Pathology results are in
Well, here they are. Apparently a rare subtype of RCC? Has anyone heard of this? Anxious for my follow up appointment on Tuesday, so I can stop googling ?
Right kidney, partial nephrectomy:
- Renal cell carcinoma, eosinophilic solid and cystic renal cell
Specimen laterality: Right.
- Sarcomatoid features: Not identified.
- Rhabdoid features: Not identified.
- Tumor location: Right kidney.
- Tumor size: 3 cm in greatest dimension.
- Histologic grade (WHO/ISUP grade): Not applicable.
- Tumor focality: Unifocal.
- Tumor necrosis: Not identified.
- Tumor extent (macroscopic and microscopic):
- Tumor limited to the kidney.
- Lymphovascular invasion : Not identified.
- Surgical margins: Negative (2 mm from the nearest parenchymal
- Involvement of adrenal gland: Adrenal not present in the
- Lymph nodes: None submitted or found.
- Pathologic staging (8th Edition, AJCC):
- pT1a: Tumor 4 cm or less in greatest dimension,
- pNX: Regional lymph nodes cannot be assessed.
- Non-neoplastic findings:
- Tubulointerstitial chronic inflammation.
- Other findings: None identified.
Comment: The tumor is well-circumscribed and non-encapsulated, with
solid and cystic growth pattern. Tumor hemorrhage is also noted. The
solid areas exhibit compact acinar growth. The tumor cells show
eosinophilic, voluminous cytoplasm with coarse cytoplasmic granules.
- 118.2K All Discussion Boards
- 5 CSN Information
- 5 Welcome to CSN
- 118.2K Cancer specific
- 2.7K Anal Cancer
- 413 Bladder Cancer
- 294 Bone Cancers
- 1.6K Brain Cancer
- 28K Breast Cancer
- 372 Childhood Cancers
- 27.5K Colorectal Cancer
- 4.5K Esophageal Cancer
- 1.1K Gynecological Cancers (other than ovarian and uterine)
- 12.5K Head and Neck Cancer
- 6.1K Kidney Cancer
- 637 Leukemia
- 756 Liver Cancer
- 4K Lung Cancer
- 4.9K Lymphoma (Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin)
- 210 Multiple Myeloma
- 7K Ovarian Cancer
- 26 Pancreatic Cancer
- 475 Peritoneal Cancer
- 4.9K Prostate Cancer
- 1.1K Rare and Other Cancers
- 513 Sarcoma
- 686 Skin Cancer
- 630 Stomach Cancer
- 187 Testicular Cancer
- 1.5K Thyroid Cancer
- 5.5K Uterine Cancer
- 6.1K Other Discussion Boards