Folfox7 2 down 10 to go

2456

Comments

  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited July 2019 #22
    Neuropathy

    Just wondered how your neuropathy is feeling.  Going on 7 treatment round you are doing amazing.  Remember, if something doesn't feel right, let your doctor know.  Keep up the awesome strength you show on this board and during treatment.  You will be finished before you know it.  Good luck in #7 this week.

    Kim

  • ellend
    ellend Member Posts: 109 Member
    Glad to hear things are going well

    I'm glad to hear things are going well and hope it continues.

    I had 8 rounds of Folfox back in 2016 - mop up chemo. I have some minor lingering neuropathy in my feet, but it isn't that bad, just a bit tingly. It is annoying when it is cold. I got very fatigued near the end of the treatments and they had to discontinue one component because my red blood count and platelets were getting very low. However, I didn't really have any serious issues. I hope that will be true for you as well.

    Ellen

  • Kazenmax
    Kazenmax Member Posts: 458 Member
    edited August 2019 #24
    Keep on keeping on, Tom! Glad

    Keep on keeping on, Tom! Glad to hear you are so positive. That’s half the battle! Here’s hoping you continue to do so well. 

    Im so sorry for your loss. Sending love and strength to you and your family.

    k

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    Hi to all my friends, sorry I

    Hi to all my friends, sorry I haven't posted for awhile. Treatment 7 went well. Same as all the others. Very mild side effects. Some tiredness and neuropathy that pretty much goes away during my off week. I'm looking forward to completing all of this and being rescanned. I haven't lost my hair, it got thinner but no one noticed. Not that that matters to me. I am grateful the treatments are going good. I'm due for a cea test next time (week from tomorrow) and oncology doc visit. As far as me having a good attitude, well I owe that to all of you. Your positive stories and words are my rock. I can't lose and I won't. Talk to all next week.  Take care,  Tom

  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited August 2019 #26
    Wow

    Wow I'm so glad you are doing so well.  Wishing you the best on your upcoming CEA test and doctor appointment.  I'm sure all will go well.  My hair thinned too but never lost it.  You are on the backside of the treatment now and can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Thanks for the update.

    Kim

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    Kazenmax said:

    Keep on keeping on, Tom! Glad

    Keep on keeping on, Tom! Glad to hear you are so positive. That’s half the battle! Here’s hoping you continue to do so well. 

    Im so sorry for your loss. Sending love and strength to you and your family.

    k

    Thank you Kazenmax.

    Thank you Kazenmax.

  • wifetojeff69
    wifetojeff69 Member Posts: 46
    It is hopeful for me to read

    It is hopeful for me to read you out look on this and how well you are doing on the folfox, praying everything will go well for my husband as well. Thanks for sharing.

  • sharps4590
    sharps4590 Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2019 #29
    Kinda late to the party but..

    Kinda late to the party but...good on you, Tom!!  Attitude and support....I do't know where I would have been without them.  It almost seems they're co-dependent.

    Glad to hear your side effects are so minimal.  My neuropathy didn't start until about the 10th treatment and was worse about 2 months after completion.  Today, 7 1/2 months after complation, it appears to be getting less and less.  I can still play a pretty mean guitar!

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    My 8th treatment is this

    My 8th treatment is this Wednesday. Looking forward to getting it done, and of course to seeing my chemo nurses. Blood work all came back good. The counts have remained very steady throughout. Cea went down again. 2.6 last month to 1.8 this time. I'm feeling really good. I will post the end of this week to update on side effects. So far so good. As I said in the past here I live in a rural area so we don't have a cancer support group. You are all my support and I love ya for it.You're an important part of attitude towards all of this. Thank you.

     

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member

    It is hopeful for me to read

    It is hopeful for me to read you out look on this and how well you are doing on the folfox, praying everything will go well for my husband as well. Thanks for sharing.

    There is always hope, and

    There is always hope, and this blog is where it's at. Stay positive. It helps with everything.

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member

    Kinda late to the party but..

    Kinda late to the party but...good on you, Tom!!  Attitude and support....I do't know where I would have been without them.  It almost seems they're co-dependent.

    Glad to hear your side effects are so minimal.  My neuropathy didn't start until about the 10th treatment and was worse about 2 months after completion.  Today, 7 1/2 months after complation, it appears to be getting less and less.  I can still play a pretty mean guitar!

    Keep it up. Sounds great.

    Keep it up. Sounds great. Glad you can still play. Our son Anthony played a mean guitar. Very gifted for his young age.

