Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

>.<

sharpy102
sharpy102 Member Posts: 368
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello everyone,

Some of you may remember me, who wrote up here a couple times about my mom. Well, I know it is quiet bad to write bad stuff up here where people are trying to be optimistic, but I need to, and I'm sorry in advance. Unfortunately, mom left me yesterday night...it is soooo hard to believe!!! I am very down, as well as very concerned about my future...I hope you all are doing good, and please don't give up, or get mad for me telling you guys sad news...remember, each case is different, and it means nothing to you guys, even if you guys have the same type of cancer as she had. Everybody is different, so please!
Take care,
Sophie

Comments

  • grandma2selena
    grandma2selena Member Posts: 199
    Sorry
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is very difficult to lose someone we love especially our Mom. I lost my Mom 5 years ago to cancer. Don't feel bad about posting this on the board, heck we are all here to support one another. You are going to need support at this difficult time.

    I will keep you in my prayers.

    Debbie
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392
    Condolences to You and your Family
    Hi there.

    I am very sorry for your loss and extend my sincerest condolences to you and your family during this most difficult time.

    -Craig
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478
    Angel
    God has another Angel by his side
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165
    sophie
    sorry about your moms passing, Take one baby step at a time thats all i can say being i lost my husband 66 days ago .

    michelle
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368

    sophie
    sorry about your moms passing, Take one baby step at a time thats all i can say being i lost my husband 66 days ago .

    michelle

    thank you
    @Debbie: thank you for your support and for your thoughs....I wish you all the best!
    @Craig: thank you as well. Unfortunately, my mom and I was living together as my dad already "left" us when I was younger.
    @Nudgie: thank you...I hope she sees me and will help me guide through life...and I hope she'll help me when I'll get to high school, later to university etc. And I hope she'll always be there for me...
    @Michelle: yes, I remember when you wrote in April that Angel left...and I feel for you. I don't know what else to add to this...I can't say "you'll survive it and it will be all fine" as I don't know...I am just beginning to learn what it is without someone you love...and it's been only a day...sometimes I feel she just left temporary and she'll be back soon....other times if I think back to the moment she left, I burst into tears...plus I have to face of where I will live and how...
    Please take care everyone and I wish every one of you recovery!
    Sophie
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    sharpy102 said:

    thank you
    @Debbie: thank you for your support and for your thoughs....I wish you all the best!
    @Craig: thank you as well. Unfortunately, my mom and I was living together as my dad already "left" us when I was younger.
    @Nudgie: thank you...I hope she sees me and will help me guide through life...and I hope she'll help me when I'll get to high school, later to university etc. And I hope she'll always be there for me...
    @Michelle: yes, I remember when you wrote in April that Angel left...and I feel for you. I don't know what else to add to this...I can't say "you'll survive it and it will be all fine" as I don't know...I am just beginning to learn what it is without someone you love...and it's been only a day...sometimes I feel she just left temporary and she'll be back soon....other times if I think back to the moment she left, I burst into tears...plus I have to face of where I will live and how...
    Please take care everyone and I wish every one of you recovery!
    Sophie

    I'm So Sorry!!!
    Awww, Sophie, so sorry to hear your news, this is a tough disease, and your mother is out of pain and sickness now, I lost both my parents to cancer, and know what you're going through, but I still feel them around me, and see them in my dreams, you will meet again.

    No one knows what to expect with this disease, thank you for letting us know, and hope your life does move forward, knowing she's in a beautiful place looking over you.

    Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,712 **
    Sorry
    Sophie I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. It isn't easy and it will take quite some time for you to adjust and it sounds like you are relatively young so this is going to be a trying time for you. You will always have a place on these message boards so please post away when you are feeling down or need some advice. You have been through much so I pray that you find comfort and peace during this difficult time.

    Hugs!
    Kim
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    To Comfort You and know others care...
    I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I lost my mother when I was 26 years old. I was devastated also. Please know that your mom would want the best for you and for you to continue on every day putting your best foot forward and honoring her by your success in life and kindness to others.

    I have a special prayer which I keep near me which has been a great comfort to me. I hope it will comfort you too.

    In Memory Of a Mother

    “ I remember thee in this solemn hour, my dear mother. I remember the days when thou didst dwell on Earth and thy tender love watched over me like a guardian angel. Thou hast gone from me, but the bond which unites our souls can never be severed; thine image lives within my heart. May the merciful Father reward the for the faithfulness and kindness thou has ever shown me; may he lift up the light of his countenance upon thee, and grant thee eternal peace. Amen.”
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043

    To Comfort You and know others care...
    I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. I lost my mother when I was 26 years old. I was devastated also. Please know that your mom would want the best for you and for you to continue on every day putting your best foot forward and honoring her by your success in life and kindness to others.

    I have a special prayer which I keep near me which has been a great comfort to me. I hope it will comfort you too.

    In Memory Of a Mother

    “ I remember thee in this solemn hour, my dear mother. I remember the days when thou didst dwell on Earth and thy tender love watched over me like a guardian angel. Thou hast gone from me, but the bond which unites our souls can never be severed; thine image lives within my heart. May the merciful Father reward the for the faithfulness and kindness thou has ever shown me; may he lift up the light of his countenance upon thee, and grant thee eternal peace. Amen.”

