DCA

2»

Comments

  • manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402
    janie1 said:

    smokeyjoe,
    my naturopath

    smokeyjoe,

    my naturopath suggested berberine, but for increased bile flow, since my liver is messed up.

    didn't start taking it....yet

    i did not know about the metformin-like effects.

    I'm going to ask him more about it.....he was telling me so much at one time....i got lost.

    but maybe this is one i should be taking.....right now only taking cucurmin, liver-c (has mushrooms), and mcp.
    easing into it slowly

    how about you? doing anything different? r u going to take goldenseal?

    this was interesting

    "The authors contacted individuals from Internet forums who had reported outstanding anti-cancer responses to self-medication with dichloroacetate. With informed consent, complete medical records were requested to document response to dichloroacetate, emphasizing the context of monotherapy with dichloroacetate. Of ten patients agreeing to such an evaluation, only one met the criteria of having comprehensive clinic records as well as pathology, imaging and laboratory reports, along with single agent therapy with dichloroacetate. That individual is the focus of this report. In this case report of a man with documented relapse after state-of-the-art chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, a significant response to dichloroacetate is documented with a complete remission, which remains ongoing after 4 years. Dichloroacetate appears to be a novel therapy warranting further investigation in the treatment of cancer."

    http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10863-012-9496-2

  • thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278
    Dichloroacetate Acid (DCA)

    This is a current Article about Dichloroacetate Acid (DCA) from the American Cancer Society.

    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/04/dca-and-turmeric-on-cancer.aspx

     

    From the many books that I have read, and the numerous articles. These are two of my favorite resources. It is important if one is going to use a suplement, to find out exactly what plant it is from. Not all Mistle Toe was tested to help. A variety from a specific plant was tested to help. Others were tested but did not necessarily work. 

     

    I recomend to read about Vene Verona's work.  http://vernevarona.com/

    Nature's Cancer Fighting Foods is available on eBay or Amazon for under $10 shipped.  A great read, easy to follow, easy to understand.

     

    If you want more science and good information: Beating Cancer with Nutrition, Patrick Quilllin and Noreen Quillin

    Available on eBay or Amazon for under $10 shipped.  Technical yet simple to read. It explains a lot of the nutrition advice given in other books. Several books about nutrition that I read used this book as a resource. Explains the supplement or food and exactly what it did for many groups. (It gives the references to the actual studies so one can read first hand the results.)

     

    Best Always,  mike

     

  • coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    thxmiker said:

    Dichloroacetate Acid (DCA)

    This is a current Article about Dichloroacetate Acid (DCA) from the American Cancer Society.

    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/04/dca-and-turmeric-on-cancer.aspx

     

    From the many books that I have read, and the numerous articles. These are two of my favorite resources. It is important if one is going to use a suplement, to find out exactly what plant it is from. Not all Mistle Toe was tested to help. A variety from a specific plant was tested to help. Others were tested but did not necessarily work. 

     

    I recomend to read about Vene Verona's work.  http://vernevarona.com/

    Nature's Cancer Fighting Foods is available on eBay or Amazon for under $10 shipped.  A great read, easy to follow, easy to understand.

     

    If you want more science and good information: Beating Cancer with Nutrition, Patrick Quilllin and Noreen Quillin

    Available on eBay or Amazon for under $10 shipped.  Technical yet simple to read. It explains a lot of the nutrition advice given in other books. Several books about nutrition that I read used this book as a resource. Explains the supplement or food and exactly what it did for many groups. (It gives the references to the actual studies so one can read first hand the results.)

     

    Best Always,  mike

     

    Don't know if its still available for free for ekindle but thats

    how i got the Quillins' book (unless this version is totally different than the pay for one)

    and then there's this,from Dr Mercola

    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/08/04/dca-and-turmeric-on-cancer.aspx

  • kelman_fred
    kelman_fred Member Posts: 1
    DCA DID NOT WORK

    I read about DCA and was so convinced that it will cure or stop cancer from spreading when my father was diagnosed with colon cancer. I started him right away on the regiment hoping that it will slow the process until he will be able to select the available options. He got to the hospital for raspitory problem 6 weeks after that and was rutinely checked again for his cancer by cadscan. His tumor was larger and spread to his liver. He passed away 8 weeks after starting DCA. Sorry to say - DCA in my father's case did not do anything to prevent spreading or slowing or curing as some claimed. I am sure my father is not the only one. It imay not be common for those with negative results writing on discussion boards. Please use all other available treatments before committing to DFrownCA. 

