New to the "Area'

Steph65723
Steph65723 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I'd just like to introduce myself, say HI to everyone. March marks my 2nd year as a cancer survivor. I'd like to give congrats to everyone who is a survivor. To those who are fighting the battle, I wish to give support, hope, and my heartfelt prayers. I pray that this is the year a cure is found.

Steph

Comments

• curlyq1971
    curlyq1971 Member Posts: 56
    Welcome Steph!!!
    I am new to the board as well, I joined only a couple of days ago, and I have to say I have already met an amazing bunch of women on here and I am truly enjoying talking to people who know exactly what I have been through and the feelings that I have. I was dx in August of 2005 and underwent a hysterectomy, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, uterus, omentum, and 9 lymph nodes removed as well, I feel very fortunate that my gyn/onc surgeon was able to remove all of the cancer and that it hadn't spread...I was staged at Stage 2...after recovering from surgery I underwent 6 preventative chemo treatments (taxol/carboplatin) and I finished in January of 2006, and so far have been cancer free....What stage were you at dx?

I pray too that there is a cure as well, and from what I understand they are working on a vaccine...so that sounds promising!!!

I hope that you have a Wonderful Day and I hope to be chatting with you soon!!!!

Take Care,
    Leslie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Thanks, ladies. Those of us still undergoing treatment (in my case, I am in NED, but doing a 12 month consolidation dose to hopefully add months to my remission) need your optimism and example.
    ((HUGS)) Saundra
  • Steph65723

Welcome Steph!!!
    I am new to the board as well, I joined only a couple of days ago, and I have to say I have already met an amazing bunch of women on here and I am truly enjoying talking to people who know exactly what I have been through and the feelings that I have. I was dx in August of 2005 and underwent a hysterectomy, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, uterus, omentum, and 9 lymph nodes removed as well, I feel very fortunate that my gyn/onc surgeon was able to remove all of the cancer and that it hadn't spread...I was staged at Stage 2...after recovering from surgery I underwent 6 preventative chemo treatments (taxol/carboplatin) and I finished in January of 2006, and so far have been cancer free....What stage were you at dx?

I pray too that there is a cure as well, and from what I understand they are working on a vaccine...so that sounds promising!!!

I hope that you have a Wonderful Day and I hope to be chatting with you soon!!!!

Take Care,
    Leslie

Welcome to you also Leslie!!!!
    I'm looking forward to meeting people who know where I'm coming from. I was Stage 1 when dx. My chemo was also the taxol/carboplatin. I didn't have to have any of my lymph nodes removed, only had the hysterectomy with everything removed.

A vaccine certainly does sound promising. It would be a huge step in the right direction for a cure.

I hope you have a Wonderful Evening. I would love to chat. Hopefully soon!!!!

Steph
  • Steph65723
    saundra said:

Thanks, ladies. Those of us still undergoing treatment (in my case, I am in NED, but doing a 12 month consolidation dose to hopefully add months to my remission) need your optimism and example.
    ((HUGS)) Saundra

Saundra,

My prayers are with you. I'd like to think that all of us, those still battling the disease with treatments as well as those of us who have already finished that part of the battle, are family. And being family means we support each other, we encourage each other, and we help uplift each other when it's needed. To me, family is everything....and I would be honored to call anyone and everyone here family because what we have all been through or are now going through is not easy. You can never have to much support, encouragement, or family......anyway not in my opinion.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Steph
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Welcome Steph!!,
    Nice to meet you,just wish it was under different circumstances! This is a great group with lots of info to share,as well as some of the best prayer warriors I know. I'm currently in treatment for my 2nd recurrence. Just had my 1st treatment in my 2nd cycle of Topo, and it's not going as easy as the first, that said I need to lay back down, but I wanted to greet you..(((hugz)))...~~~JOanne