lung cancer 4 stage met.to the brain

2»

Comments

  • MiddleDaughter
    MiddleDaughter Member Posts: 1
    Rosi said:

    Good news
    After a PET-scan and an MRI the doctor told us no sign of CANCER the 8 small tumors he had in his brain are gone, from the neck down nothing nothing.
    My dear friends lets keep praying and lets be strong. We will win. CANCER IS EVIL!!! and I pray every day for the cure.....Love you Rosi

    Cancer Free
    Thank you Rosi for sharing, with your ups and downs. My Mom was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She had stage 1 2 1/2 years ago with a removel of her upper lobe. She didn't have chemo afterward, which I think was mistake. She had a PET scan for other reasons and they found the ugly cancer back in 4 spots, lung,spine,lymph in abdomine, and aderenal gland. There attempt at a biopsy failed and they are trying again next week for the aderenal gland biopsy just to confirm it is the same cancer back again. They are also doing an MRI for her head. We pray for mercy that it isn't in her brain. She is 75 and has had several surgeries for PAD. We feel lost at where to start. I am researching as much as I can to give her the best chance. Besides these 2 things she looks like she is about 59 or so..no kidding...she is very active. If anyone has any suggestions please send them to me..my Mom is my best friend.
  • Rosi
    Rosi Member Posts: 69

    Cancer Free
    Thank you Rosi for sharing, with your ups and downs. My Mom was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She had stage 1 2 1/2 years ago with a removel of her upper lobe. She didn't have chemo afterward, which I think was mistake. She had a PET scan for other reasons and they found the ugly cancer back in 4 spots, lung,spine,lymph in abdomine, and aderenal gland. There attempt at a biopsy failed and they are trying again next week for the aderenal gland biopsy just to confirm it is the same cancer back again. They are also doing an MRI for her head. We pray for mercy that it isn't in her brain. She is 75 and has had several surgeries for PAD. We feel lost at where to start. I am researching as much as I can to give her the best chance. Besides these 2 things she looks like she is about 59 or so..no kidding...she is very active. If anyone has any suggestions please send them to me..my Mom is my best friend.

    EVIL CANCER IS BACK
    Hello friends, I am back after about 3 months free of cancer, my husband`s PET-SCAN and MRI of the head, shows the tumor is back and we are going to start ALIMTA next week. I can see he is not doing good, the tumor in his head is near to the cerebellun and the pressure is afecting his eyes and also his equilibrium. what makes me so mad and helpless is that he is smoking more that ever,and he keeps taking deteriorating...How long can I go? I live in Alabama and I can`t fine a caregivers support anywhere.... please pray for mi and thank so much....I am so sad!!!
  • HeartofSoul
    HeartofSoul Member Posts: 729
    Rosi said:

    EVIL CANCER IS BACK
    Hello friends, I am back after about 3 months free of cancer, my husband`s PET-SCAN and MRI of the head, shows the tumor is back and we are going to start ALIMTA next week. I can see he is not doing good, the tumor in his head is near to the cerebellun and the pressure is afecting his eyes and also his equilibrium. what makes me so mad and helpless is that he is smoking more that ever,and he keeps taking deteriorating...How long can I go? I live in Alabama and I can`t fine a caregivers support anywhere.... please pray for mi and thank so much....I am so sad!!!

    please check this site out
    please try this link

    http://www.lungcancer.org/

    For help, call 1-800-813-HOPE (4673) or email [email protected]
    Lung Cancer

    Lungcancer.org is a program of CancerCare, a national nonprofit organization that provides free, professional support services to anyone affected by cancer: people with cancer, caregivers, children, loved ones, and the bereaved. CancerCare programs—including counseling, education, financial assistance and practical help—are provided by trained oncology social workers and are completely free of charge. Founded in 1944, CancerCare provided individual help to more than 100,000 people last year, in addition to the more than one million unique visitors to its websites.

    Our staff helps you manage financial concerns and provides referrals. Limited aid is available to eligible families for cancer-related costs like transportation and child care.

    I also would call Amer Cancer Society 800-227-2345 open 24/7

    also see link for CSN Cervical cancer survivors and one member who had stage 4a (Beckyrcn)
    http://csn.cancer.org/node/188836
  • Rosi
    Rosi Member Posts: 69

    please check this site out
    please try this link

    http://www.lungcancer.org/

    For help, call 1-800-813-HOPE (4673) or email [email protected]
    Lung Cancer

    Lungcancer.org is a program of CancerCare, a national nonprofit organization that provides free, professional support services to anyone affected by cancer: people with cancer, caregivers, children, loved ones, and the bereaved. CancerCare programs—including counseling, education, financial assistance and practical help—are provided by trained oncology social workers and are completely free of charge. Founded in 1944, CancerCare provided individual help to more than 100,000 people last year, in addition to the more than one million unique visitors to its websites.

    Our staff helps you manage financial concerns and provides referrals. Limited aid is available to eligible families for cancer-related costs like transportation and child care.

