend was very concerned--even shedding tears. Now I feel really embarrassed telling her I was all wrong about this person.

I am just really shocked and don't quite know what to think. I just can't imagine doing what she has done. I think I will still say a pray for this girl because she obviously is very unhappy and/or lonely.

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Eil
    I don't know what to believe, I really want to believe in this girl but I am a bit gun-shy at the moment. I just can't bring myself to say anything rotton to her because, like you said, I am shocked and can't believe this. Let's hope she is OK. Jxxxxxxxx
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Eil
    I don't know what to believe, I really want to believe in this girl but I am a bit gun-shy at the moment. I just can't bring myself to say anything rotton to her because, like you said, I am shocked and can't believe this. Let's hope she is OK. Jxxxxxxxx

Who the heck "flagged" Eileen's post?
    I was trying to think of a way to respond to Eileen when I noticed her post has been "flagged"?!? Whaaat? WHY???

Anyway...

It was a cruel hoax, Eileen. By someone. I certainly don't know who, for sure. Who here does? Could? Nonetheless, many were very hurt & upset - like you, like me. So much emotional & spiritual energy wasted.

Was this person "real" - i.e., an actual BC survivor? At one point yesterday, I believe she (he?) began to ask a few members for money - via PMs. Because a few starting to post on the board: "don't send money..." "don't send anything..."

I'm just trying to forget about it, and move forward. We each have to find our own coping mechanism.

Kind regards, Susan
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

I was trying to think of a way to respond to Eileen when I noticed her post has been "flagged"?!? Whaaat? WHY???

Anyway...

It was a cruel hoax, Eileen. By someone. I certainly don't know who, for sure. Who here does? Could? Nonetheless, many were very hurt & upset - like you, like me. So much emotional & spiritual energy wasted.

Was this person "real" - i.e., an actual BC survivor? At one point yesterday, I believe she (he?) began to ask a few members for money - via PMs. Because a few starting to post on the board: "don't send money..." "don't send anything..."

I'm just trying to forget about it, and move forward. We each have to find our own coping mechanism.

Kind regards, Susan

technologically challenged
    Susan ... I guess I'm missing something as far as this "flagged" messages go ... but how and where are you seeing that a post has been flagged?

hugs.
    teena
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

Anyway...

Kind regards, Susan

It appears...
    It appears as though everyone's posts on the "Kourtnee is alive" thread have been flagged. In fact, every post in almost every thread regarding Kourtnee.

I must say that at this point I am seriously thinking about getting out of here.

CR
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    tgf said:

technologically challenged
    Susan ... I guess I'm missing something as far as this "flagged" messages go ... but how and where are you seeing that a post has been flagged?

hugs.
    teena

Lower right corner of post box...
    ... next to "Reply" - option to "Report as Offensive" (or, something like that - I can't see it while I'm typing this).

If you click on that, it turns to "flagged"...

I'm too new here to know precisely how all of this works. But, my guess would be a "flagged" message is electronically brought to the attention of an ACS CSN staff member for monitoring purposes? At this point, maybe just spelling out the "name(s)" of the scammer(s) is enough to automatically "flag" a message? Again, am just guessing.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: If anyone else could add further explanation here, please do so...
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    CR1954 said:

It appears...
    It appears as though everyone's posts on the "Kourtnee is alive" thread have been flagged. In fact, every post in almost every thread regarding Kourtnee.

I must say that at this point I am seriously thinking about getting out of here.

CR

Please stay
    Please don't let the grief and drama of a disturbed troll take you away from us, CR. I don't blame you for being upset, but we all need you to stay here.

Joe
  • CR1954
    Options

Lower right corner of post box...
    ... next to "Reply" - option to "Report as Offensive" (or, something like that - I can't see it while I'm typing this).

If you click on that, it turns to "flagged"...

