Anniversary

pkaz53
pkaz53 Member Posts: 84
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
It was seven years ago today that I saw the cancer team at Prebysterian Medical Center University Of Penna. and diagnosed with small cell lung cancer I would begin my first round of chemo and radiation on Sept 22nd, I am still here today to celebrate.

Comments

  • luz del lago
    luz del lago Member Posts: 449
    Happy Anniversary!
    We are so happy for you. May you continue with blessings and happiness. We don't know you personally, we've never met, but you have shared and given us so much hope! Look forward to many more of your Anniversaries! We have just begun the journey, and are praying for anniversaries of our own.

    Best Wishes,
    Luz and Dennis
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650
    Good to hear!
    Turn up the radio and celebrate!
    lıllı ((((|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|)))) ıllı..♫♫♪♪♫..
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505
    YEAH!!!
    Yeah! Bravo!!! Weeeee! Whoopee!!! Congrats!!!
    Wishing you many more years ;)
    Cheers
    Medi
  • kelli1843
    kelli1843 Member Posts: 72
    medi_2 said:

    YEAH!!!
    Yeah! Bravo!!! Weeeee! Whoopee!!! Congrats!!!
    Wishing you many more years ;)
    Cheers
    Medi

    How wonderful and inspiring!
    How wonderful and inspiring! Is that the Presby hosp in Pittsburgh, by chance?
  • pkaz53
    pkaz53 Member Posts: 84
    kelli1843 said:

    How wonderful and inspiring!
    How wonderful and inspiring! Is that the Presby hosp in Pittsburgh, by chance?

    Thanks
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, I spent yesterday with my wife and children and celebrated my youngest son's birthday, it was a great day.

    I am in awe of all the knowledgeable people on this site, I have learned so much from so many others, this site is a community that I am proud to be a part of, no one knows what its like to have cancer, or be a caregiver to someone that has cancer I have laughed with and cried with all of you -- Don't give up hope --- Kelli it was in Philadelphia,University Penn.
    Thank again,Paul
  • Dapsterd
    Dapsterd Member Posts: 291
    pkaz53 said:

    Thanks
    Thank you everyone for your kind words, I spent yesterday with my wife and children and celebrated my youngest son's birthday, it was a great day.

    I am in awe of all the knowledgeable people on this site, I have learned so much from so many others, this site is a community that I am proud to be a part of, no one knows what its like to have cancer, or be a caregiver to someone that has cancer I have laughed with and cried with all of you -- Don't give up hope --- Kelli it was in Philadelphia,University Penn.
    Thank again,Paul

    Great news !!!
    Well I am only 3 mo. into this journey with nsc adencarc stage IIIb, but latetst scan shows much improvement.

    All I can say in that is so cool to be at 7 years out.....It is comforting to know that I and we know what you have been through (for the most part), and I have not experienced all the ups and downs yet, so I am an infant in this battle for life.

    As I am writing, I have shed a tear of happiness for you and your family (with a little bit of fear of my un-knowns!) I and others would surely love to be giving expereince, strength and hope in 2017 like you have over these years !!

    Thanx !!!!!!!!! We need more surviors sending these good messages !!

    Dave
  • chad76
    chad76 Member Posts: 52
    congrats
    That is great!!!...can't wait for my wife to get to the 1 year mark....wish you many many more!!