IL-2 Update

13

Comments

  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181
    DMike said:

    Lou - Good Luck

    Hi Lou,

    I think Monday is your big scan day, right? I hope you have great results. I'll be there the following Monday for my 4 week 2nd chance scan. I'll be thinking about you on Monday.

    David

    been wondering

    How Lou has been doing. I hope to hear before my follow up scans.

  • faithlou
    faithlou Member Posts: 41
    foxhd said:

    been wondering

    How Lou has been doing. I hope to hear before my follow up scans.

    Wondering

    Yes, got scans on Monday and results on Tuesday.  Looks like I have some nodules that look smaller.  The words for the report " Some of these nodules have diminished." Mostly in the right lung, left lung nodules not significantly changed.  No growth noted.  I'll take it!  More scans Aug 20th to make sure we are still moving in the right direction.  Maybe 1 more round of IL2.  More waiting....

    @ David, I continue to expect good things for you!  Best of luck on Monday.

     

    Thanks for the continued interest and support.

  • angec
    angec Member Posts: 924
    faithlou said:

    Wondering

    Yes, got scans on Monday and results on Tuesday.  Looks like I have some nodules that look smaller.  The words for the report " Some of these nodules have diminished." Mostly in the right lung, left lung nodules not significantly changed.  No growth noted.  I'll take it!  More scans Aug 20th to make sure we are still moving in the right direction.  Maybe 1 more round of IL2.  More waiting....

    @ David, I continue to expect good things for you!  Best of luck on Monday.

     

    Thanks for the continued interest and support.

    That is great Lou! I hope the

    That is great Lou! I hope the new scans show more improvement!  Diminished means GONE!  Whoo hoo!  You are one tough cookie, show cancer who is boss! You da girl!! ;)

     

     

  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181
    angec said:

    That is great Lou! I hope the

    That is great Lou! I hope the new scans show more improvement!  Diminished means GONE!  Whoo hoo!  You are one tough cookie, show cancer who is boss! You da girl!! ;)

     

     

    Give me a target

    To aim for Lou. Glad you are doing better. This IL-2 sure is fun. Isn't it?

  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    faithlou said:

    Wondering

    Yes, got scans on Monday and results on Tuesday.  Looks like I have some nodules that look smaller.  The words for the report " Some of these nodules have diminished." Mostly in the right lung, left lung nodules not significantly changed.  No growth noted.  I'll take it!  More scans Aug 20th to make sure we are still moving in the right direction.  Maybe 1 more round of IL2.  More waiting....

    @ David, I continue to expect good things for you!  Best of luck on Monday.

     

    Thanks for the continued interest and support.

    Atta girl!!!

    Way to go Lou, at this rate you'll be out of that cell in no time, CONGRATS!!!

  • MDCinSC
    MDCinSC Member Posts: 574
    faithlou said:

    Wondering

    Yes, got scans on Monday and results on Tuesday.  Looks like I have some nodules that look smaller.  The words for the report " Some of these nodules have diminished." Mostly in the right lung, left lung nodules not significantly changed.  No growth noted.  I'll take it!  More scans Aug 20th to make sure we are still moving in the right direction.  Maybe 1 more round of IL2.  More waiting....

    @ David, I continue to expect good things for you!  Best of luck on Monday.

     

    Thanks for the continued interest and support.

    Super!

    Progress is progress and progress is GOOD!

     

  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    faithlou said:

    Wondering

    Yes, got scans on Monday and results on Tuesday.  Looks like I have some nodules that look smaller.  The words for the report " Some of these nodules have diminished." Mostly in the right lung, left lung nodules not significantly changed.  No growth noted.  I'll take it!  More scans Aug 20th to make sure we are still moving in the right direction.  Maybe 1 more round of IL2.  More waiting....

    @ David, I continue to expect good things for you!  Best of luck on Monday.

     

    Thanks for the continued interest and support.

    Hooray!

    Lou,

    That's great news. I'm super happy for you! 

    -- David

  • faithlou
    faithlou Member Posts: 41
    DMike said:

    Hooray!

    Lou,

    That's great news. I'm super happy for you! 

    -- David

    Any news?

    Do you have any news on your path ahead?  I go back for scans on Aug 20th.  Hoping the best for you. 

  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    faithlou said:

    Any news?

    Do you have any news on your path ahead?  I go back for scans on Aug 20th.  Hoping the best for you. 

    The latest

    My scan on Monday showed stability. No new nodules or further growth of existing nodules. That means since IL2 treatment started, I have had minimal met growth. That's good news but it's not good enough news to warrant additional IL2 treatment.

    My oncologist recommended, since we have stability, that we scan again in 2 months with no treatment in the interim. He said we shouldn't jump into Votrient treatment when we have stability. He wants to ride the stability as long as possible before starting new treatment. I have an appointment with my oncologist at UAB tomorrow to discuss this plan. It makes sense to me.

    I look at it as the second best news I could have gotten yesterday. Shrinkage is better than stability but stability is better than growth. We'll move on with it.