    Sophie.....
    Can I ask you a few questions.....How old are you and with whom are you living with or who is taking care of you now ? I would if possible would like for you to PM me about some things . I want to make sure that you are not lost in life with no where to turn to...Please PM me with some answers and maybe me or my wife can get you what you need to get a start or maybe something more than that. I never want to see any child without somewhere to go or someone to have to count on when you need them. Please let me know if there is anything that you need...You need a stable figure in your life now and hopefully we can get something done about it............God Bless you hun...
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Buzzard said:

    Sophie.....
    Can I ask you a few questions.....How old are you and with whom are you living with or who is taking care of you now ? I would if possible would like for you to PM me about some things . I want to make sure that you are not lost in life with no where to turn to...Please PM me with some answers and maybe me or my wife can get you what you need to get a start or maybe something more than that. I never want to see any child without somewhere to go or someone to have to count on when you need them. Please let me know if there is anything that you need...You need a stable figure in your life now and hopefully we can get something done about it............God Bless you hun...

    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I am sorry for your loss. I hate this disease and I think all of us fight harder for the ones we have lost.

    Linda
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787
    lmliess said:

    My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I am sorry for your loss. I hate this disease and I think all of us fight harder for the ones we have lost.

    Linda

    Sorry
    I am so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if I can do anything. A late night talk on the phone? Anything to help. PM me and I will give you my number

    Jennie
  • ADKer
    ADKer Member Posts: 147

    Sorry
    I am so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if I can do anything. A late night talk on the phone? Anything to help. PM me and I will give you my number

    Jennie

    Sad news
    Sophie -

    I am so sorry for your loss. I have 2 teenage daughters and the very worst part of this disease is the impact on them. Please keep posting here for support and let us know how you are doing.
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342
    Dear Sophie
    Dear Sophie,
    I am so sorry about your tremendous loss. It sounds like you and your mom were so very close. I am very sorry that you are hurting so much. I pray that you have people to love and care for you.
    Take care.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028
    Life is living...and saying goodbye.....
    I send my hugs. You are not alone, and mom has just moved....from in front of your eyes, into your heart, where she will live on forever...

    I have lost many in the past 5 years...my father-in-law (one of the hardest...2 weeks after I was diagnosed), my mom's beau, my ex-hubby, my daughter, my mother-in-law, and many of my cancer 'buddies'-too many, in my opinion!!!!

    As I said, we stay behind to keep alive the memories of those gone on.

    Hugs, Kathi
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043
    KathiM said:

    Life is living...and saying goodbye.....
    I send my hugs. You are not alone, and mom has just moved....from in front of your eyes, into your heart, where she will live on forever...

    I have lost many in the past 5 years...my father-in-law (one of the hardest...2 weeks after I was diagnosed), my mom's beau, my ex-hubby, my daughter, my mother-in-law, and many of my cancer 'buddies'-too many, in my opinion!!!!

    As I said, we stay behind to keep alive the memories of those gone on.

    Hugs, Kathi

    Sophie......
    Will you at least let us know who will help you get by....I have thought about it after reading your post all day yesterday and all day today...It bothers me to think that there is a child out there that may need help and is not getting it....Please let me know if you are in need of care . My wife and I have discussed this and would very much like to help if in fact you need it.......Please reply either here or in PM.......Thank you...
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368
    thank you
    Dear Donna, Kim, LizzyDavis, Buzzard, Linda, Jennie, Kathleen, ADKer, Kathi,

    Thank you for your responses.

    @Buzzard: thank you for your offer, you are really nice, I was quiet suprised....(probably, cultural difference, hm?)
    However, I don't think you can help as I don't live in the USA. I don't know much about my future yet, to be completely honest...I am placed temporary into a children's home (or whatever you call it in English) and then I'll see...or the court will see...they will search for any "lost" relatives that we haven't been in contact, so I'm not aware of, and if they exist then they will ask them if they are willing to raise me up...if not, then I'll stay here. (at least, they have internet here...)

    Again, thank you for your kindness! I wish you all the very best, as well as for others on this board!
    Please take care,
    Sophie
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876
    So sorry
    Dear Sophie,

    I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I, too, lost my mother to this beast, and while I am grateful she is out of pain and safe with God, I miss her constantly. Take it one step at a time and talk it out. There are no forbidden posts here! Sometimes we lose to the cancer, but that just inspires us to keep fighting to beat it. God bless!

    Kirsten
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043
    kmygil said:

    So sorry
    Dear Sophie,

    I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. I, too, lost my mother to this beast, and while I am grateful she is out of pain and safe with God, I miss her constantly. Take it one step at a time and talk it out. There are no forbidden posts here! Sometimes we lose to the cancer, but that just inspires us to keep fighting to beat it. God bless!

    Kirsten

    Sophie......
    Please keep us informed of how you are and if you need anything at all please ask on here or in PM...It doesn't matter to me where you are, I still want to make sure that you have the things necessary to have a decent life...Just keep in touch and get us an address here so that we may help if we want......God Bless you Sweetheart.....