CSN Login
Members Online: 6

You are here

Update and Question???

Posts: 98
Joined: Feb 2016

The news was not good.  I'm in a recurrence.  I was referred to MD Anderson for further treatment, but I cannot get in for an appointment until October 25th.  I am nervous waiting nearly 6 weeks since recurrence was diagnosed for treatment, and it is not guaranteed I would even get treatment there.  MD Anderson said I could be on chemotherapy and still come in.  My oncologist is an MD Anderson affiliate doctor, and he told me that if I was in treatment that I would not get into a trial.  They both said it was up to me, and I don't know what to do!?

Has anyone ever been in treatment still and gone to a research hospital to see if you are qualified for a clinical trial?


NoTimeForCancer's picture
Posts: 2901
Joined: Mar 2013

Jodi, I see you wrote on that you said you have found out this is really fallopian tube cancer??  That is rare.  

Maybe you can turn the question around and ask how much cancer can grow/spread waiting the six weeks?  I know I asked my surgeon "What are you doing tomorrow?" because, I suspect like most people, I wanted it out NOW!

Ask you onc what HE/SHE would do?  They have the inside "scoop" so what would they recommend for thier loved one?  ALSO, if you wait with no treatment did you do that for nothing if they don't allow you in to the trail?

I'm sorry I can't answer your specific question but I think it is your right to ask.  I suspect the other ladies here may have questions or thoughts to share as well. 

These are tough places to be in, people just don't know.

Kvdyson's picture
Posts: 789
Joined: Jan 2016

Jodi, I am so sorry that you have receive this news. Have you tried contacting any other Cancer Centers? When I was first diagnosed, I called Moffitt for a second opinion and was in within a week. Please keep calling other centers. This is too important to wait for help.

Soup52's picture
Posts: 906
Joined: Jan 2016

Jodi, one of my good friends has Fallopian tube cancer also. Hers had reoccurred. She has had surgery, carbo taxol like many of us and right now she is on another chemo regime. ( I can't remember the name of it, but I can ask her later when you find out what you have in store for treatment.

Subscribe to Comments for "Update and Question???"