    I also would call Amer Cancer Society 800-227-2345 open 24/7

    also see link for CSN Cervical cancer survivors and one member who had stage 4a (Beckyrcn)
    http://csn.cancer.org/node/188836

    Hello my friends
    Well I am back to give you update on my husband... He is deteriorating de cancer is back in his lungs and the tumor in his brain, he will have a MRI next week and the doctors will tell me what is next...the tumor in his brain is in the cerebellum and is affecting his balance and coordination, he can`t walk, he stays in the chair looking at the TV but he can not even watch because because...he is just there..living or dying I do not know, God I am the only caregiver and I work full time and my heart is crying with pain. what to tell him? he is not the same man I used to know, he is changed...i miss him..and he does not even look at me..I am sorry, but i am so sad to see him suffering, he does not have a pain thanks to God.
    Thank you guys
    Rosi
  • stayingcalm
    stayingcalm Member Posts: 650
    Rosi said:

    Hello my friends
    Well I am back to give you update on my husband... He is deteriorating de cancer is back in his lungs and the tumor in his brain, he will have a MRI next week and the doctors will tell me what is next...the tumor in his brain is in the cerebellum and is affecting his balance and coordination, he can`t walk, he stays in the chair looking at the TV but he can not even watch because because...he is just there..living or dying I do not know, God I am the only caregiver and I work full time and my heart is crying with pain. what to tell him? he is not the same man I used to know, he is changed...i miss him..and he does not even look at me..I am sorry, but i am so sad to see him suffering, he does not have a pain thanks to God.
    Thank you guys
    Rosi

    Oh, Rosi, I feel so bad for you
    Can you call Hospice in your area, and see if they will help? Or maybe the hospital can arrange a visiting nurse? You surely deserve a break!
    Wishing the best to you and your husband,
    stayingcalm
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Rosi said:

    Hello my friends
    Well I am back to give you update on my husband... He is deteriorating de cancer is back in his lungs and the tumor in his brain, he will have a MRI next week and the doctors will tell me what is next...the tumor in his brain is in the cerebellum and is affecting his balance and coordination, he can`t walk, he stays in the chair looking at the TV but he can not even watch because because...he is just there..living or dying I do not know, God I am the only caregiver and I work full time and my heart is crying with pain. what to tell him? he is not the same man I used to know, he is changed...i miss him..and he does not even look at me..I am sorry, but i am so sad to see him suffering, he does not have a pain thanks to God.
    Thank you guys
    Rosi

    Rosie, just be strong for your husband!
    I'm so sorry for you. Sounds like you've had alot of ups & downs. I also went through this with my husband, but from the diagnosis till he died it was only 2 months. We were married 46 years and he was never sick, so it was very hard for me to see him go downhill. But be strong & keep telling your husband you love him & just be there for him. I to, didn't think I could go on, but it's 5 months now and I am getting better. I also was very depressed & all I wanted to do was sleep cause then I could forget. But I started seeing a counselor & also got some medication to help me cope.
    So just hang in there Rosie! I'll say a prayrer for you. "Mana"
  • Laura88 said:

    Whole Brain Radiation
    Hi -- I finished a three week run of WBR today. I fortunately had no side effects with the exception of fatigue, although to be fair I am working full time. I go for treatment and then come to work so by the time I get home I am pretty much done. I sit in a chair and watch TV and go to bed at 9:30, but I, too, read very scary things about the radiation so I am thrilled this is all I have.

    I too was told I was in remission and two weeks later found bone mets in my pelvis and three small mets on my brain. I was sent reeling for sure, so I know how you feel for sure. It took me a while to regroup, but we need to stay strong and move forward, you know? Again, I have been fine through radiation and I'm having my pelvis radiated, also. My doctors have said WBR is very effective -- I will have scans in a few weeks -- I'll certainly let you know. Best wishes to you and your husband. It's a long, lonely road. Please do find me if there's any way I can help and encourage you. Laura

    radiation
    Hi Laura~ My Mom is in her 5th tx of WBR rad. and is having some brain swelling/headaches. They have her on 2mg of decadron and will be starting chemo on Monday with radiation. Could you tell me did you have these headaches?
    They also told her to start with the lotions on the forehead your going to experience the burns and to make sure you have your wigg.
  • Laura88 said:

    Whole Brain Radiation
    Hi -- I finished a three week run of WBR today. I fortunately had no side effects with the exception of fatigue, although to be fair I am working full time. I go for treatment and then come to work so by the time I get home I am pretty much done. I sit in a chair and watch TV and go to bed at 9:30, but I, too, read very scary things about the radiation so I am thrilled this is all I have.

    I too was told I was in remission and two weeks later found bone mets in my pelvis and three small mets on my brain. I was sent reeling for sure, so I know how you feel for sure. It took me a while to regroup, but we need to stay strong and move forward, you know? Again, I have been fine through radiation and I'm having my pelvis radiated, also. My doctors have said WBR is very effective -- I will have scans in a few weeks -- I'll certainly let you know. Best wishes to you and your husband. It's a long, lonely road. Please do find me if there's any way I can help and encourage you. Laura

    radiation
    Hi Laura~ My Mom is in her 5th tx of WBR rad. and is having some brain swelling/headaches. They have her on 2mg of decadron and will be starting chemo on Monday with radiation. Could you tell me did you have these headaches?
    They also told her to start with the lotions on the forehead your going to experience the burns and to make sure you have your wigg.