I'M SCARED

LITTLECOCOA
LITTLECOCOA Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
AM GOING FOR SURGERY ON THE 20TH. I HAVE END STAGE HEART FAILURE AND WAS BEING EVALUATED FOR A HEART TRANSPLANT WHEN THEY DISCOVERED MY PROSTATE CANCER. I HAVE TO HAVE A CURE BEFORE I CAN BE PUT ON THE OFFICIAL LIST. CAN ANYONE REASURE ME? MY PSA IS 14, THE GLEASON IS 5. DO I HAVE ANY HOPE? THANKS

Comments

• rogermoore
    rogermoore Member Posts: 264 Member
    Littlecocoa,

There is always hope!!! I speak as a 3 1/2 year survivor of a RP. It sounds to me like you have a very good chance of overcoming this disease. However, every case is different, as I'm sure your surgeon told you. The pain associated with the surgery is not severe. Again, everyone's body reacts differently, but in my case my life resumed normalcy within 6 - 8 months.

In my opinion, the two most important factors in a rapid and complete recovery are a POSITIVE ATTITUDE, and an EXCELLENT SURGEON.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your recovery.

Roger
  • doowopper
    doowopper Member Posts: 1
    Little cocoa-please don"t give up. There is ALWAYS hope. I hope your surgery went well. That is the first step. I wish you courage and speedy cure of pc so you can get on the "list" --Doowopper
  • nessus
    nessus Member Posts: 3
    Hi, i am a pharmacist here who research into herbal sciences

My Recommendation that works in some patients .. and used by physician open for herbal science in taiwan and china general hospital however depend on patient acceptance.

1. Fresh food everday... juices.. not fried. no oily .. no overnight food.
    2. Must for long term .. Green tea extract proven in shrinking and blocking metastasis of cancer esp prostate cancer http://www.prostate-cancer.org/education/nutrprod/greentea.html
    I may able to provide you hundreds of papers on this.... green tea extract will not affect the heart condition and other drugs..

2. If you is strong physically.. i doubt.. start reishi (if not strong start slowly.. with probiotics and drink more water
    www.reishi.com

3. Get a nutritional drink at this challenge phase to help the body to be at optimum phase for the reishi to work..

if you wish to find out more on those professional product and literatures.. may contact me at
    yoonyee@pl.jaring.my
    or chat on msn messenger .. nessus77@hotmail.com
    and perhaps need to understand your condition more clearly..
    best of all .. stay positive and pray - have faith
  • MarcLynn
    MarcLynn Member Posts: 3
    Little Cocoa,
    Prayers and thoughts are with you during this time. The Gleason could be higher, so that is good news. Hope your surgery went well and that you are keeping the faith. Find some good supporters that will be there for you during this.
    I have just been through this with my Dad, we spent a lot of time reading/researching everything, which gave us such help when various treatments were suggested. Take heart!