    Best of luck to you on your scan Lou!

    --David

     

     

  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    DMike said:

    The latest

    My scan on Monday showed stability. No new nodules or further growth of existing nodules. That means since IL2 treatment started, I have had minimal met growth. That's good news but it's not good enough news to warrant additional IL2 treatment.

    My oncologist recommended, since we have stability, that we scan again in 2 months with no treatment in the interim. He said we shouldn't jump into Votrient treatment when we have stability. He wants to ride the stability as long as possible before starting new treatment. I have an appointment with my oncologist at UAB tomorrow to discuss this plan. It makes sense to me.

    I look at it as the second best news I could have gotten yesterday. Shrinkage is better than stability but stability is better than growth. We'll move on with it.

    Best of luck to you on your scan Lou!

    --David

     

     

    Not rushing your fences

    That sounds like a good plan to me, David.  Keep up your usual excellent lifestyle meantime and, who knows, with what we're still learning about IL2,  the next scan might well show continuing benefit from the treatment.  It would be intriguing if your high level of fitness coupled with the boost your robust immune system has got from the IL2, showed good results at the next scan.  If so, I wonder whether there's a chance they might re-appraise the possibility of your having a further shot.  Here's hoping!  Otherwise maybe I'll be welcoming you to the Votrient club!

  • faithlou
    faithlou Member Posts: 41
    DMike said:

    The latest

    My scan on Monday showed stability. No new nodules or further growth of existing nodules. That means since IL2 treatment started, I have had minimal met growth. That's good news but it's not good enough news to warrant additional IL2 treatment.

    My oncologist recommended, since we have stability, that we scan again in 2 months with no treatment in the interim. He said we shouldn't jump into Votrient treatment when we have stability. He wants to ride the stability as long as possible before starting new treatment. I have an appointment with my oncologist at UAB tomorrow to discuss this plan. It makes sense to me.

    I look at it as the second best news I could have gotten yesterday. Shrinkage is better than stability but stability is better than growth. We'll move on with it.

    Best of luck to you on your scan Lou!

    --David

     

     

    Good news

    No growth is good news.  Waiting and scanning, waiting and scanning.........  that is our new normal.   Hope you are able to put it out of your mind and just live.  Living is a good thing. Cool  It will be interesting for us IL-2ers to compare notes as we go.  The Dr told me that this treatment may continue to work overtime.  ????  We will see.  Waiting and scanning, waiting and scanning......... 

    Best of luck to all of us!

  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    Waiting and scanning

    Lots of waiting, you're right. I'm trying to maintain some type of normalcy, although it's not the old normal, that's for sure!  And TW, that thought about something good happening down the road has definitely occured to me, but if not we'll move on.

    Just trying to stay in motion! --David

  • faithlou
    faithlou Member Posts: 41
    DMike said:

    Waiting and scanning

    Lots of waiting, you're right. I'm trying to maintain some type of normalcy, although it's not the old normal, that's for sure!  And TW, that thought about something good happening down the road has definitely occured to me, but if not we'll move on.

    Just trying to stay in motion! --David

    Waiting and scanning

    Scans on Tuesday.  Fingers crossed.

  • faithlou
    faithlou Member Posts: 41
    DMike said:

    Waiting and scanning

    Lots of waiting, you're right. I'm trying to maintain some type of normalcy, although it's not the old normal, that's for sure!  And TW, that thought about something good happening down the road has definitely occured to me, but if not we'll move on.

    Just trying to stay in motion! --David

    Waiting and scanning

    Scans on Tuesday.  Fingers crossed.

  • TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252
    faithlou said:

    Waiting and scanning

    Scans on Tuesday.  Fingers crossed.

    I've got my fingers, toes,

    I've got my fingers, toes, legs, and eyes crossed for you....and it's really hard to type..Laughing

  • TillieSOK
    TillieSOK Member Posts: 252
    faithlou said:

    Waiting and scanning

    Scans on Tuesday.  Fingers crossed.

    I've got my fingers, toes,

    oops...duplicate post!  Sorry!

  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    faithlou said:

    Waiting and scanning

    Scans on Tuesday.  Fingers crossed.

    Scan

    Lou,

    I hope things went well on Tuesday.

    --David

  • faithlou
    faithlou Member Posts: 41
    DMike said:

    Scan

    Lou,

    I hope things went well on Tuesday.

    --David

    David,

    I had to reschedule to 9/3.  Still waiting.

    Lou

  • MDCinSC
    MDCinSC Member Posts: 574
    faithlou said:

    David,

    I had to reschedule to 9/3.  Still waiting.

    Lou

    Dang It!

    Sorry!  Truly!

    Of course my  fingers are cramping, but holding on! Smile

    Bon Chance 

    Michael

  • DMike
    DMike Member Posts: 259
    faithlou said:

    David,

    I had to reschedule to 9/3.  Still waiting.

    Lou

    Lou,

    i'll be thinking about you on the 3rd. I hope the scan results are great!

    David