  • renw
    renw Member Posts: 282

    DCA DID NOT WORK

    I read about DCA and was so convinced that it will cure or stop cancer from spreading when my father was diagnosed with colon cancer. I started him right away on the regiment hoping that it will slow the process until he will be able to select the available options. He got to the hospital for raspitory problem 6 weeks after that and was rutinely checked again for his cancer by cadscan. His tumor was larger and spread to his liver. He passed away 8 weeks after starting DCA. Sorry to say - DCA in my father's case did not do anything to prevent spreading or slowing or curing as some claimed. I am sure my father is not the only one. It imay not be common for those with negative results writing on discussion boards. Please use all other available treatments before committing to DFrownCA. 

    The problem is that over

    The problem is that over 10000 unique mutation combination can exist in colorectal cancer. As a result, what works for some, usually does not work for most others. Research really needs to start taking into account individual gene expressions and customise treatment .

  • manwithnoname
    manwithnoname Member Posts: 402

    DCA DID NOT WORK

    I read about DCA and was so convinced that it will cure or stop cancer from spreading when my father was diagnosed with colon cancer. I started him right away on the regiment hoping that it will slow the process until he will be able to select the available options. He got to the hospital for raspitory problem 6 weeks after that and was rutinely checked again for his cancer by cadscan. His tumor was larger and spread to his liver. He passed away 8 weeks after starting DCA. Sorry to say - DCA in my father's case did not do anything to prevent spreading or slowing or curing as some claimed. I am sure my father is not the only one. It imay not be common for those with negative results writing on discussion boards. Please use all other available treatments before committing to DFrownCA. 

    Just wondering

    where you got the DCA from? the trial that started all the interest said 12 weeks to reach theraputic blood levels, it sounds like your father was too far gone when he started.

  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866
    renw said:

    The problem is that over

    The problem is that over 10000 unique mutation combination can exist in colorectal cancer. As a result, what works for some, usually does not work for most others. Research really needs to start taking into account individual gene expressions and customise treatment .

    Interesting...

    I've heard something similar too. Some treatments work for some but they don't always work for others. But sometimes they do!

    There was an interesting segment on CBS Sunday Morning about 3D printers and how they're printing human tissue and organs. In Oregon they're also testing it with people's cancer cells so they can test drugs on their specific cancer cells and find out what works for that person. They're making progress, not quick enough but they are making progress...

  • Just wondering

    where you got the DCA from? the trial that started all the interest said 12 weeks to reach theraputic blood levels, it sounds like your father was too far gone when he started.

    Hi all. Just wondering if

    Hi all. Just wondering if anyone here is following up on this Phase I clinical trial on DCA. It's due for completion this month.

    http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00566410?term=DCA&rank=1

  • Gideon
    Gideon Member Posts: 1

    Hi all. Just wondering if

    Hi all. Just wondering if anyone here is following up on this Phase I clinical trial on DCA. It's due for completion this month.

    http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00566410?term=DCA&rank=1

    No news

    There seems to be no news for this study. Record hasn't been updated even for trial completion.

    Does anyone know any new info about DCA ?

  • Eddy B
    Eddy B Member Posts: 5
    Gideon said:

    No news

    There seems to be no news for this study. Record hasn't been updated even for trial completion.

    Does anyone know any new info about DCA ?

    Hey, Gideon.

    There are ongoing studies.
    However, it is true that former active pages likes DcaWatch and DcaSite are dead atm.

    My aunt is using DCA at the moment to treat Colon cancer metastases. We used this amazon DCA.
    (looked the most reliable and afordable).
    So far the markers and the CT imaging results are stable. No side effects so far. Be sure to take Tiamine and Alpha Lipolic Acid to prevent neuropathy.

    The most interest is aimed towards DCA combination with other chemical drugs or for neoadjuvantic treatment pre-surgery.