I'm too new here to know precisely how all of this works. But, my guess would be a "flagged" message is electronically brought to the attention of an ACS CSN staff member for monitoring purposes? At this point, maybe just spelling out the "name(s)" of the scammer(s) is enough to automatically "flag" a message? Again, am just guessing.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: If anyone else could add further explanation here, please do so...

Some of the posts...
    Some of the posts regarding her do not mention her name, or any name, and they have also been flagged.
    Maybe joggergirl or whomever is reporting all of them and having them flagged? Maybe just being vindictive?

CR
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    CR1954 said:

It appears...

CR

No, please, CR...
    ... Please see my post to teena. I'm just guessing; but, seems logical. Also, I noticed in this thread...

Only Eileen's post is "flagged" - and hers is the only one to spell out "the name"...

Tasha, teena, you & I didn't type out "the name" - our posts aren't "flagged" (well, not yet - for all I know... again, I'm just guesssing).

I'm beginning to wish that the ACS CSN staff would state a general post about this entire issue to ALL of us. I'd feel more reassured, as I'm sure many others would.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Some of the posts...
    Some of the posts regarding her do not mention her name, or any name, and they have also been flagged.
    Maybe joggergirl or whomever is reporting all of them and having them flagged? Maybe just being vindictive?

CR

CR - You are a smart lady...
    Ooohhh, another possibility. Creepy. :-( Hadn't thought of that.

Kind regards, Susan
  • CR1954
    Options
    Aortus said:

Please stay
    Please don't let the grief and drama of a disturbed troll take you away from us, CR. I don't blame you for being upset, but we all need you to stay here.

Joe

I know Joe, and thank you...
    Thank you for saying that. I feel as though every nerve is on end. It has been so emotional for a few days.
    I love everyone on this board and I appreciate you all more than I can say. I just need to maybe not look at any posts for a few days until things are worked out.
    I'm going to have to think about it.

You and Moopy are both so dear!

CR
  • CR1954
    Options

No, please, CR...
    ... Please see my post to teena. I'm just guessing; but, seems logical. Also, I noticed in this thread...

Only Eileen's post is "flagged" - and hers is the only one to spell out "the name"...

Tasha, teena, you & I didn't type out "the name" - our posts aren't "flagged" (well, not yet - for all I know... again, I'm just guesssing).

I'm beginning to wish that the ACS CSN staff would state a general post about this entire issue to ALL of us. I'd feel more reassured, as I'm sure many others would.

Kind regards, Susan

I agree Susan..
    I wish the CSN staff would say something. Anything.

CR
  • dorothyt
    dorothyt Member Posts: 103
    Options
    CR1954 said:

I agree Susan..
    I wish the CSN staff would say something. Anything.

CR

What is really going on ?
    What is really going on ? Were the two young ladies lying? Why?
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    TRUTH OR NOT
    I have had the weekend to mill this over and as sad as it may sound I cannot let the events of the last several days destroy what good CSN does. This is a phenomenal site with people who really do care a tremendous amount. For people to leave because of one or two misguided souls would be such a shame. I hope I have helped a few during the hours I have spent here. I know that I have been helped a lot by the many people who come here. I have friends who totally understand me because they have walked in similar shoes. We cannot let this do more harm then it already has. I care for you all!

Tons of hugs and then some,

RE
  • CR1954
    Options
    RE said:

TRUTH OR NOT
    I have had the weekend to mill this over and as sad as it may sound I cannot let the events of the last several days destroy what good CSN does. This is a phenomenal site with people who really do care a tremendous amount. For people to leave because of one or two misguided souls would be such a shame. I hope I have helped a few during the hours I have spent here. I know that I have been helped a lot by the many people who come here. I have friends who totally understand me because they have walked in similar shoes. We cannot let this do more harm then it already has. I care for you all!

RE

I agree........
    I agree 100% RE. I've also given it much thought and this site means a great deal to me. I need the encouragement and the understanding that I receive here.
    So, while the entire thing had my nerves at the snapping point for a few days, I am not going anywhere.