  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,715 Member
    Tom M. said:

    My 8th treatment is this

    My 8th treatment is this Wednesday. Looking forward to getting it done, and of course to seeing my chemo nurses. Blood work all came back good. The counts have remained very steady throughout. Cea went down again. 2.6 last month to 1.8 this time. I'm feeling really good. I will post the end of this week to update on side effects. So far so good. As I said in the past here I live in a rural area so we don't have a cancer support group. You are all my support and I love ya for it.You're an important part of attitude towards all of this. Thank you.

     

    Support

    Glad that we can help.  Sounds like you are responding well with the treatment and the CEA too.  It sounds like the CEA is a good indicator for you and if it goes down - that is what you want it to do.  Good luck Wednesday.

    Kim

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    Treatment 8 in the books. 4

    Treatment 8 in the books. 4 more to go. Last one will be Oct.9 than another scan. Side effects still mild. Lucky I guess. No problems eating or getting sick. Number 9 coming in 2 weeks. I'm confident that I will finish all of this in a good way. Hoping my scan goes well. Praying for all my friends out there dealing with cancer.  Talk to all soon, take care    Tom

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    Does anyone have good advice

    Does anyone have good advice for some hemorrhoid action going on. Thanks

  • beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,223 Member
    Tom M. said:

    Does anyone have good advice

    Does anyone have good advice for some hemorrhoid action going on. Thanks

    I had it during chemo, but

    I had it during chemo, but Prep H handled it fine. I was religious with the petroleum jelly the for the time after surgeries and during chemo, because I tend to be rough on things if I don't think about it, and being at work with a rash really does suck.......................................................................Dave

  • Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,643 Member
    Tom M. said:

    Does anyone have good advice

    Does anyone have good advice for some hemorrhoid action going on. Thanks

    Bidet or sitz bath

    I started off with a sitz bath. Soaks the area, and then dab dry, don't use paper (I have seperate cloths for the job). 

    Now I have a bidet attached to the loo.  They are wonderful! 

    And of course, the old diet. Keep things smooth and flowing out like soft serve ice cream, and that helps allot. That can be hard during chemo, when bowel movements can go from hard to runny in an hour. 

    Oh, and try not to rush a BM, pushing just exacerbates those pesky hemmeroids. Take your time. Take some deep breaths. 

    Just some ideas. 

    Tru

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    Trubrit said:

    Bidet or sitz bath

    I started off with a sitz bath. Soaks the area, and then dab dry, don't use paper (I have seperate cloths for the job). 

    Now I have a bidet attached to the loo.  They are wonderful! 

    And of course, the old diet. Keep things smooth and flowing out like soft serve ice cream, and that helps allot. That can be hard during chemo, when bowel movements can go from hard to runny in an hour. 

    Oh, and try not to rush a BM, pushing just exacerbates those pesky hemmeroids. Take your time. Take some deep breaths. 

    Just some ideas. 

    Tru

    Thanks my friends. Every

    Thanks my friends. Every little bit helps. 4 more treatments to complete my 12. If this is the worse of it I'm gonna make it.

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member
    Hi everyone, just updating.

    Hi everyone, just updating. Blood counts remaining good. Cea holding steady at 1.8, on to treatment 9 of 12 tomorrow morning. Oh btw preparation h did the trick. Thanks

  • beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,223 Member
    Tom M. said:

    Hi everyone, just updating.

    Hi everyone, just updating. Blood counts remaining good. Cea holding steady at 1.8, on to treatment 9 of 12 tomorrow morning. Oh btw preparation h did the trick. Thanks

    Glad things are as

    Glad things are as comfortable as one could hope for, Tom, I had a similar experience as you with Folfox, but I didn't realize my luck until I started reading the stories here, back in '08. Ironically I finished my chemo and decided to celebrate in Vegas for my birthday, May 23rd. Hope you throw yourself a party when your done, and the CEA stays pinned down.......................................Dave

     

  • Tom M.
    Tom M. Member Posts: 223 Member

    Glad things are as

    Glad things are as comfortable as one could hope for, Tom, I had a similar experience as you with Folfox, but I didn't realize my luck until I started reading the stories here, back in '08. Ironically I finished my chemo and decided to celebrate in Vegas for my birthday, May 23rd. Hope you throw yourself a party when your done, and the CEA stays pinned down.......................................Dave

     

    Thanks Dave. I feel very

    Thanks Dave. I feel very blessed for how things have been going on the dreaded folfox. Looking forward to October 9th which will be my 12th and hopefully last treatment. Then the scan and then the party.