It's been a long time

Options
chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wow, I have missed all of you a lot!!! I actually took my computer with me while on vacation, thinking I would pop in here and say hello. Alas, my computer decided not to work in beautiful Cabo San Lucas Mexico! So instead of posting and reading all of your infinitely fascinating posts, I snorkled, zip-lined,was a semi finalist in a ping pong tournament, sunbathed, learned to salsa dance, participated in a Karaoke bar, and my favorite thing of all SWAM WITH DOLPHINS, including holding the dorsal fin and going for a ride! Ya know, being an old broad and a Survivor has given me reason not to miss out on anything potentially fun and maybe once in a lifetime! And, for those who have forgotten, my half-marathon is on SATURDAY!

Ok,enough about me! I am trying to catch up on all of the goings on here on the boards. I see we are still embroiled in what the ACS is or is not doing for The Young. I am not going to weigh in on that anymore, I don't think. It is highly charged, that's for sure! It was rather interesting to come back in and read how you are affected by Stupid's posts. I felt almost like the proverbial fly on the wall.

To those going through struggles in doing battle with the beast, Huge Cyber Hugs to you. And to all of you who I have simply missed communicating with, HELLO!!!

Love,
Claudia

Comments

• ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Claudia
    I'm so glad you had

Claudia

I'm so glad you had a great time. Swiming with dolphins WOW!! Salsa dancing (my favorite) YEAH. My husband and I went to a wedding recently and got to salsa dance a little, I couldn't last as long as I used to on the dance floor but my husband got to dance with our daughters, his sister and other family members and that was enough to make me happy. Keep enjoyig life. I hope there are more fun trips planned for the future.

Patty
  • Joycelouise
    Joycelouise Member Posts: 482
    Options
    You were missed, Claudia.
    You were missed, Claudia. But thanks for bringing us all souveniers...happy, full of life stories that sure put a smile in my heart! love, JOyce
  • horsegal
    horsegal Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Sounds like you had an
    Sounds like you had an awesome vacation - especially the swimming with dolphins part!! How cool! I like your attitude! Thanks for sharing. Best of luck with your half marathon Saturday. best wishes, Fran
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I wondered where you went...
    I figured you were off having martinis with Coug...lol...

Isn't life grand? Even the taste of food is better...on vacation!

I leave for Turkey on the 4th of November...a true challenge: I, as a woman, am not to engage anyone in conversation, AND, I need to not be completely offended when my bum is pinched!

Hugs and welcome home, my dearheart!

Hugs, Kathi
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    CABO
    Hi Claudia,

So very nice to have you back! Your trip sounds fabulous, glad you had such a wonderful time. I missed having you around and glad you are back (even though I am sure you would rather be swimming with those dolphins). Sending some cyber welcome back hugs your way.

Rena
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hey Claud: I missed you too
    Hey Claud: I missed you too and I was hoping you were having a great time. Glad to see you did. I will be thinking of all of you next week when I'm on my vacation. While you are doing your half marathon I will be flying to Punta Cana, my favorite vacation spot. Glad you had a great time. Love, Lili
  • chenheart
    Options

Hey Claud: I missed you too
    Hey Claud: I missed you too and I was hoping you were having a great time. Glad to see you did. I will be thinking of all of you next week when I'm on my vacation. While you are doing your half marathon I will be flying to Punta Cana, my favorite vacation spot. Glad you had a great time. Love, Lili

Punta Cana
    Lili~

I wish you a happy, relaxing time on your vacation! I am going to check out Punta Cana on the Internet and see just what makes it your favorite!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • kit45
    kit45 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    chenheart said:

Punta Cana
    Lili~

I wish you a happy, relaxing time on your vacation! I am going to check out Punta Cana on the Internet and see just what makes it your favorite!

Hugs,
    Claudia

ME TOO
    Just booked a vacation to Punta Cana for Feb, 09. I've never been but am very excited. I'm going with 3 of my girlfriends as a celebration for myself. Whoo Hoo.
    Enjoy yourself. if you have any "good tips" for me on Punta Cana let me know.
    Love, Kit
  • mmontero38
    Options
    kit45 said:

ME TOO
    Just booked a vacation to Punta Cana for Feb, 09. I've never been but am very excited. I'm going with 3 of my girlfriends as a celebration for myself. Whoo Hoo.
    Enjoy yourself. if you have any "good tips" for me on Punta Cana let me know.
    Love, Kit

Kit, where are you staying?
    Kit, where are you staying? I always stay at the Melia Caribe Tropical. We bought a time share there and we love it. Hugs, Lili
  • kit45
    Options

Kit, where are you staying? I always stay at the Melia Caribe Tropical. We bought a time share there and we love it. Hugs, Lili

Punta Cana
    We're staying at the Majestic Colonial. Leaving Feb 12th. Its an all-inclusive resort. Looks really nice on the website. Hope its just as good when we get there. How I hate flying!!
  • base61ball
    base61ball Member Posts: 125
    Options
    kit45 said:

Punta Cana
    We're staying at the Majestic Colonial. Leaving Feb 12th. Its an all-inclusive resort. Looks really nice on the website. Hope its just as good when we get there. How I hate flying!!

Flying
    Kit - just remember an airplane is like a bus only higher!!! Nothing to be afraid of. Have a wonderful trip.
  • chenheart
    Options

Melia
    How funny, Lili! We stayed at the Melia Cabo !!! We also have a time share! Why am I actually NOT surprised?!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mmontero38
    Options
    chenheart said:

Melia
    How funny, Lili! We stayed at the Melia Cabo !!! We also have a time share! Why am I actually NOT surprised?!

Hugs,
    Claudia

LOL Claudia, great minds
    LOL Claudia, great minds think alike. Aren't the Melia resorts fabulous? I won't stay anywhere else. I really am getting spoiled. Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    Options
    kit45 said:

Punta Cana

Kit: They are all great.
    Kit: They are all great. The food is good, the beaches are gorgeous and the people are really friendly. We've been going there for 8 years now. You'll have a great time. Enjoy, relax and if you can, get a massage they are really great. Hugs, Lili
  • kit45
    Options

Flying
    Kit - just remember an airplane is like a bus only higher!!! Nothing to be afraid of. Have a wonderful trip.

fly bus
    Thanks for the tip on flying. I have an attitude "nothing can stop me now"...

Have a wonderful trip next week Lili. , Love, Kit
  • chenheart
    Options
    kit45 said:

Punta Cana

Fly......
    Flying? It is safer than a bus! Compare a freeway to the sky and you get the picture! You get settled in, the pilots' soothing voice talks to you and tells you when you have reached Cruising Altitude, the flight attendants come by with food or snacks and beverages...they collect the trash while you decide what you "need" from the Sky-Mall magazine, and b4 you know it you are ready to collect your luggage from the caravan and get ready to WHOOO HOOOOO relax and celebrate with your friends!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Welcome back Claudia! We
    Welcome back Claudia! We missed you but I am so glad you had such a great time:o) Eil
  • kit45
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Welcome back Claudia! We
    Welcome back Claudia! We missed you but I am so glad you had such a great time:o) Eil

very funny
    Thanks Claudia,

You made me laugh on your theory of flying. How true. Kit