Welcome to the new Cancer Survivors Network website! Existing members can click HERE to review the changes and new features on CSN.

Why not treat yourself to something special?

2»

Comments

  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    foxhd said:

    strange places
    It's funny that you pulled this thread up because that was my plan when I got on today. However, after reading your post, I got nothin'.

    I beat you to it...
    Yeah...I leave Monday for two weeks in the sun and it reminded me of this thread, then I a friend sent that to me and I put two and two together.
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181
    garym said:

    I beat you to it...
    Yeah...I leave Monday for two weeks in the sun and it reminded me of this thread, then I a friend sent that to me and I put two and two together.

    that being said
    ..Heading to Myrtle Beach thursday. Just a week. Not sure if I can or should swing a golf club. Good thing I know where the biker bars are.
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    foxhd said:

    that being said
    ..Heading to Myrtle Beach thursday. Just a week. Not sure if I can or should swing a golf club. Good thing I know where the biker bars are.

    Go for it...
    TW is back playing, I'd say give it a try, but don't try to hit it 300 yards right out of the gate...save that for your second time out. Have a great time!!!

    Biker bars are the best,

    Gary
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181
    garym said:

    Go for it...
    TW is back playing, I'd say give it a try, but don't try to hit it 300 yards right out of the gate...save that for your second time out. Have a great time!!!

    Biker bars are the best,

    Gary

    vacation
    .We'll see you all next week. Heading to Myrtle beach!
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    foxhd said:

    vacation
    .We'll see you all next week. Heading to Myrtle beach!

    Vacation...
    Off Monday for two weeks in St. Maartin, so here's a bit of humor to hold you all over until I get back.

    An elderly Italian man who lived on the outskirts of Rimini, Italy,
    went to the local church for confession. When the priest slid open
    the panel in the confessional, the man said:

    "Father...... During World War II, a beautiful Jewish woman from our
    neighborhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide
    her from the Nazis. So I hid her in my attic."

    The priest replied: "That was a wonderful thing you did, and you
    have no need to confess that."

    "There is more to tell, Father.. She started to repay me with sexual
    favors. This happened several times a week, and sometimes twice
    on Sundays."

    The priest said, "That was a long time ago and by doing what you did,
    you placed the two of you in great danger, but two people under those
    circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh.
    However, if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed forgiven."

    "Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind. I do have one
    more question."

    "And what is that?" asked the priest.


    "Should I tell her the war is over?"



    Some day our war will come to an end I hope!!

    I'll miss ya,

    Gary
  • icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,358 **
    garym said:

    Vacation...
    Off Monday for two weeks in St. Maartin, so here's a bit of humor to hold you all over until I get back.

    An elderly Italian man who lived on the outskirts of Rimini, Italy,
    went to the local church for confession. When the priest slid open
    the panel in the confessional, the man said:

    "Father...... During World War II, a beautiful Jewish woman from our
    neighborhood knocked urgently on my door and asked me to hide
    her from the Nazis. So I hid her in my attic."

    The priest replied: "That was a wonderful thing you did, and you
    have no need to confess that."

    "There is more to tell, Father.. She started to repay me with sexual
    favors. This happened several times a week, and sometimes twice
    on Sundays."

    The priest said, "That was a long time ago and by doing what you did,
    you placed the two of you in great danger, but two people under those
    circumstances can easily succumb to the weakness of the flesh.
    However, if you are truly sorry for your actions, you are indeed forgiven."

    "Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind. I do have one
    more question."

    "And what is that?" asked the priest.


    "Should I tell her the war is over?"



    Some day our war will come to an end I hope!!

    I'll miss ya,

    Gary

    Orient Beach
    Gary,

    While you are in St Maartin bring back some pictures from Orient Beach.

    Icemantoo
  • lawmanmike
    lawmanmike Member Posts: 29
    icemantoo said:

    Orient Beach
    Gary,

    While you are in St Maartin bring back some pictures from Orient Beach.

    Icemantoo

    St Maartin sounds nice!
    I'm 3 weeks out from surgery - doing very well but going a little stir crazy as my body slowly recovers. Planning a Caribbean cruise sounds like a good new distraction... thanks!
  • foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181

    St Maartin sounds nice!
    I'm 3 weeks out from surgery - doing very well but going a little stir crazy as my body slowly recovers. Planning a Caribbean cruise sounds like a good new distraction... thanks!

    Vacation
    Have a good trip Gary! I won a trip to St. Marteens a couple years ago but never got to go. Anyway, I'm back from a great week at Myrtle beach. Just a couple weeks ago, I was in significant pain and had difficulty just getting around. But all pain is gone. Played several rounds of golf. Even weight trained and ran 2 miles today.
  • garym
    garym Member Posts: 1,647
    icemantoo said:

    Orient Beach
    Gary,

    While you are in St Maartin bring back some pictures from Orient Beach.

    Icemantoo

    Orient Beach...
    Sorry iceman,

    No cameras allowed at Orient Beach and they hire huge security guards to walk the beach and make sure. When the cruise boaters come to gawk each day I put up my sign:

    $5.00 to look
    $10.00 to stare
    $15.00 if you laugh

    Gets 'em every time.

    Had a great time, rested, relaxed, and brown all over.

    Good to be back,

    Gary