CR
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    CR1954 said:

I agree........
    I agree 100% RE. I've also given it much thought and this site means a great deal to me. I need the encouragement and the understanding that I receive here.
    So, while the entire thing had my nerves at the snapping point for a few days, I am not going anywhere.

CR

Thank you for staying
    RE and CR1954,

Thank you for staying!
    You are wonderful and strong women who have been through many battles and are now helping the new "recruits." Or maybe we should be the Chosen Ones??? Whatever, we're all in this together, and: Bad Apples Beware!!!

Love and Hugs,
    Debi
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    RE said:

TRUTH OR NOT

RE

I agree RE, in one of my
    I agree RE, in one of my postings, I already stated that we shouldn't let this alienate the true friends we have made. We all need the support and understanding that is given here on this board. CSN has been a great community and it will continue to be. I hope that none of you leave because of one misguided soul. Hugs, Lili
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

I agree RE, in one of my
    I agree RE, in one of my postings, I already stated that we shouldn't let this alienate the true friends we have made. We all need the support and understanding that is given here on this board. CSN has been a great community and it will continue to be. I hope that none of you leave because of one misguided soul. Hugs, Lili

I'm not going anywhere either ...
    Like the others said ... I've had time to think over the recent events and I've come to realize how much I need all of you. We are all in this together ... and there are times when I need you ... and it is comforting to know you will will be there. Someone always seems to be there ... with their knowledge, love and encouragement. And ... hopefully there I times when I can be there for someone else. We all have enourmous strength ... and as the recent events have proven ... we are NOT going to let this tear us apart. We need each other.

We may be a bit cautious for awhile ... but we are still here ...

love,
    teena
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    tgf said:

I'm not going anywhere either ...
    Like the others said ... I've had time to think over the recent events and I've come to realize how much I need all of you. We are all in this together ... and there are times when I need you ... and it is comforting to know you will will be there. Someone always seems to be there ... with their knowledge, love and encouragement. And ... hopefully there I times when I can be there for someone else. We all have enourmous strength ... and as the recent events have proven ... we are NOT going to let this tear us apart. We need each other.

We may be a bit cautious for awhile ... but we are still here ...

love,
    teena

I'm sticking with it! The
    I'm sticking with it! The events of the past week were heartwrenching, but there are so many good things that come out of the friendships and advisors here that I wouldn't want to give this up for anything or anybody. Quite frankly, I don't believe I would have made it through treatment without the advice and knowledge that came from the posters on this board, and especially those who were kind enough to answer my posts directly. I look forward to reading the boards in the morning, and wouldn't want to think about going through this alone. Thank you all for being here,a nd for keeping us a tight knit group. Many blessing have come my way, and I am sure have been felt by many of you from those friendships we have formed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hugs,

Judy
  • JoMama54
    JoMama54 Member Posts: 78
    Options

I'm sticking with it! The
    I'm sticking with it! The events of the past week were heartwrenching, but there are so many good things that come out of the friendships and advisors here that I wouldn't want to give this up for anything or anybody. Quite frankly, I don't believe I would have made it through treatment without the advice and knowledge that came from the posters on this board, and especially those who were kind enough to answer my posts directly. I look forward to reading the boards in the morning, and wouldn't want to think about going through this alone. Thank you all for being here,a nd for keeping us a tight knit group. Many blessing have come my way, and I am sure have been felt by many of you from those friendships we have formed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hugs,

Judy

Considered leaving too!
    I too was worried and brokenhearted about the recent Kourtnee thing and had thought about leaving this site because of the unnecessary worrying, but I have learned so much from all you guys! You are all so positive and I need that right now. Bless you all!!
    JoMama
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    RE said:

TRUTH OR NOT

RE

To RE...
    YAY!

You are precious! Thank you, dear RE. :-)

Kind regards, Susan