CSN Login
Members Online: 7

You are here

numbing agent

tiny one
Posts: 467
Joined: Jan 2009

I had my ileostomy reversal on Dec 21,07. I still have frequent BM's and then start having slot of soreness. Does anyone know of any creams or sprays that have a numbing effect. I haven't seen any over the counter products. I've heard people mention products with lidocaine.

krystiesq's picture
Posts: 242
Joined: Jun 2008

That is the only thing I can think of.

msccolon's picture
Posts: 1956
Joined: Oct 2004

I use this when the burn gets to be really bad; it helps me out! The ointment helps sooth and the pain relief is an added bonus! They do have a cream, I prefer the ointment for down there!

PamPam2's picture
Posts: 376
Joined: Jan 2009

I have a prescription from the doctor Proctozone-HC 2.5% it is a hydrocortisone cream that keeps the swelling down and helps healing.
I also have an over the counter cream that relieves pain and itching, Tronolane it is an anesthetic cream from the drug store.
They both help me.
Hope you feel better.

Subscribe to Comments for "numbing agent"