Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

Anyone Interested??

Eims
Eims Member Posts: 423

ok i have been thinking about this for a few weeks now but would any of you lovely people out there in kidney cancer land like to meet up??  we could maybe arrange a little meeting somewhere in the middle for everyone?  i know its a bit crazy but hey ho why not??  well i have put it out there to see what everyone thinks!!!

eims x

Comments

  • NanoSecond
    NanoSecond Member Posts: 653
    Meeting place

    If I am not mistaken the "middle" would probably be somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic.  Were you perhaps suggesting the Azores?

    But then again it certainly will have be somewhere within motorcycling distance in consideration of Fox, Ron et al...

     

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423

    Meeting place

    If I am not mistaken the "middle" would probably be somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic.  Were you perhaps suggesting the Azores?

    But then again it certainly will have be somewhere within motorcycling distance in consideration of Fox, Ron et al...

     

    lol neil....how about boston,

    lol neil....how about boston, nyc or chicago??  

    eims x

  • machij1
    machij1 Member Posts: 3
    Great Idea. NYC would be

    Great Idea. NYC would be great!

     

  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,357 **
    Meeting

    We have a big contingent from Michigan.

     

    Icemantoo

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    icemantoo said:

    Meeting

    We have a big contingent from Michigan.

     

    Icemantoo

    sure look its out there now

    sure look its out there now so lets see what happens x

  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181
    Eims said:

    sure look its out there now

    sure look its out there now so lets see what happens x

    Bermuda

    I think at one time Tex was gonna take us all to Bermuda. Actually that was my suggestion.  I have a couple tents available for bike weeks.  Must like sleeping on the ground post nephrectomy. Coordinating enough people because of schedules will be hard Eims. I do expect to meet many of you in person at some time. After all, we will all be here a long time.

  • Texas_wedge
    Texas_wedge Member Posts: 2,798
    foxhd said:

    Bermuda

    I think at one time Tex was gonna take us all to Bermuda. Actually that was my suggestion.  I have a couple tents available for bike weeks.  Must like sleeping on the ground post nephrectomy. Coordinating enough people because of schedules will be hard Eims. I do expect to meet many of you in person at some time. After all, we will all be here a long time.

    Just as well - may take a

    Just as well - may take a while to find each other in the Bermuda Triangle!!

  • I am alive
    I am alive Member Posts: 315

    Just as well - may take a

    Just as well - may take a while to find each other in the Bermuda Triangle!!

    I'm game

    Aren't we already in the Bermuda Triangle?

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303

    I'm game

    Aren't we already in the Bermuda Triangle?

    The Middle

    To me the middle would be in the middle of the Irish Sea... yes on the Isle of Man... that is where I should be late August...!!    Oh for those that do not know... the Isle of Man is known for REAL road racing of motorcycles...  there is nothing like the TT Course anywhere else...  Oh guess I better mention that I long to go to the races at Ulster... one of these days..

    Cheers..!!

    Ron - U.S. Ambassador to the Manx Grand Prix.. :)

  • Limelife50
    Limelife50 Member Posts: 476
    Eims said:

    lol neil....how about boston,

    lol neil....how about boston, nyc or chicago??  

    eims x

    Chicago

    Chicago sounds good to me

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    GSRon said:

    The Middle

    To me the middle would be in the middle of the Irish Sea... yes on the Isle of Man... that is where I should be late August...!!    Oh for those that do not know... the Isle of Man is known for REAL road racing of motorcycles...  there is nothing like the TT Course anywhere else...  Oh guess I better mention that I long to go to the races at Ulster... one of these days..

    Cheers..!!

    Ron - U.S. Ambassador to the Manx Grand Prix.. :)

    oh my god ron my brother

    oh my god ron my brother tries to get to the tt races every year...he loves it!!  he has done the ulster races too...as you can tell he is into his bike racing!!!

     

    eims x

  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181
    Eims said:

    oh my god ron my brother

    oh my god ron my brother tries to get to the tt races every year...he loves it!!  he has done the ulster races too...as you can tell he is into his bike racing!!!

     

    eims x

    Races

    I've watched those races. Absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind blowing! The things we could never experience without the internet.

  • flatlander
    flatlander Member Posts: 46
    foxhd said:

    Races

    I've watched those races. Absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind blowing! The things we could never experience without the internet.

    meet up

    IF u all ever get a Boston meet up going I'm in.  As for Bermuda, its been awhile but its a lot better than Boston for everything but pizzza

  • GSRon
    GSRon Member Posts: 1,303
    Eims said:

    oh my god ron my brother

    oh my god ron my brother tries to get to the tt races every year...he loves it!!  he has done the ulster races too...as you can tell he is into his bike racing!!!

     

    eims x

    TT Races

    Ah yes.. my all time favorite movie is "No Limit" with George Formby... highly recommended..  it WILL make you laugh...!!    You have a great brother, I can tell..!!   I want to get to see the Ulster one day.. I have the hat.. now I need to see it in person and get the T Shirt..!   I was just on Face Book with my one pal that lives your way.. fun guy..!!  I plan to surprize him (and others) this year.   Now that my hair (what little I have) is half white, part grey and part brown..  I may get an outlandish dye job when I get to the IOM..  my friend and Hostess is lining this up...   there will be pictures for sure...

    There is NO place I would rather be in the summer than the IOM...  I have been saying that since 2000... and will continue to say that...

    Cheers..!!

    Ron

  • DogRescuer
    DogRescuer Member Posts: 52
    Colorado !

    Colorado would be a wonderful, beautiful middle location.  And the people are so friendly and nice!  Laughing

  • Eims
    Eims Member Posts: 423
    foxhd said:

    Races

    I've watched those races. Absolutely AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind blowing! The things we could never experience without the internet.

    Fox if you want to see

    Fox if you want to see something mind blowing check out "HURLING" or the ladies version "CAMOGIE"....trust me its mental!!!

    eims x

  • dhs1963
    dhs1963 Member Posts: 513

    Colorado !

    Colorado would be a wonderful, beautiful middle location.  And the people are so friendly and nice!  Laughing

    I love the idea.

    The probelm will be location.  I do not know where we can meet.  We have several contrinutors from across the pond, many is the good old USA.

    Somewhere on the east coast of the USA seems appropriate.  I vote for the location I can walk to from my house :)....(my college had a reunion of sorts walking distance from my house, but on my daughter's first birthday).

    All kidding aside, if we are going to do it, we need someone to take charge.  Someone who is universally respected in the group.  There goes that idea.

     

     

  • Djinnie
    Djinnie Member Posts: 945
    What about the Cote d'Azur,

    What about the Cote d'Azur, South of France, I could meet you down there in my Yaught...lol. I wish!

    If you decide New York that would be good for me I can visit my daughter at the same time. Not quite as nice as the South of France, the beaches are a little more low key, but the foods good.

    All the best

     

    Djinnie x

  • roaddr23
    roaddr23 Member Posts: 77
    Wouldn't that be Fun

    I'd love to but it would be hard logistically I think...I am in Southern Maryland if anyone gets down this way...unless I am at the Cabin in Vermont..you all are welcome there too...Wink