    Check out DCAGuide.org if you want new info. The guys provide interesting info every now and then. You can read a lot of articles based on Sodium Dichloroacetate studies.

    Someone share any other sites, woul be interesting to read more on the subject.

  • Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,625 Member
    Eddy B said:

    Hey, Gideon.

    There are ongoing studies.
    However, it is true that former active pages likes DcaWatch and DcaSite are dead atm.

    My aunt is using DCA at the moment to treat Colon cancer metastases. We used this amazon DCA.
    (looked the most reliable and afordable).
    So far the markers and the CT imaging results are stable. No side effects so far. Be sure to take Tiamine and Alpha Lipolic Acid to prevent neuropathy.

    The most interest is aimed towards DCA combination with other chemical drugs or for neoadjuvantic treatment pre-surgery.

    Check out DCAGuide.org if you want new info. The guys provide interesting info every now and then. You can read a lot of articles based on Sodium Dichloroacetate studies.

    Someone share any other sites, woul be interesting to read more on the subject.

    Hello

    Eddy, this is an old post, and several members have now passed on. I think it would make a great new topic, if you would be interested in starting a new thread. 

    Tru

  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited October 2017 #33
    Very Old Post

    Old post but it was good to bring back some of the members we lost.  It would be good to start a new discussion if you have additional things to ask. 

    Kim

  • Eddy B
    Eddy B Member Posts: 5
    DCA and what is new

    After a handful of years - there have been a lot of ongoing discussions and researches on Sodium dichloroacetate. I even had a couple of people known to me which took DCA.

    Most of the time, they took it in with other therapies. Orally, however, I've heard people could take it via intravenous infusions. If you have no friends or people that can be close and understand how to make a I/V infusion - I strongly advise you to take SodiumDichloroacetate orally.

     

    Intravenous infusions should be taken in clinics. The most infamous clinic in Canada is Medicor Cancer clinics. They can even provide you with single-time consultations for a couple of hundred bucks through e-mail if you share all your tests and imaging results as well as the ongoing treatment.

     

    What can I say regarding the information on DCA at this very moment. It has potential. There are ongoing researches, the period in which SodiumDichloroacetate was suppressed from the public eye is over. It is an old orphan drug which was used for decades on children for congenital mitochondrial diseases, it's safety and side effects ARE WELL KNOWN before the cancer treatment. One out of two cases - it will cause you to develop polineuropathy in a time scale of a year or two. This can be prevented with Tiamine (Vitamin B1) supplements. You can also take Alpha-lipolic acid. 

     

    SodiumDCA can be really helpful for someone with Glioblastoma as additional chemotherapy treatment with TMZ. It is a small molecule which can cross the blood brain barrier.

     

    It can aid Tamoxifen treatment in breast cancer. It can help against non-small cell lung cancer, prostate, ovary, neuroblastoma and other cancers. I have been following this substance for a couple of years now since my close friends decided to use this stuff.

     

    There have been frauds on Fake DCA on the internet - If you plan to buy it, I advise you to do so on Amazon. This has a strict product policy and you can buy pure stuff. Just search in Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk. 

    A lot of people have been noting that there are no news on DCA. That's relatively true. The DCASite and DcaWatch are unactive for some time. I advise you to give it a try in www.DcaGuide.org on the internet or maybe on facebook. Search youtube, search databases.

     

    DCA can be used a monotherapy or in a combination with other treatments. Look up www.DcaGuide.org .They are known to post such possibilities as well as other great information on usage, dosing and other things.

  • Mahdi2
    Mahdi2 Member Posts: 2
    I have an idea for using DCA for colectral cancer

    I have an idea using DCA in the combination of Atovaquone (both orally) for removing opposite effect of hypoxia. Any experience or idea on effectiveness on colon or dose correlation between two agents are welcome

  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,715 Member
    Mahdi2 said:

    I have an idea for using DCA for colectral cancer

    I have an idea using DCA in the combination of Atovaquone (both orally) for removing opposite effect of hypoxia. Any experience or idea on effectiveness on colon or dose correlation between two agents are welcome

    Mahdi2

    This is a very old post.  It would be beneficial to you to start a new thread to ask your question as some one read a new comment from one posted years ago.  Welcome to the boards.

    Kim